Employment Opportunity: Field Integrity Technician
Vertex is currently recruiting for Field Integrity Technician to assist with the field execution of pipeline discontinuation, abandonment and integrity investigation projects. This position will be part of a new service line at Vertex focusing on providing integrity and abandonment services to the oil and gas industry for their wells, pipeline and facility infrastructure.
The primary purpose of this position will be to supervise field integrity projects and manage field crews. Looking to build an industry leading team, implement operational efficiencies and develop organic growth within our operating areas, client base and industries served.
The Field Integrity Technician will be responsible for:
- Supervise Integrity field projects and manage crews and equipment operators.
- Holding tailgate safety meetings with field crews and operators.
- Managing equipment rental scheduling and equipment operators to minimize costs.
- The implementation and execution of the worksite safety procedures.
- Working with Integrity Project Manager on project budgeting, scheduling, planning and daily cost tracking.
- Client satisfaction and customer service, maintaining and building strong working relationships with existing and new clients.
- Working with Integrity Project Manager on sourcing new clients and responsible for project cost estimates and maintaining budget margins;
- Continual improvement of the Integrity Field Services, looking for operational efficiencies, new technologies, new services and upgrades to equipment and personnel;
- The training and development of internal personnel ensuring a growing internal expertise.
The Field Integrity Technician must have:
- Proven leader experience working with both operations and field crews;
- Strong background in Western Canadian Oil & Gas production industry;
- Extensive working knowledge of Alberta, British Columbia and Saskachewan regulations;
- Experience in the energy service sector working with oil & gas and resource companies providing service on their pipeline construction and facility projects;
- Working Knowledge of CSA Z662 07 pipeline standards code, OUP/B31.3 and the Pipeline Act;
- Experience with Accumap or Abadata software packages;
- Experience managing equipment and personnel;
- Experience troubleshooting and problem resolution within a business environment;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi task effectively;
- Strong computer skills, experience Microsoft office;
- Experience and a general understanding of the Integrity service industry, potential growth targets and areas within the resource sector where it is needed and required;
- Possess excellent communication skills;
- Must be self motivated and a team player;
- Willing to work long days and be away from home for periods;
- All Valid tickets for working in the oil and gas industry, example: ground disturbance advanced, confined space, First Aid, H2S Alive etc…;
The candidate will be based out of the Grande Prairie office. However qualified candidates from other centers will be explored. Vertex has 10 offices across Western Canada.
Interested candidates are invited to a forward a resume, in confidence.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.