Environmental Scientist / Technician
Vertex is currently looking for an experienced and energetic Environmental Scientist/Technician/Professional to assist our team of professionals in conducting reclamation, remediation and spill response projects. The successful candidate must be someone with project management, client communication and operational experience in the environmental field.
This position will be a home based position, working out of our Fort St. John Office.
- Experienced in spill response
- Conduct Upstream Oil and Gas Phase I, II and III Environmental Site Assessments
- Develop and build strong relations with our existing client base
- Conduct fieldwork activities and prepare technical reports for lease, pipeline development and environmental impact assessments, for the purpose of acquiring restoration or reclamation certificate
- Assist and supervise reclamation and remediation projects and complete related inspection in areas of operation
- Complete EFR/EAP field assessments and reporting
- Complete professional technical reports
- Organize and manage workload and cooperate as part of a team for the successful completion of projects
- Liaise with client constriction, drilling, production and surface land personnel
- Promote corporate, safety and environmental policies
- Other environmental related projects for clients as directed
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in environmental consulting industry.
- Diploma or Degree in a related field
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Environmental experience in Western Canada within the Oil and Gas, Energy, and Infrastructure industries.
Competitive salary - Benefit package - Training and Development - Potential Career Opportunities
The ideal candidate would be home based in Fort St. John.
If you are looking for a rewarding career in an exciting and fast paced environment, then we are inviting you to forward your resume, in confidence.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.