Versatility. Expertise. With these two words, Vertex makes the promise that they not only have all of the resources required to satisfy a customer’s needs, but also the skill to do so with the best possible results. We encourage our employees to think and develop the best solutions for our customers. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team please apply.
Vertex is currently looking for an experienced Project Manager that will be based out of our Sherwood Park office.
Specific Responsibilities of Positions
Some examples include, but are not limited to:
- Manage all activities and functions of assigned area that will impact overall operations, budget, personnel, quality control and safety performance
- Plan, organize, schedule and coordinate all assigned project activities, including mobilization, demobilization, manpower requirement, scheduling of company equipment, materials and facilities, to ensure work are efficiently and effectively executed
- Ensure compliance with all customer requirements and specifications
- Responsible for coordinating day-to-day operational activities of assigned projects and ensure that all equipment are properly maintained and in good working conditions
- Develop and help execute marketing plans to seek new business, while managing current clients, to ensure profitability, increase market share, growth and expansion of the Project Group Division
- Regularly provide updates and submit reports of activities to management related to performance, schedules and other business conditions/issues and changes on assigned area
- Assumes a leadership role in the implementation of the Safety Management System
- Mentor and support the Junior Project Managers
- Regularly visits project sites and conduct review meetings
Education and Experience
- Degree / Diploma from a University, Technical School or College in Engineering, Drafting and Design, or other related discipline
- Must have five (5) years or more project management work experience in industrial insulation, scaffolding and/or pre-engineered building systems; the oil and gas or other heavy industrial construction sector
- Specific Training in Construction Project Management would be a significant asset
- Must have significant experience in managing multiple projects/assignments simultaneously
- Working knowledge of MS Office and proficient in the use of applicable project scheduling and job costing software
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Interested candidates are invited to forward a resume, in confidence.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -