Versatility. Expertise. With these two words, Vertex makes the promise that they not only have all of the resources required to satisfy a customer’s needs, but also the skill to do so with the best possible results. We encourage our employees to think and develop the best solutions for our customers. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team please apply.
Vertex is currently looking for an experienced Project Coordinator to assist the Project Manager in managing the project in accordance with the Vertex project management guidelines, policies, and the terms of the specific contract. Assist in planning, organizing and controlling of the project to meet or exceed our client’s safety, quality, cost and schedule expectations. Works with the site and home office project execution team to ensure project deliverables are met.
Specific Responsibilities of Positions
Some examples include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in development of full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Assist in communicating project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis as directed by the Project Manager.
- Assist in the drafting and submittal of budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Assist in the recruiting of the appropriate project personnel as required by the Project Manager.
- Continually manage set project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Support project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Assist in development and delivery of progress reports.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, devise contingency plans and submit to Project Manager for execution.
- Take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Assist in development of best practices and tools for project execution and management.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary certification diploma or degree from an accredited college, university or technical school in a relevant discipline.
- Journeyman apprenticeship training and certification.
- Training and professional development from an accredited professional and / or construction industry association.
- Inter-provincial journeyman tradesman.
- Relevant field and management experience with Vertex specific training will be recognized.
- 0-5 years proven proficiency in an industrial or commercial work environment in a project coordination capacity.
- Must display excellent technical, planning, organizational, communication and leadership skills.
Interested candidates are invited to forward a resume, in confidence.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Indeed - 13 months ago