The Procurement Clerk is responsible for the tactical procurement of supplies, equipment, and services to be used by the organization. This is an Intermediate Position within the organization. The Procurement Clerk coordinates his or her efforts with the purchasing manager in order to maintain the appropriate level of inventory; with help from the Inventory Coordinator. This individual will utilize his/her knowledge to purchase goods and services that meet quality requirements and specifications at the most favorable price for the company, while simultaneously building and maintaining strategic relationships with key suppliers.
Responsibilities will include the sourcing, negotiations and release scheduling of inbound raw materials and components, and ensuring adequate stock levels for production requirements
Identify vendors of materials, equipment or supplies.
Source and negotiate day-to-day business needs
Maintain rental equipment, products or substitute materials.
Maintain purchasing/inventory policies, following implementation and review of SOP's and KPI requirements
Follow delivery schedules, monitor progress and contact clients and suppliers to resolve issues.
Analyze inventory needs based on sales trends and inventory levels.
Place purchase orders ensuring flow of inventory that guarantees optimum stock levels and meets turnover goals.
Maintain an extensive database for all orders that is up to date and provides information for analysis and reporting.
Provide product, storage and order information to all internal departments as requested.
Stay current with internal and external factors impacting procurement function.
Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
· Post-Secondary Diploma ,ongoing or relevant discipline, recommended.
· PMAC designation is a definite asset
· 1-3 years’ experience in an administrative/procurement role preferred.
· Strong knowledge of office procedures and practices.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
· Resourceful and flexible.
· Proven organizational and time management skills.
· Manual dexterity required to operate computer and peripherals.
· Interacts with employees, various management levels and the public at large.
· Travel to storage yard/suppliers will be required.
· Overtime may be required.
The candidates will be based out of our Sherwood Park office.
Interested candidates are invited to forward a resume in confidence.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.