With these two words, Vertex makes the promise that they not only have all of the resources required to satisfy a customer’s needs, but also the skill to do so with the best possible results. We encourage our employees to think and develop the best solutions for our customers. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
Intermediate Safety Personnel
Vertex Professional Services Ltd. is currently looking for Safety Personnel to assist our team of safety professionals providing support on external safety service projects in the Wood Buffalo region. The successful candidates will have previous experience as a safety professional in the oil and gas industry and a registered safety professional with health, safety & environment experience in Alberta.
Specific Responsibilities of the Position
Some examples include, but are not limited to:
- Provide senior technical support to the assigned safety projects
- Authorize to stop work should there be observable and direct contravention of Federal Regulation, Provincial OHS (Occupational Health & Safety) Regulations, area laws or any situation that may expose danger to workers and the public in general.
- Coach On-Site Supervisors on pro-active safety initiatives such as Behavior Based Safety, Near Miss reporting, Site/Company Orientations and contractor HSE Management follow-ups
- Interact with Area HSE Advisors and Local Operations Management regarding corrective actions, and follow-up injury case managements
- Provide Field HSE Advisors support for critical activities based on risk, including but not limited to Rig moves, multi-stage fracs, Multi-contractor operations on one location, drilling operations and lease construction
- Gather proactive leading key performance indicators from all field operations as indicated
- Respond to incident related call-outs and assist with Incident Investigation management and data collection of post incident
- Conduct on-going field verifications including but not limited to implementation of regulator/company commitments; ensure corrective actions identified in incident investigations have been implemented on each relevant sites
- Assist the safety department with document development Programs, Audits, Emergency Response Plans
- Assist in revising safety handbooks and manuals as needed
- Help promote a culture where health and safety is a top priority for all
- Other related duties that may be assigned from time to time
Education and Experience
- Five (5) to ten (10) years’ experience in safety within the oil & gas industry
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience required in one of the following:
o Facility Construction
o Tank Farm Construction
o Camp Operations
o Camp Demobilization
o Oil Sands Insitu Operations
o Drilling & Completions
o Contractor Management
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) considered an asset
- Strong computer experience with Microsoft Office and online programs
- Strong working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety practices particularly related to the oil and gas industry
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with customers at any levels in the organization
- Excellent Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Able to prioritize and meet deadlines through proven organizational skills
The position will be based in the Wood Buffalo region with flights included from the following centers: Vancouver, Kelowna, Nanaimo, Prince George, Terrace, Edmonton, Calgary & Lethbridge.
Vertex offers Competitive salary - Benefit package - Training and Development - Growth Opportunities - Potential Career Opportunities.
Contractor applications also available for this position
If you are looking for a rewarding career in an exciting and fast paced environment, then we invite you to forward your resume, in confidence, by visiting our careers page www.vertex.ca/careers
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Vertex is a diversified company that provides solutions primarily to the growing Energy, resources, and many other sectors and projects throughout Western Canada, North Dakota and internationally. Vertex provides land, environmental and safety services, building systems, industrial insulation, scaffolding, well site accommodations and waste management services, to name just a few. Vertex’s service offering continues to grow to serve our client’s requirements.
With a track record of success, Vertex provides an environment where people thrive. Opportunities and career changes come from within our growing divisions and from one division to another. From recent graduates to professionals with many years of experience, Vertex’s entrepreneurial culture of success welcomes all. Vertex is a team environment where individuals as team members are encouraged to think and develop the best solutions for our customers. Vertex’s family values promote a culture of flexibility and encourage a good work/life balance.
Posting date: June 16, 2014