Intermediate Occupational Hygienist
Versatility. Expertise. With these two words, Vertex makes the promise that they not only have all of the resources required to satisfy a customer’s needs, but also the skill to do so with the best possible results. We encourage our employees to think and develop the best solutions for our customers. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team please apply.
Vertex Professional Services (Vertex) is currently looking for an Intermediate Industrial Hygienist / Environmental Consultant to join our Saskatchewan office. The position includes working on projects involving occupational exposure assessments, indoor air quality, hazardous materials assessment and management, as well as health and safety assessments, auditing and management.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Developing and implementing sampling programs;
- Preparing and calibrating sampling equipment for field use;
- Sample collection in the field, data interpretation and preparation of reports;
- Interpret and/or analyze sample/data results in relation to legislative requirements and industry-accepted guidelines;
- Supervising hazardous abatement projects (asbestos, mold, lead, etc.);
- Preparation of occupational hygiene and hazardous materials proposals;
- Client liaison;
- Assist team in marketing and business development;
- Any other duties assigned;
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Certified practitioner or professional (CIH, ROH, CRSP, etc.), or is currently seeking certification is preferred;
- Educational background in a science related discipline;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication and critical thinking skills;
- Competent use of English and excellent report writing skills;
- Requirement to wear personal protective equipment;
- Possess a reliable vehicle and willing to travel regionally and nationally, occasionally for extended periods of time;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi task effectively to meet deadlines;
- Must be strongly proficient in Microsoft Office Software;
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
The ideal candidate will be based out of our Saskatchewan Office.
Interested candidates are invited to forward a resume, in confidence.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.