With these two words, Vertex makes the promise that they not only have all of the resources required to satisfy a customer’s needs, but also the skill to do so with the best possible results. We encourage our employees to think and develop the best solutions for our customers. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
Vertex Professional Services Ltd. is currently looking for an experienced and energetic Environmental Technician/Professional to assist our team of professionals in conducting reclamation, remediation and spill response projects. The successful candidate must be someone with project management, client communication and operational experience in the environmental field.
Specific Responsibilities of the Position
Some examples include, but are not limited to:
- Experienced in spill response
- Conduct Upstream Oil and Gas Phase I, II and III Environmental Site Assessments
- Develop and build strong relations with our existing client base
- Conduct fieldwork activities and prepare technical reports for lease, pipeline development and environmental impact assessments, for the purpose of acquiring restoration or reclamation certificate
- Assist and supervise reclamation and remediation projects and complete related inspection in areas of operation
- Complete EFR/EAP field assessments and reporting
- Complete professional technical reports
- Organize and manage workload and cooperate as part of a team for the successful completion of projects
- Liaise with client constriction, drilling, production and surface land personnel
- Promote corporate, safety and environmental policies
- Other environmental related projects for clients as directed
Education and Experience
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in environmental consulting industry.
- Undergraduate degree specializing in Environmental Sciences, Geological Sciences, Biology or similar or diploma in same disciplines with five (5) years’ experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Environmental experience in Western Canada within the Oil and Gas, Energy, and Infrastructure industries.
The position will be based out of our Fort St. John, BC Office.
Vertex offers Competitive salary - Benefit package - Training and Development - Growth Opportunities - Potential Career Opportunities.
If you are looking for a rewarding career in an exciting and fast paced environment, then we invite you to forward your resume, in confidence, by email.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Vertex is a diversified company that provides solutions primarily to the growing Energy, resources, and many other sectors and projects throughout Western Canada, North Dakota and internationally. Vertex provides land, environmental and safety services, building systems, industrial insulation, scaffolding, well site accommodations and waste management services, to name just a few. Vertex’s service offering continues to grow to serve our client’s requirements.
With a track record of success, Vertex provides an environment where people thrive. Opportunities and career changes come from within our growing divisions and from one division to another. From recent graduates to professionals with many years of experience, Vertex’s entrepreneurial culture of success welcomes all. Vertex is a team environment where individuals as team members are encouraged to think and develop the best solutions for our customers. Vertex’s family values promote a culture of flexibility and encourage a good work/life balance.