Vertex Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews

Vertex is an amazing company with so much going on in the field of cystic fibrosis
Scientific Assoxiate II (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA14 August 2017
Although Gilead took the lead in Hep C drugs, Vertex has not vanished. They have several awesome candidates coming down the line.....................
Pros
All kinds of free stuff!
Cons
They treat temp workers like college freshman
great company
Scientist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA27 July 2017
very good culture, and balanced work environment. smart people and good products. i miss my days there and wish i still worked there and had become wealthy with the stock.
Great place to learn and grow
Corporate Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA25 July 2017
Great company culture. Everyone is excited about the mission and direction of the company. Management is transparent even as the company continues to grow rapidly both domestic and international.
Productive and fun place to work with ping pong table
Lead Workday Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA19 July 2017
Excellent place to work - with work life balance.

Flexible work schedule is provided.

Nice benefits and compensation.

Fun group to work with.

Look forward to joining them in future.
Great company.
Intern (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA31 May 2017
Rapidly growing global company. Corporate culture and working environment is very good. They valued their employees. Salary structure and benefits are very good.
An outstanding company. Dedicated and committed in providing exceptional research for the good of manking
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA5 April 2017
I have the most admiration for Vertex. The high quality of professionalism exhibited is secound to none. The training is exceptional allowing it's employees to advance at a high pleasant learning pace.
Pros
Carrier Advancement
Excellent experience in new program immersing academics in biotech
Vertex Fellow (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA5 March 2017
Vertex implemented a new year-long fellowship program designed to immerse academics within an active drug discovery program designed to give them a first-hand look into how new compounds and targets are discovered and optimized to make new medicines to treat severe, life-threatening diseases. I would highly recommend this program to anyone interested in seeing what day to day life is like as a scientist in a medium-sized biotech.
Pros
Accessibility to management and research leadership
This was a great place to work but there are internal issues with management
HVAC Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA1 March 2017
Over all Vertex was a decent place to report for work daily, there were a lot of nice people I've encountered. The only issue is the work load and the correct service tech to perform the duties.
Pros
free parking
Cons
management
Not a Clear Development Path
Employee (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA4 October 2016
This is a great company with smart, hard-working people. The company has never evolved a development plan or path for motivated employees, advancement is often about self-promotion.
Pros
Work balance
Cons
Employee Development
a company w/ really great benefits
Clinical Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA23 August 2016
The company has the best benefits for employees. However, there's a lot of room for improvement in management. Without good management, there isn't growth for employees.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management
great
Procurement and Strategic Sourcing CO-OP (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA14 May 2016
Great company culture, great people, everyday is a new day very dynamic and awesome. I like the working environment and people who are always willing you help out whenever.
encouraging atmosphere
Sr.Informatica Developer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA9 May 2016
Very innovative and encouraging group to work with.
Learned alot in terms of bringing productivity.
Mentored junior level canditates on ETL technical skills.
They value your work/life balance. Fun place to work at.
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA24 February 2016
It all depends on what department or team you are with, but I had wonderful time working there. Interned at marketing department for a few month and everyone was nice and they are all more than willing to help you out. Vertex really does value your work/life balance and I really felt like I was treated as a valuable asset to the company.
Pros
People within the company
Cons
Slow
Fast paced, upbeat environment
Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA23 February 2016
Vertex pharmaceuticals has a very welcoming and warm environment. A typical day for me involves many interactions with clients and customers, dealing with on-your-toes situations, working on promotions for our service, organizing BEOs, managing my catering team and making sure our operation runs smoothly and effectively. I have learned many management and communications skills, organizational tactics, and overall business processes and etiquette. My managers are great teachers who set examples for the rest of our staff to follow. A lot of what I have learned is because of their endless efforts to teach me something new every day. Other than my managers, the rest of my co-workers help to create a fun yet productive environment.

Usually, the hardest part of my day isn't a single task, but working at a minimum, 11 hour days. This can be tiresome, at times, although necessary. On the contrary, the best part of my job is getting to build relations with our clients on a daily basis.
Great Place
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA11 February 2016
Great Benefits
Innovative company
Smart people
Nice place
I have learned a lot working at this place.
Good coworkers
Good people
productive and relaxing scenory
Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA15 January 2016
excellent company to work for, great atmosphere, locality is key. there is a lot of immature people and who have to be in a group to be happy..
Pros
great relax enviroment
Cons
attitudes and felt like high school
Vertex
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA5 January 2016
I was on a temp to hire assignment there that did not work out. Vertex treated their temps just as they treated their full time employees, which was really great. A lot of great perks were offered (fitness center being one of them) that I took advantage of even though I was a temp worker. I was very interested in becomming a full time employee.
Pros
Great to their employees
Cons
Hard to get your foot in the door
Great place to work!
Patent Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA29 December 2015
Vertex had two drugs approved during my 7 years there and the stock went from $22 when I started to $143 at one point in 2015. Vertex has fantastic benefits and I met and worked with a lot of wonderful people.
Vertex Pharma
Commercial Contracts Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA9 October 2015
Working at Vertex has been a great experience! The people are all there for the same reason, to help patients with cystic fibrosis and they do every day! I've learned so much, not only from my managers but from my co-workers. Everyone is helpful should you ask questions about what they do or how your position fits into the bigger scheme of the company.
Pros
great benefits, flexible work hours depending on your department
Good place if you are on the permanent staff.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA24 February 2015
Worked as a contract staff and it was difficult to mingle with the full time staff. Offices moved to Boston from Cambridge making the commute harder.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vertex Pharmaceuticals. Our community is ready to answer.