With these two words, Vertex makes the promise that they not only have all of the resources required to satisfy a customer’s needs, but also the skill to do so with the best possible results. We encourage our employees to think and develop the best solutions for our customers. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
Emergency Medical Technician – Ambulance
Vertex Field Services Ltd. is currently looking for energetic EMT-A professionals whose primary role will be to provide advanced medical rescue service delivery to Vertex Ltd. customers working with the Vertex team in semi-remote settings. Reporting to the team lead, the successful candidate will support the delivery of the highest quality of basic and advanced life support medical rescue assessment and treatment. Individuals will adhere to OH&S Alberta legislation and professional association protocols in line with Alberta College of Paramedics best practices. Individuals are also required to maintain technical expertise including knowledge of local systems, standards, policies and procedures.
Specific Responsibilities of the Position
Some examples include, but are not limited to:
- Primary function is to provide advanced First Aid / Medical Aid to employees. The goal is to promote and support a healthy and safe work environment.
- Additional responsibilities may include but not be limited to: health surveillance, training, and participation in health and safety programs
- Tasks associated with keeping Medical Station in excellent functioning condition.
- Work as a member of the Emergency Response Team
The incumbents will:
- Provide medical assessments, treatment plans, and implement follow up with evaluation of care
- Manage sensitive, confidential information while displaying sound and objective judgment.
- Have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with proven ability to work effectively across multiple functional areas and various professional disciplines
- Possess strong basic computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Qualified to perform drug and alcohol screening an asset, but training will be provided
- Be responsible for maintaining accurate and confidential medical records, in accordance with established medical records protocol.
- Be responsible for keeping equipment and supplies current and in working order
- Qualified and able to perform the general scope of practice as outlined in the Medical Providers’ Medical Control Guidelines and Alberta College of Paramedics Scope of Practice
- Be a registered member in good standing with the Alberta College of Paramedics
- Meet the licensing requirements of the Province of Alberta for operating and ambulance and should have a minimum of two years’ field experience in the role
- Valid Class 4 Driver’s license, with recent abstract
- Certification in EMT-A
- Certification in BTLS an asset
- CSTS certificate
- H2S Alive
- CPR HCP
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in Acute/Critical Care. Experience in an industrial setting required.
- PLEASE INCLUDE REFERENCES WITH YOUR APPLICATION
- Perspective applicants will need to undergo a formal interview process via available means
- For prior Medical Related Experience, applicants may be asked to provide total hours actually worked in any relevant capacity
- Security clearance documents if warranted will need to be issued from your community of residence within 30 days of being offered employment
- Successful candidates prior to any offer of employment must provide clean Drug and Alcohol testing results from a Vertex Ltd. recognized facility.
The position will be based out of Northern Alberta.
Vertex offers Competitive salary - Benefit package - Training and Development - Growth Opportunities - Potential Career Opportunities.
If you are looking for a rewarding career in an exciting and fast paced environment, then we invite you to forward your resume, in confidence, by visiting our careers website at www.vertex.ca/careers
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Vertex is a diversified company that provides solutions primarily to the growing Energy, resources, and many other sectors and projects throughout Western Canada, North Dakota and internationally. Vertex provides land, environmental and safety services, building systems, industrial insulation, scaffolding, well site accommodations and waste management services, to name just a few. Vertex’s service offering continues to grow to serve our client’s requirements.
With a track record of success, Vertex provides an environment where people thrive. Opportunities and career changes come from within our growing divisions and from one division to another. From recent graduates to professionals with many years of experience, Vertex’s entrepreneurial culture of success welcomes all. Vertex is a team environment where individuals as team members are encouraged to think and develop the best solutions for our customers. Vertex’s family values promote a culture of flexibility and encourage a good work/life balance.
Posting date: May 5, 2014