Accounts Payable Clerk
Versatility. Expertise. With these two words, Vertex makes the promise that they not only have all of the resources required to satisfy a customer’s needs, but also the skill to do so with the best possible results. We encourage our employees to think and develop the best solutions for our customers. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team please apply.
Vertex is currently looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Clerk. The successful candidate will be responsible for processing full cycle accounts payable as well as assisting with filing functions, cheque runs, and monthly journal entries along with other accounting duties. This position will be based out of our Sherwood Park, AB location.
Specific Responsibilities of Position
- Processing of full cycle accounts payable
- Posting accounts payables and deposits
- Preparation of cheque runs and EFT payments
- Reconciling of suppliers accounts and ventures
- Entering and maintain subcontract and vendor accounts
- Assist with monthly journal entries
- Assist with filing functions
- Other duties related to the day to day operations of the department
Education and Experience
- Accounts Payable experience is required - minimum of two (2) years of experience plus - preferably in the construction industry
- Post-Secondary education is an asset
- Good understanding in reconciliations; month end closing processes; general ledger accounts; set up and maintain vendor files; and general knowledge of accounting principles
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office- proficient in Excel spread sheet is a must
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi task effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
Interested candidates are invited to forward a resume, in confidence.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.