VERTEX Consulting Services, Inc. is looking for dynamic, energetic individuals who welcome the challenge of joining our growing consulting practice. VERTEX is a rapidly growing, multi-national consulting firm that is experiencing exponential growth, and we’re looking to augment our team of talented individuals! Do you enjoy travelling, meeting new people and gaining varied and valuable career experience? Do you enjoy using a wide variety of technological resources to meet and exceed client goals and expectations as well as improve inter-office efficiency? Are you looking for a fast-paced atmosphere, dedicated to exceeding client expectations of excellence? Are you looking for a company that believes in promoting from within, and the only limitation is defined by you? If so, this is the right opportunity for you!
The entry-level and staff-level individuals we are looking for will enjoy the challenge of working on multiple projects on a fast-paced schedule, working with senior staff and providing field oversight on a variety of projects. More specific details are described below.
- Conduct Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
- Conduct/Direct field subsurface investigations activities
- Collect soil, groundwater, and indoor air samples
- Analyze laboratory and engineering data
- Write regulatory and summary reports for senior review
- Represent VERTEX to the client in a professional manner
- Schedule and coordinate subcontractor activities for projects
- Prepare and implement Health and Safety Plans for the site where required
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy
Junior Environmental Scientist/Engineer
- Frequent travel and/or field work (valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required)
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients and subcontractors
- Able to work with minimal oversight, but take direction from Senior managers
- Able to meet deadlines, both internally and externally
- Other project duties as assigned by senior staff
Intermediate Scientist/Engineer – in addition to the above:
- Experience in the execution of Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, Phase II Subsurface Investigations, Risk Assessments and Remediation
- Experience with Property Condition Assessments (PCAs) is a plus!
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, or related environmental field
- Varies by level, experience in technical activities directly related to Environmental Assessment activities, including report writing and field investigation is a plus.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
- Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe) required.
- Proficiency or working knowledge of CAD a plus.
- Positions requires Health & Safety Training/Certification pursuant to state and provincial regulations for Environmental Hazardous Waste Operations
- Walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain
- Carry field testing equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites with regularity
For consideration, please submit your application at: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=6608401
Indeed - 14 months ago
VERTEX is regarded as one of the premier construction and environmental consultancies serving many top insurance companies, owners,...