Under the direction of the Vice President, the HR Coordinator provides professional and administrative support to the company. He or she is heading all HR functions and assists with coordinating various other programs and projects. The HR Coordinator is also responsible for payroll, responding to employee inquiries, maintaining employee records and policies and ensuring those records and policies remain accurate and legally compliant. This position is a 13 month maternity leave contract with the possibility of extension.
- Takes initiative and demonstrates sound judgement
- Able to work successfully and productively independently with limited supervision
- Good organization skills and attention to detail
- Professional and maintains confidentiality at all times
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Flexible and open to a variety tasks
- Responsible for the implementation and administration of HR policies and practices
- Administer corporate benefit programs including liaison with benefit providers and answering all employee inquiries
- Administer the performance evaluation program and compensation plan
- Assist managers with the probationary and yearly performance reviews for all staff
- Assists managers in all levels of recruitment including posting jobs, screening applicants, setting up interviews, conducting reference checks, writing offer letters and employee orientation
- Coordinate training for field and office staff and keep up to date training records
- Administer the payroll system using Great Plains and a web based timesheet system and process bi-weekly payroll for hourly staff
- Maintain relevant hardcopies and electronic employee files
- Chair the H&S Committee and works proactively on issues regarding workplace incidents, WCB claims and claims management
- Maintains relations with office and field staff, address relevant issues and questions
- Assist with coordination of company events such as team building events and annual Christmas Party
- Responsible for coordinating IT Support for office and field staff
- Administer company cell phone plan
- Assist the accounting department on projects as may be required
- Other duties or projects may be assigned from time to time
- Advanced Word, Excel and Outlook skills are essential
- Knowledge of BC Employment Standards Act, PIPEDA and Payroll Administration Protocols
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- 1-2 years administrative experience, preferably within the HR field
- Post secondary degree/diploma in Human Resources or a related field
- CHRP designation or working towards designation is an asset
- Previous management experience is an asset
- Experience in the telecommunications industry would be considered an asset
Since its inception in 1990 Vertec has continued to grow and we are proud to be regarded an industry leader. An energetic, motivated and highly trained workforce is the cornerstone of our success. Our head office is located in North Burnaby, but our technicians work all across western Canada. We are a small, privately owned company with good compensation packages and supportive team environment. Further to this, we will work with your strengths to help you be successful in your new role.
If you are looking for a position in which you get a chance to tackle tasks independently yet work together with a small dedicated team, please reply to this posting with your resume, salary expectations and cover letter.
Commensurate with experience.