VersaCold Logistics Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Cold Storage and Freight
dockworker / warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 July 2017
Hard work long hours but great pay. I enjoyed my time there; company procedure and safety is quite rigorous. The temperature is cold and freezing, keep that in mind during winter in Winnipeg. The work is fast paced, action packed, technical forklift driving and electric pallet jack handling under stress and extreme conditions; team work is essential to success. You must be hard working able to read a chart, locate the freight and must be organized.

This job has a high difficulty level but a fun and exciting way to earn a wage.
Pros
bankable days off, overtime, benifits
Cons
Cold !
Ever changing - great company with lots of opportunity to grow.
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 November 2016
I would provide customer service for 2000 employees. It could be anything from helping them with their benefits to helping change their address with the payroll team.
I worked very closely with the payroll team and we had a great group of people.
There is constant change right now so everyday was something new and exciting.
Busy, informative.
Customer Service Rep/Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON27 February 2016
Working at Versa Cold was a great learning experience. Was trained on different systems, very fast pace. The employees at Versa Cold strongly believe in Team work.
Turn-over is attrocious
Group Manager (Former Employee) –  gta2 April 2014
Worked for Versa for just shy of two years. I was the 15th OM in 10 years. Of the 12 supervisors that were there when I started, only two remain.

Met all of my year-1 objectives and was not paid my bonus as agreed; place is controlled by investment bankers and they won't spend money.

Had one day off in May and got grief about taking that day; the next day my job was posted on several job-banks. Worked an average of 60 hours per week, and often times 70+.

Reputation for customer service is aweful and it's well-deserved. Buildings aren't capable of doing the kind of business they are selling but they want to fill them at all costs.

Since I left, every OM save one has been replaced in Ontario, there have been two GMs and both are gone now. The HR manager was fired shortly after they had him term all the OMs and a bunch of long-term employees.
Pros
Salary was good, though not for the hours required.
Cons
Saddled with the reputation of having worked for Versa; there was no work-life balance.
Complex 3PL, frozen food warehouses, customer driven
Pallet Coordinator & Workflow Control (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 November 2013
Involved in many areas within the company. Recently in the pallet department our team was productive, energetic department, quick decision making during entry of pallet forms. Rewarding to ensure that expensive pallets were not lost and always having warehouses stocked with pallets, business continued daily. Supervisor was very informative and supportive and assisted when needed. Department was very focused and keen to ensure data entry was accurate. Daily was a struggle to process all pallet forms which could exceed 500 daily. In another position, workflow control, balanced manpower with location needs and controlled all work for the day in system. Was given the opportunity to enroll in Lean Six Sigma, and learned to become more efficient through the use of LSS methodologies. The team on the shift was functional, able to carry out orders and remained busy due to control of work in system. The average case picking per shift was 20K and load onto many trucks, this gave the shift a sense of accomplishment knowing that the customer would receive their product on time. A difficult time during shift, when equipment broke down and orders still needing picking. Reorganizing the manpower to equipment was initialized and took time.
Pros
learning many aspects of the food and warehousing industry
Cons
not able to continue learning and growing within organization
Challenging and interesting workplace
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario24 September 2012
Selecting, orienting and training employees, monitor employees to follow H&S and operational procedures,
Interact with clients and provide them service and immediate assistance
Pros
fast-paced organization
Cons
cold environment
No Comment
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 April 2012
Always busy
Good learning experience
No job security
Co workers are not friendly
I enjoy going after 430 pm
Pros
free coffee and ice cream