Verizon

Verizon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
sales, receiving products
Team Leader (Former Employee), Fairfield ctAugust 7, 2014
meeting customers needs and going over customers accounts and shipping out products and receiving new ones
Good company
BUSINESS ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 6, 2014
As a b2b rep, a lot depends on the territory. If you have a lot of prospects, just make the calls, book the meetings, and close the deals.

If the territory is already dominated by Verizon customers, then it's pretty much over saturated, and good luck not just meeting quota, but getting into the multipliers.
fast paced always changing
Manager (Current Employee), Portland, ORAugust 6, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: understaffed
Fast paced always changing metrics and technology. If you are going to work in wireless and in sales great opportunity to work for the best in the industry.
Worked for great boss.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, VAAugust 6, 2014
Had the opportunity to work for VP. Met a lot of great people in both places. Worked strike duty and learned what the associates did.
A very satisfying and, at times, challenging career
Splice Service Technician (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 6, 2014
As an employee of Verizon, the work was challenging and satisfying. Customer service was a priority for the company and for me as a technician who very often worked in residences and businesses. Management was very receptive to working with employees on all issues. A typical workday at Verizon was determined by the jobs that were presented and the skills – more... that I possessed. Overall, this was a career that I very much enjoyed. – less
I liked the job and Fun place to work .
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: challenging and rewarding position
Cons: the job location
Provided quality service to in-bound callers regarding billing, customizing plans, minor technical troubleshooting, and upgrading equipment features.
Researched and resolved financial issues involving customer accounts.
Performed extensive problem solving and resolution of customer complaints and issues. Trained other associates who may have problems – more... meeting their objectives such as calls per hours, average handle time, and quality of customer service. I did peer to peer coaching, train associates on new products and program that Verizon Wireless may implement including all aspects of the companies policies and procedures while setting a positive example.

I learned how to be a team leader, support my co- workers and became a better listener. – less
Productive and Balanced Working Environment
OSS Planner/ Functional Architect/ Asset Manager (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDAugust 6, 2014
Pros: 401k match
Cons: healthcare costs
In Verizon, I worked on all phases of OSS system management, system development software modeling, software design, system integration, testing and troubleshooting of different communications related problems. My areas of expertise also include SONET/DWDM network management, data communications interface design, CORBA TMF 814, MTOSI objects design, – more... DCE/OODCE implementation, LAN/WAN design, Network Management, and system engineering in the areas of communications software development, communications hardware procurement, prototyping and vendor products evaluation. The work environment was very nice.

The hardest part was to consider relocating to another out-of-state location.. – less
Grreat company, Fabulous place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee), Loma Linda California/ Durham NcAugust 6, 2014
Pros: company car, great bonus structure, high earning poteintal, great managment team.
Cons: change in commission structure, cut backs
Established company, great working atmosphere. Fabulous benefits.
Great Company, depending on the department you work in.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: good benefits, training, possible career advancement
Cons: long work hours, heavily micromanaged
As a sales consultant our day is heavily micromanaged. Everything is timed and documented, even bathroom breaks are documented. Although the salary and perks are great the position is highly stressful.
Great place to work fits my personality
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Sioux City, IAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: great pay, love sales
Cons: retail hours work life balance
help customers with bills, upgrades, new lines. leading my team by coaching to behaviors in stead of numbers. work life balance is the hardest thing about the job, retail mall hours. Love working with people!
Good money
Force Clerk (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PaAugust 6, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: very rigid
Very rigid company to work for, but excellent pay and benefis.
Business Bankrupted
Wireless Store Manager (Former Employee), Metter, GAAugust 6, 2014
I loved working for this company. However, they were not very appreciative towards it's employees.
Innovative, Challenging, Engaging
IT Help Desk Implementation - Project Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: opportunity for promotions
Cons: reduction in workforce
Innovative, Challenging, Engaging
Experienced and Developed all aspects of project management lifecycle
Multi tasked on a daily basis
understood and practiced metric adherence, quality assurance, commitment to budget constraints
Respected and learned from management team and co workers
Fun place to work
Sr Engineer, IMS Maintenance Engineering (Current Employee), Westlake, TXAugust 5, 2014
I enjoy working for Verizon wireless. My colleagues are really respectful, the company has great work benefits.
Most managers are well versed in the technology and very organized.
They put employees first which is a great asset and therefore contribute to the overall success of the company.
professional and fun atmosphere
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), clovis, caAugust 5, 2014
Pros: team focused inviroment, full-time
Cons: on calls all day with a lot of aggrivated customers
A typical day at work is filled with a lot of modivation to succeed. Managers and coworkers are all very helpful and really act as a team/family and encourage everyone to do the best they can and set goals for themselves and then exceed them. I learned a lot about the importance of working as a team to build each other up and still be competitive with – more... selling goals. The hardest part is to not let the bad and hard calls, when customers get very upset, get to you but with the support of your teammates and managers you can over come it. – less
Great pay and benefits
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAAugust 5, 2014
I started as an employee of Alltel Communications until Verizon Wireless bought the company. I then relocated to California after they closed the call center where I was employed. It is a very diverse workplace, and you remained busy. The hardest part of the job were the commitments you made everyday, and the stress that came along with it. The benefits – more... were great. – less
Fast-paced, good company to work for.
CONSULTING SYSTEM ENGINEER (Former Employee), Ashburn, VAAugust 5, 2014
A Fortune 500 Company delivering communications and technology solutions to customers in more than 150 countries.
Daily responsiblities
Technical Architect (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: diversified experience
Cons: deep dive into technical expertise not always available
I work for a Marketing technical team that is responsible for every aspect of all the sales tools utilized by the Verizon Enterprise sales organizations.
My responsibilities include Purchasing and configuration of all internal hardware, design and support of various tools, the migration and upgrade of all of our software platforms.
On a typical day – more... I am working with internal and offshare developers supporting our change management process for application development.
I am also doing 3rd level support for any technical issues which may arise in our business unit - not including any client issues.
IPAD and Video support is included.
Managing the teams Active Directory objects and processes, Supporting a SQL 2K8 Data warehouse and request, supporting EMC's Documentum content management system for an external team and Project managing all new projects as they arise. – less
Fast pace, team work
Customer Advocate (Former Employee), Hanover, MDAugust 4, 2014
Daily, I logged into several systems to receive calls and needed resources to assist customers. Reviewed outlook emails received from area operations, supervisors, team members and customers. I Assisted 32-45 customers with billing inquiries, data details, account opportunities, and equipment troubleshooting. When needed I served as a Supervisor relief, – more... assisting team with additional resource support and escalations. – less
Enjoyable work experience.
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Somerset, NJAugust 4, 2014
Excellent management and opportunity for learning. Good communication between client groups.

About Verizon

Verizon Business, a unit of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ), is a global leader in communications and IT solutions. We combine – Read more