Verizon

Verizon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice experience
account manager (Former Employee), RockVille, MDSeptember 7, 2014
Very friendly environment. The staff made it a great job. It has it pioint where it was stressfull but it was worth it
Hypocritical
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova CASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: nice phones
Cons: micromanaging supervisors, ridiculous and unreachable goals.
I started off there in 2002 as a customer service rep, and worked my way up to coordinator, then transferred to tech support. Liked tech support, my supervisors ranged from micromanagers to very laid-back. I was then taken out of tech support after coming back from knee surgery with a promise that I could get a refresher course in tech support, which – more... never happened.

You follow the script, and woe betide you if you waver from it. For instance, if you don't sell some unwanted service, but listen to the customer's needs, you get dinged for it. I told customers what they needed to hear, not what some airhead in management (and there were a LOT of those!) wanted me to say.

There are people there who should never have been hired, much less made supervisors.

Bottom line, if you want to feel satisfied that you did a good job for all involved, don't work at Verizon. – less
Started in 1971 as lineman. Ended as a cable splicer.
Cable Splicer/ Lineman/ First Line Supervisor (Former Employee), Pole Tavern, NJSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: secure. not bad money.
Cons: too much overseeing my management.
Loved my job in beginning. Cable splicing was the best job in company up until the late 80's early 90's. Work culture fell apart. We used to be very independent at work, now they watch everything a tech does.
Fun place to work, lots of company perks
QA Coordinator (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GASeptember 7, 2014
Cons: split days off
meetings, breakfast/lunches provided to employees as a Thank-you for doing a good job, support staff always available to assist with additional research needed for customer accounts
A bitter sweet end with a great company!
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee), Cranberry, PASeptember 6, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: no break between calls
I absolutely loved working for Verizon Wireless. I loved taking calls and working to resolve customers issues. Every staff member worked very hard at helping us be the best we could be. On a daily basis 90% of our supervisors would be attentive to our needs and weak points and be eager to work with us! We would handle an average of 42+ plus incoming – more... calls a day with customers who were looking to resolve issues, add lines, buy accessories, make payments, change plans and talk about international travels. The most enjoyable part of my day was when I knew I was able to help assist our customers 100%. The hardest part of the job was adapting to realizing not every single customer was going to love us! – less
Good Living Wage
Specialist (Former Employee), Newark, NJSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: work life balance
This company is rather rigid, but good benefits and salary.
very hectic workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), rochester, nySeptember 5, 2014
this was a very hectic and very stressful job. they do offer great benefits and the pay is good however because the center is so big, i didn't really get to have that one on one feel with my manager.
Productive and fun enviornment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Opelika, ALSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: enjoy woking hard.
Cons: short lunches.
Sign in in all systems, access three different account at once, encouraging co-workers, and great place to go to get experience.
Fun place to work and a lot to learn
Repair Service Associate (Former Employee), Madison, NJSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: 401k
Cons: shift work
Verizon was a great place to work all across the board they gave great benefits and they pay good plus we got raises and you had the option to go to school and get reimbursed, You also had the option to grow in the company The only reason I left is because I moved out of the state
You cant ask for a greater experience, especially since its a Fortune 15 company
Cslt Eng - Network Engineer (Current Employee), Richardson, TXSeptember 5, 2014
Work with Verizon teams, project managers and customer technical teams to provide solutions for customers' technology requirements.
Investigate, design, plan, and implement physical and logical IP networks.
Perform maintenance, troubleshoot, and implement new LAN and WAN infrastructures.
Productive place to work with many aminities
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCSeptember 5, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Verizon Wireless. Being in Financial Services, I spent my work hours helping each customer to the best of my ability and making sure each customer's needs were met. It was my responsibility to make sure each customer hung up satisfied and with an even better perception of Verizon Wireless as a company.
customer service representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), murfreesboro tnSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours and training
customer service call center for verizon wireless customers
Great place to work for. To have a career at.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 4, 2014
Verizon is definitely for their customers and employees. Two pluses.
wonderful and challenging workplace
Field Technician (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: great benefits
My 32 years at Verizon were years that helped to mold me into the person that I am today. I started as a young man and was mentored by a great group of coworkers and managers. They instilled in me a wealth of knowledge and I am forever thankful to Verizon for giving me the opportunity to advance in my knowledge of telecommunications and to take that – more... knowledge a step further by getting into networking. I was able to interact with customers and took pride in addressing their needs. I would have to say the most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers with their concerns. I took pride in knowing that when I left the job I had made a customer happy. – less
Good Company to work for.
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), HoustonSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: bonuses, employee appreciation
Cons: work hrs
Very structured company, There were checks and balances.Treated their employees with respect. The company invested in their good employees and kept them.
Very good company and people
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Temple TerraceSeptember 4, 2014
Very good company and people to work with during the years I spent making a solid contribution.
Good pay and good people but its who you know here!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MISeptember 4, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: horrible business practices.
Unless you know somebody you will never get anywhere here. Its all about management hiring their friends and promoting them. Your effort and results get you nowhere.
Very supportive and professional place to work
IT Program Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 4, 2014
Fast paced and frequent changes.
Co-workers are very supportive and mostly friendly.
Very positive
Government Customer Operations Tech Coordinator (Current Employee), Hanover,MDSeptember 4, 2014
It's a very fun filled and a good place to work, the management is friendly and appreciating.
job culture
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Fremont, CASeptember 4, 2014
Cons: too many to list
-fast paced
-elevator pitches
-poor management
-liked my coworkers
-hardest part felt like all efforts weren't good enough (from management)
-most enjoyable part (was leaving)

About Verizon

At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, – Read more