Verizon
4,983 reviews

Verizon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great team atmosphere, lack of great direction.
hands on sales (Former Employee), woburn MAJuly 11, 2014
Good people, good money, long commutes. Advancement was mostly left to if you were given good leads or not. Hardest part of my job was learning how to stop myself from selling to hard.
Great people to work with
Telephone Operator (Former Employee), Salisbury, MarylandJuly 11, 2014
Again, I love the people I worked with. Management started out okay in the begining. Afterwards, they didnt care about the people only productivity.
Verizon is a good company to grow within your degree.
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee), Monroe, MIJuly 11, 2014
Change energizes us is a big part of what we encounter in our everyday activities. Each and every customer along with technology changes and so do we.
out of business
Sales Representative (Former Employee), New Albany, MsJuly 11, 2014
this was a dealer of verizon, company only lasted 3 years, went out of business nothing else to say
Cellular Sales/Verizon
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Celular Sales Greenville/SpartanburgJuly 10, 2014
Cons: no breaks, unethical company, promises never kept
This company is unethical at every level. The company hires anyone with a "pulse" and they all try to cheat each other. This is a constant happening and nobody is willing to assist you to learn even your daily job.

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE!!!!!
Senior Customer Service / Technical Support (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: very demanding
-Fast paced high volume call center
-very demanding at times
-great people
-good benefits
-world class customer service training
Fast paced work environment
Budget Analyst Expert (Current Employee), Reston, VAJuly 10, 2014
• Responsible for the preparation and analysis of financial reports, trends, and opportunities.
• Prepare ETCs, EACs, and billed/unbilled analysis for FFP, CPFF w/LOE projects.
• Provide program control for financial and business related planning and execution.
• Primary activities involve monthly reporting, financial performance, analyzing and recommending – more... strategic alliances to achieve organization’s growth and profitability. – less
Fast paced high paying work place but takes alot to make it happen
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee), Lima, OHJuly 10, 2014
Pros: high pay, great benefits
Cons: long hours, lots of stress to hit numbers even though they say customer service is more important
They are not your typical retail job, they have retail hours and you will work every weekend and be contacted everyday especially once in management. You will see your co-workers more than your own family. Commission goals will constantly go up and be made harder to hit. Benefits are second to none and VERY worthwhile, great 401k and really good medical – more... benefits. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Project Manager - II (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJuly 10, 2014
It was a very good experience working at Verizon.

Each and everyday was learning period.

Co-workers and very friendly and supportive.
Great pay and benefits. Everything else: meh.
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee), OhioJuly 10, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: soul-sucking
Great pay and benefits. But you have to sell phones, hustle, and swindle like your job depends on it. And it does. Store managers get it. Everyone else lives in a dream world.
Awesome
Government Technical Coordinator (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 10, 2014
This is a great company to work for. I have nothing more to add.
can be a great learning expierence.
Government Account Executive (Former Employee), Framingham, MAJuly 9, 2014
not much structure to day to day for government accounts team. Management lacks direction. Large turn over ratio has lead to a weak team structure and support.
verizon
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: drama
great place, stay professional at all times. They could give more benefits to the employees. but that's my opinion. customers are not that irate but can be.
GEICO
Sales Supervisor in Training (Former Employee), Stafford, VAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: profit sharing
Cons: mangers do not know what is going on all the time
Good Company -- Lots of rules
You are only a number and not a person
Interesting Company
Senior Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Dublin, OHJuly 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: senoirty taken away
On a typical day I take 50-60 incoming calls going over customers bill, plan, upgrade options and technical issues with devices. Management at Verizon is helpful. My co-workers are wonderful. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to customers and creating such a personal connection that they want to deal only with me if they need to call back – more... for anything. – less
Responsible to oversee Business Team and processing orders
Business Sales Associate (Former Employee), tampaJuly 9, 2014
 Responsible to oversee Business Team and processing orders
 Help meet and exceed monthly sales quota by acquiring and retaining corporate and employee liable accounts
 Resolves customer issues in a timely and empathetic manner while maintaing and growing existing customer base and manage churn.
 Continuously update knowledge of wireless products, – more... services, industry trends and the competitive dynamics of the marketplace
 Generate new business through prospecting, cold-calling, networking and generating leads and referrals – less
Great Company
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Denton, TXJuly 9, 2014
Insightful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 9, 2014
Pros: short commute, free monthly lunches, co-wokers and bonuses. general insight re:celluar companies, services and billng
Cons: not enough managerial participation but unnecessary micro-managing
Typical day at work - Answered inbound calls re: rate/ billing, service inquiries, applied credit/debit adjustments; updated addresses, credit card information, obtained and applied payments to consumer accounts.

What you learned - General insight re:Celluar companies, services and billng

Management -Some helpful and some not so helpful.

Your co-workers – more... - Enjoyable and assistive.

Hardest part of the job - High volume calls w/multiple issues.

Most enjoyable part of the job - short commute, free monthly lunches, co-wokers and bonuses. – less
verizon
Manager (Former Employee), new jerseyJuly 9, 2014
Not a work/life company
Diff rules for managers and emplyees
Great people and company to work for.
Business Sales Representative (Current Employee), Tampa,FLJuly 8, 2014
We believe in the power of technology to solve just about anything. And we've put our sharpest minds to the task. Whatever your passion and expertise, when you join Verizon, you'll find a sales team determined to change the world and empower our customers to do the same. You'll tackle challenges that will continually spark your intellect, fuel your – more... passion and drive your professional growth. And we'll provide you with robust training opportunities and outstanding benefits. So you're always supported to realize your goals.

Role

Your work as a Business Account Executive will be critical in positioning Verizon as a global industry leader. With your superior sales expertise, excellent customer service skills, and passion for technology, you'll deliver exceptional and innovative business solutions. Whether you're continuously hunting and prospecting for new business or growing existing accounts, you'll leverage your expert consultative skills to identify customer complexities and recommend tailored solutions that meet their needs and drive success. With a role integral to expanding Verizon’s impact and growing our business, you'll take pride in knowing you're part of the company that's changing the world through powerful technology.

Responsibilities

With a deep product expertise and a rich understanding of our solutions, you’ll:

Educate and excite customers about our innovative business solutions

Prospect, cold-call, and generate new sales leads

Analyze customer needs and present integrated solutions

Utilize sales force automation, prospecting, and funnel management tools

Facilitate completion of customer contracts

Provide follow-up training for new business customers

Generate sales forecast and tracking reports

Attend training to understand company, market, and industry trends – less

About Verizon

At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, – Read more