Verizon

Verizon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
non productive
customer service (Former Employee), anderson IndianaAugust 11, 2014
lower all employees payrate. They did not allow us to do overtime it was not verizon it was xerox that took over acs.
Depends
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), PAAugust 11, 2014
Verizon Wireless pays well, but does not treat employees equally or fairly. You can succeed if you keep quiet and work whenever and however (that part is very important) your manager wants you to. If you don't rise to the top, you will probably hate working there. If you don't do exactly what your store manager does, you'll hate it as well. Even if – more... that activity is *ahem* unethical.

Each month you are subject to sales performance guidelines. You can be put on a performance improvement plan (PIP) for practically any reason and can also be subject to write-ups for things as idiotic as not opening the door for a customer.

The culture, of course, trickles down from the top, but really starts with your district manager. My most recent DM was the second worst manager I've ever had. If you, as a manager, enjoy being micromanaged about everything under the sun, maybe you'll enjoy it. If you like watching certain people get let go and others not for the same behaviors, then it's the place for you!

Pros: Pay

Cons: Everything else. Customers are miserable, managers are subject to extreme sales goals, company does not care how you get your results (as I was told by multiple DMs), hours are terrible, vacations are dominated by senior employees whether they deserve them or not, you get promoted without earning it (many assistant/store managers were in their positions without a proven sales track record), they care more about how you do your job than they do your results, but then again they care more about your results than they do your process (which speaks to fairness), you can be written up for anything that violates their "Earn the Right" selling process, no vacations during holidays, if you don't work extra hours managers look down on you (even after working 50 hours) – less
Call center for unemployment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 10, 2014
Pros: on the phone all day.
Cons: paying into retirement is a requirement there.
inbound calls for people filing for unemployment. Co-workers were awesome. Hardest part of the job was that the research in looking for what is wrong with someone claim. It was a pretty simple job helped people file their claim and that was it. Unless there was a unique issue with their claim.
No rewards, no benefits
Retail Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Leominster, MAAugust 10, 2014
Pros: when sales were up, pay was good
Cons: guerilla tactics
VZW is only in it for profit. When I worked there, all they wanted was for me to work, work, work with no breaks. They drive employees with constant meetings about data and devices with zero incentives and constant guerilla tactics and fear of being fired. Horrible place to work.
good work place
material handler associate (Former Employee), Littiltion,MaAugust 10, 2014
we did all kinds of jobs pack, pick,drive fork trucks ,looked things up .we helped each other out not a bad work place ..mostly grtting a long working with woman and man all day and getting a long well.had many boss thru the years al good and you can talk to them and the same back to you...not sure there was a hard job you just do your best ...just – more... getting a long and friends at work . – less
Fast-paced, performance-based company.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEAugust 10, 2014
Pros: great work discount, pay, environment.
Cons: performance-based numbers, crazy customers, repetition.
Whether you're working at a store or the call center, you will be measured on how you do. If you keep a positive, flexible and open attitude, you'll succeed.

Management is always willing to work with you to help you if you're struggling in areas, but you must be willing to carry your own weight. Unpleasant interactions and incredible repetition are – more... the only downsides to this job.

The ability to advance if you get bored with your current position is a positive, and the pay is great, as are day-one benefits, and just the overall culture. – less
fun
Technical Support Coordinator (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEAugust 9, 2014
This was a fun place to work and good work/life balance. Lack of promotion potential was the biggest downfall.
Good Company, Opportunities Like Anywhere
Manager - National Operations/Marketing (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHAugust 9, 2014
Pros: great company, focus on development and engagement.
Cons: some managers shouldn't be there.
Verizon was a great company to work for. Everything is being centralized into New Jersey and the work style and culture in Jersey is cut throat. A lot of politics, but this is true in any large corporation.
Fun work place with room for advancement
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Grand Island, NeAugust 9, 2014
Pros: cellular knowledge and discounted service.
Cons: long hours and little flexibility
The managers/supervisors were great and very encouraging. Sometimes the customers were hard to work with as they were adjusting to a switch in companies. I like the fast paced work and the fact that I was never not busy.
Intense, lucrative, demanding
Sales Representative/Small Business Consultant (Current Employee), Smyrna TNAugust 9, 2014
Pros: favorable compensation
Cons: demanding physically and emotionally
It requires long hours that reward you based on ability and willingness to apply yourself. The job is demanding and requires an enormous amount of personal fortitude.
Senior Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), CaliforniaAugust 8, 2014
Pros: great pay / vacation / benefits
Cons: company seems to not like to have employees in california.
Verizon is a great company to work for. As with any large corporation, there are challenges.
Working with Verizon
Lead Installer (Former Employee), Texas and LousianaAugust 8, 2014
In my work for Verizon through Proteus Services I traveled throughout Texas and Louisiana at a moments notice. I was on call 24/7 installing and maintaining Verizon's 4G network.
Family Owned
Cord-Account Mgt (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 8, 2014
This is a business that i owned with my mother. Of course i love it.
Very Business oriented, but great environment to work in.
MAC Technician (Former Employee), Oak Ridge, TNAugust 8, 2014
Pros: great work environment and very knowledgeable personnel.
On a day to day basis I did more learning due to me being new to the environment. The people I worked with were extremely friendly and helpful when it came to teaching me things I did not know.
Customer Service Tech Support
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Irvine, caAugust 7, 2014
Pros: enjoyed working with the customers.
Cons: no advancement opportunities.
• Maintained 100% customer satisfaction while taking 70+ calls per day in a high volume call center environment.
• Received inbound calls from customers needing assistance and/or education with all aspects of product use including: account set up/adjustment, billing inquiries, mobile device capabilities, warranties, troubleshooting, wireless workshops, – more... and sales assistance.
• Provided telephone support to website users, and helping callers manage their accounts.
• Researched and resolved customer inquiries in a timely manner.
• Maintained accurate and well-organized record data logs of all activity in internal computer systems.
• Maintained good organizational and time management skills. – less
Door to Door Sales rep
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Hasbrouck Heights, NJAugust 7, 2014
it was a great place to work.and the promotions was great.and making the customers happy.
productive work place
Account Executive (Current Employee), Sandusky, OHAugust 7, 2014
Cons: short breaks
Very busy work place. fact paced, customer friendly. manage accounts and fix phones.
Good company
Project Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (Former Employee), Irving, TXAugust 7, 2014
Pros: consistently in the top 20 of the fortune 500
Cons: they are not very considerate of work/life balance.
A lot of work. Was provided with proper tools to do my job. Training available. Tuition reimbursement. Great people.
productive and fun
SQL BI Developer (Former Employee), Irving TXAugust 7, 2014
productive and fun , Learning more and good to work with team members
Working at Verizon
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 7, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: corporate bs
Working at Verizon was a fantastic experience. I had an amazing set of co-workers and my managers gave me the freedom and opportunity to grow. Despite dealing with some typical corporate BS, working for Verizon (even as a contractor) was great.

About Verizon

Verizon Business, a unit of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ), is a global leader in communications and IT solutions. We combine – Read more