Verizon

Verizon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great benefits
Customer Care (Former Employee), Irvine CaSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: learning technology
Cons: sitting down for eight hours
working for Verizon had great health benfits, retirement , along with employee phone program
Got latest state of the art tablet and Mobile smart phone (for use)
Business System Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago,ilSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: remote work available
Verizon aimed at developing Guided Selling Gadget, in order to enable Verizon Small and Medium Business Portal to enhance offer optimization through the utilization of business rules and product recommendation capabilities of the Guided Selling Gadget for sales and campaign improvements.
My responsibilities included:
• Documented the business requirement – more... gathering and documentation for the marketing campaign and sales project
• Developed all the test cases for system and integration testing of the new combined solution
• Every iteration our team would be adding new functionality to system on top of the previously 'released' the last iteration (Every 2-4 weeks)

learned IT UP and Prism integrated software – less
Growing company in a very competitive market
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee), MidwestSeptember 12, 2014
LOVED helping the company grow to become a "big 6" for Verizon. Full P&L repsonibility for up to 15 locations in various locations.
Wireless Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Brookings, SDSeptember 12, 2014
Working for Zwireless is an enjoyable experience. The company tries its hardest to satisfy the needs of all its employees.

A typical day for me is troubleshooting issues with wireless devices. My main duties at the store is wireless sales. I am responsible for connecting with the customers to ensure they make the right decision with their wireless – more... solutions. – less
Productive work environment, In-house cafeteria
Project Manager (Former Employee), Ashburn, VirginiaSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: incentive bonuses each year
Cons: some lates nights to resolve issues
• Coordinate with sales team, onsite construction developers, property managers, review engineering designs and construction designs. Find solutions for troubles encountered, track timeline of fiber optic construction and installation. Coordinate with onsite technicians.
• Learn Project and Portfolio management and MS Project.
• Worked with team members – more... to complete projects on time and address concerns of customers.
• Working as technical advisor to Sales team to close deals
• Completing a Project successfully – less
very good place
SENIOR SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), morristown, tnSeptember 12, 2014
work life balance was very much lacking but the compensation and benefits are great
#1 Wireless Carrier
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee), Evansville, INSeptember 12, 2014
Lofty expectations will force your sales skills to evolve.
Casual and easy going work environment.
Technical Support (Former Employee), Augusta, GASeptember 12, 2014
I somewhat enjoyed working with Verizon. It was a casual environment where customer interests were taken very seriously. However, limited ability to move forward in the company. Good pay and benefits.
I could not have worked for a better company
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 11, 2014
Throughout the break up of the bell system; New England Telephone then NYNEX provided its employees training at their training facility. Courses covering technical services, sales and marketing and management courses.

With divestature looming the training I was provided helped me perform to the best of my ability.
Very productive work place
Clerk, Repair and Facility Provision Specialist (Former Employee), Sepluveda Blv, Mission Hills CA. 91342September 11, 2014
Pros: people a work are like family
Cons: laid off
I've work in different area, did a few clerk work cashier, dispatch and Network Facility. Everyone at Verizon was very helpful and we were like family, the hard part is leaving the company. I still do keep in touch with my few old co-workers.
Very good Job
Store Manager (Former Employee), Baldwin Park CASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: growth
Cons: no structure, little leadership
Perfect to have a career started in the retail side of the work force.
Slow business day place great co-workers
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LASeptember 10, 2014
A typical day at work is very slow being that some months are a lot slower than others, you never know how much your comission will be. I've learned to better work with customers and how to be more comfortable with them as well. Management is not the BEST but I learn what i need to. My co-workers have made this job a joy. The hardest part of my job – more... is not knowing if the clientel will increase. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with people all day so there is never a dull moment. – less
high stress place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Folsom, CASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: good benefits package
It is a large company that doesn't listen to the employees. Managers think they know everything and they always have a power trip.
Reliable job, decent pay, lack of culture
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: salary, compensation, stability
Cons: lack of culture, 24/7 work attitude
Job culture was a soul-sucking, cubicle farm, nightmare. Management is out of touch and old-school. You're expected to work 24/7 and are only recognized when you go exceed insane expectations and goals. Benefits and compensation were decent (Sales).
challenging and rewarding
facility surveyor (Former Employee), Redlands, CASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: working with a great team of co-workers
Cons: some days not having enough time
sign on to our computer system to review customer orders and looked at ever possible way I could expedite there service and would need to call the customer if there was going to be a delay in there service due date. Received calls from the outside work force in the field etc. would meet with the engineers to discuss work orders conduit and fiber issues. – more... I learned customer service was rewarding and informative working with different complaints from each and every customers . The hardest part of my job was if a work order that was going to take longer then expected due to city permits or material that need to be ordered and having to advise the customer. of the delay. I really enjoyed my job as a cashier meeting and talking to the public. I enjoyed my co-workers and being part of a great team. Each and every day was a little different from the next. I miss working. – less
Customer First Sales
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Findlay, OHSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: direct sales training
Cons: no set schedule
Graduated from Verizon Wireless “Customers First Selling Skills, Selling with Integrity, and Customer Service Solutions.”
• Provided full service consultative selling and integrity solutions for new and existing customers.
• Responded to all customer inquiries thoroughly and professionally.
• High Roller Top Customer Service Representative for outstanding – more... performance in all KPI’s. Activations 170%, Data 305%, Renewal Contracts 203%, Access/Email 267%, and Accessory Units 217% – less
YOU ARE REPLACEABLE!!!!
sales representative (Former Employee), Queensbury, NYSeptember 10, 2014
i worked for Verizon for three years and was one of the top ten sales reps in all of upstate new york for most of my three years working there. Through training the first thing they said to me was "you are replaceable". I got a bad taste in my mouth right from the start.

Your promised promotions that don't happen or its a waiting game. B2b sales is – more... where i wanted to go. Won the president of excellence award and still no promotion or even a call from the business department.

Verizon commission structure changed dramatically almost 7 times since i worked there in three years. Commission kept making it harder and harder for you to make a decent paycheck. I was 180 to 250 percent to quota every month and it was still hard to make decent commission check.

Would not recommend this job to anyone!!!! – less
I really enjoyed the people I worked with and the job I was doing.
Admin Clerk (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great benefits, weekends off, overtime
Cons: commute
I would answer phones and help vendors and field supervisors. Opened and delivered invoices to co-workers. Keyed invoices and scanned them into CRESS software. I Corrected errors and verified information on invoices. My supervisor was helpful and willing to listen to problems. My co-workers were great to work with and even though I haven't worked at – more... Verizon in a few years I am still friends with several of them. The hardest part of the job was the commute and the best was going to work and challenging myself to do better and increase my productivity each day. – less
Great benefits
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARSeptember 9, 2014
Overall they have great benefits and the pay is very good. It's just the call center environment is very stressful.
Excellent welcoming enviornment
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), El Paso, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Verizon Wireless is a company where you can envision a future where you can begin a career.

About Verizon

At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, – Read more