Verizon

Verizon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Verizona Wireless
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Chandler, AZSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: gym, benefits, cafe, extensive and enjoyable to learn trainings.
Cons: working on christmas day and chistmans eve, and all other holidays as the call centers are open 24/7 365
typical work day extreamlly busy from the first min to the last

I learned a lot about time restrictions and micro managing

management was very helpful

co works were also friendly but rarely spoke to them due to being on head sets and phone calls for 8 + hours

Hardest part of the job was meeting the demanding high numbers they wanted us complete – more... with each call and the call time limit as some calls could be 2 minutes while others could take up to 2 hours.

enjoyable part, the great benefits they offered from day one of employment....50% savings on cell phone bills, the call center was equipt with a full size gym, sauna, showers, and personal trainers free to employees, there was also a café with private chefs who would cook up just about anything you could ask for

I do miss this job. – less
Verizon Wireless
Technical Support Coordinator (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: awesome benefits, awesome co-workers, awesome culture.
Cons: stressful job, work/life balance is hard, stressful at times, however wonderful career starter.
Awesome benefits, Awesome Co-workers, Awesome Culture. Stressful job, work/life balance is hard, stressful at times, however wonderful career starter.
Professional
Cellular Sales- Authorized Agent (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCSeptember 13, 2014
I met some great people working with Cellular Sales. The hardest part of my job at the time was managing being a single mother of a two year old. I learned a valuable lesson about time management and the importance of managing family and work. I enjoy working with the public and getting a great review from my customers.
MCI (Verizon) was the best work experience I had ever had!
Systems Analyst -Global Operations Support Team (Former Employee), Niles, Ohio and remotelySeptember 13, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, great managers, great benefits, great salary
Cons: sometimes the shifts, hours worked.
All of management and my co-workers were great! Professional, kind. It was the best people and the best place that I have ever worked.
Great benefits, not so great corporate culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: job security
Verizon has great benefits, and provides good salary over time. It appears that management advancement is not based upon accomplishments or technical ability, but more on who has best idea to save money, off shore jobs, and ways cut benefits.
look the other way!!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: free gifts once in a while
Cons: bad work schedule, answer phones all day
Bad culture, management and will literally cause health issues!!!!
very unprofessional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GASeptember 12, 2014
Cons: alot
no oppurtunity to move up in the company.....none none none none none none
great benefits
Customer Care (Former Employee), Irvine CaSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: learning technology
Cons: sitting down for eight hours
working for Verizon had great health benfits, retirement , along with employee phone program
Got latest state of the art tablet and Mobile smart phone (for use)
Business System Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago,ilSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: remote work available
Verizon aimed at developing Guided Selling Gadget, in order to enable Verizon Small and Medium Business Portal to enhance offer optimization through the utilization of business rules and product recommendation capabilities of the Guided Selling Gadget for sales and campaign improvements.
My responsibilities included:
• Documented the business requirement – more... gathering and documentation for the marketing campaign and sales project
• Developed all the test cases for system and integration testing of the new combined solution
• Every iteration our team would be adding new functionality to system on top of the previously 'released' the last iteration (Every 2-4 weeks)

learned IT UP and Prism integrated software – less
Growing company in a very competitive market
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee), MidwestSeptember 12, 2014
LOVED helping the company grow to become a "big 6" for Verizon. Full P&L repsonibility for up to 15 locations in various locations.
Wireless Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Brookings, SDSeptember 12, 2014
Working for Zwireless is an enjoyable experience. The company tries its hardest to satisfy the needs of all its employees.

A typical day for me is troubleshooting issues with wireless devices. My main duties at the store is wireless sales. I am responsible for connecting with the customers to ensure they make the right decision with their wireless – more... solutions. – less
Productive work environment, In-house cafeteria
Project Manager (Former Employee), Ashburn, VirginiaSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: incentive bonuses each year
Cons: some lates nights to resolve issues
• Coordinate with sales team, onsite construction developers, property managers, review engineering designs and construction designs. Find solutions for troubles encountered, track timeline of fiber optic construction and installation. Coordinate with onsite technicians.
• Learn Project and Portfolio management and MS Project.
• Worked with team members – more... to complete projects on time and address concerns of customers.
• Working as technical advisor to Sales team to close deals
• Completing a Project successfully – less
very good place
SENIOR SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), morristown, tnSeptember 12, 2014
work life balance was very much lacking but the compensation and benefits are great
#1 Wireless Carrier
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee), Evansville, INSeptember 12, 2014
Lofty expectations will force your sales skills to evolve.
Casual and easy going work environment.
Technical Support (Former Employee), Augusta, GASeptember 12, 2014
I somewhat enjoyed working with Verizon. It was a casual environment where customer interests were taken very seriously. However, limited ability to move forward in the company. Good pay and benefits.
I could not have worked for a better company
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 11, 2014
Throughout the break up of the bell system; New England Telephone then NYNEX provided its employees training at their training facility. Courses covering technical services, sales and marketing and management courses.

With divestature looming the training I was provided helped me perform to the best of my ability.
Very productive work place
Clerk, Repair and Facility Provision Specialist (Former Employee), Sepluveda Blv, Mission Hills CA. 91342September 11, 2014
Pros: people a work are like family
Cons: laid off
I've work in different area, did a few clerk work cashier, dispatch and Network Facility. Everyone at Verizon was very helpful and we were like family, the hard part is leaving the company. I still do keep in touch with my few old co-workers.
Very good Job
Store Manager (Former Employee), Baldwin Park CASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: growth
Cons: no structure, little leadership
Perfect to have a career started in the retail side of the work force.
Slow business day place great co-workers
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LASeptember 10, 2014
A typical day at work is very slow being that some months are a lot slower than others, you never know how much your comission will be. I've learned to better work with customers and how to be more comfortable with them as well. Management is not the BEST but I learn what i need to. My co-workers have made this job a joy. The hardest part of my job – more... is not knowing if the clientel will increase. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with people all day so there is never a dull moment. – less
high stress place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Folsom, CASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: good benefits package
It is a large company that doesn't listen to the employees. Managers think they know everything and they always have a power trip.

About Verizon

At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, – Read more