Verizon
5,023 reviews

Verizon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Job
Special Materials Expert/ Business Consultant (Former Employee), Laurel, MDJuly 24, 2014
Fun atmosphere
Team building events
Great training
Retail hours is a negative
Enoyable work field with technology
Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee), Crestview, FLJuly 24, 2014
Commission structure constantly changes - goals are not consistently administered.
Great place to make money fast
Wireless Consultant, Cellular Sales (Verizon) (Former Employee), Bryan, TXJuly 24, 2014
Ensured new business by using alternative resources to get new personal and business accounts.

Performed duties requiring efficiency in problem solving and the ability to multitask under high-stress situations.
Co-workers then now Family
Technical Analyst / Wireless Data Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 24, 2014
I invested 10 years with Verizon and wouldn't change anything about my experience but going back to school to get my degree while I was an employee.
For Profit Organization...
Sr. Analyst (Former Employee), GAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: discount on wireless bills
Cons: poor managers and supervisors, too many broken processes
Verizon Wireless is great place to start your career in the telecommunications industry. They have the leading technology in 4G and top of the line devices. Also, their service is undoubtedly the best in the business. However, supervisors and managers especially in the customer service side need restructuring. I am not sure how some of these guys still – more... have jobs. Many employee benefits have been stripped down over the years such as keeping unlimited data plans, reduced vacation time for new employees, and tighter control over attendance. No job security...cutthroat leadership and HR that will side with the company, not the employees. – less
Amazing people, great benefits, and commission.
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: benefits, commission, people
Management was amazing, so were all the people working there The commission was great as well as the benefits.
very fun
Telemarketer (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXJuly 23, 2014
It was fun to work with many different people. The schedules they had us on were very hard because they were split shift but the management would work with you.
Not a good atmosphere
Financial Specialist (Former Employee), Boardman, OHJuly 23, 2014
Pros: occasional free lunch
Cons: work life balance, pay
I did not like working for Verizon. They treat their employees like their customers. Like a number.
Great job for a people person who does not like to be cooped up in an office
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 23, 2014
Pros: no manager over your shoulder decent pay
Cons: sales pressure
Great job for a people person who does not like to be cooped up in an office
It's "okay"
Senior Device Specialist (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHJuly 23, 2014
Pros: vacation time, co-workers
Cons: customers, reps bug you on lunch, overworked
It's retail. However, you will be asked to stay longer than normal, you will be asked to work overtime, you will be asked to come back from lunch early. Customers food the Verizon stores. It isn't normal. It doesn't matter how many reps you have in the store at one time, you will get slammed. I have had people throw items at me, I have received a phone – more... that was once in a portojohn and I even watched a woman get tasseled in front of me because her actions (customer). Cellular retail is not for the faint of the heart, it will break you and you will be exhausted. It is a great buffer to a resume but I would not make it a career. – less
install and repair phone lines and work with customers
Splice Service Technician (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: none really loved my job
team work good training and working with customers problem solving and thinking about the best way to complete the job.
Good company, hourly pay should be more
Coordinator Retention Finance Specialist (Current Employee), Franklin, TNJuly 22, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: hourly rate
the bonus were great, with the money being collected, they could give more
Challenging job
Lead Database Architect and DBA (Former Employee), Ashburn, VAJuly 22, 2014
Verizon is a great place to work
Supporting Test/Dev and mission critical databases
Performance tuning and troubleshooting user and customer complains
open SR and follow up with oracle
fun exciting place to work with gym on premises
Account Executive (Former Employee), Warrendale, Pa.July 22, 2014
Pros: contest to win prizes
Cons: short breaks
high fast pace environment time zips by, management could be a little mmore supportive in terms on proper training. the hardest part of the job was requesting time off
Great company to work for.
Remote Voice & Data Technician (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILJuly 22, 2014
Worked as a Remote tester for voice and data network. used over 15- different data bases and software to preform my task of testing and installing DS0, DS1 voice and data networks.
Excellant work place for many years
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee), Bensalem PAJuly 22, 2014
I answered all incoming calls for 4 locations. The Phila, Baltimore, Chadds Ford, and Harrisburg offices. I worked with the customers on an everyday basis. I was at the front desk so I not only worked with customers on the phone but also in person as I greeted them on arrival. I also handled all mail both incoming and out going. This included FexEx. – more... I was responsible for all deliveries. This part of SuperMedia / Verizon sold yellow page advertising, I was also responsible for the book room. This meant unloading skids of phone books. I maintained all copy machines. I ordered supplies for the machines and repaired them as needed. I enjoyed my job for 25 years. The company downsized and positions were eliminated .

I enjoy working with people and solving problems. – less
Figured On Retiring From GTE/Verizon
Building Technician (Former Employee), Bloomington, IllinoisJuly 22, 2014
Pros: liked my job, was good at it.
Cons: management fired in-house team, went to contractors
Various responses to emergency HVAC failures, electrical & plumbing issues, routine maintenance. Teamwork was encouraged but seldom occurred.
Excellent Career, dynamic environment
Project Manager (Former Employee), New YorkJuly 21, 2014
Pros: college education, excellent benefits
Cons: 24/7 environment, on call, strike assignments
A typical day at Verizon, varied throughout my career. In 1986, we were called NYNEX, and I was introduced to my first professional experience. My position required me to interact directly with business customers as well as a heavily adminsitrative workload. My managers were essentil mentors and helped in the development of my skills.

I moved laterally – more... throughout the corporation, learning new skills and holding different titles. Executive Assistant, Manager, Project Manager, Subject Matter Expert, Specialist. With each and every new postiion, there was growth.

As I progressed into management, and the unfortunate pifalls of our economy, the hardest part of my job, was absorbing responsibilities of other managers when the corporation was forced to downsize. However, this was also a somewhat enjoyable aspect as well. Managers, such as myself, and my superiors, worked very cohesively and succeeded in meeting our goals for each quarter.

Overall, the "phone company" was an exceptional experience, one I am truly grateful for. I was able to otain my BA in business administration/management, learned many technical skills, and interacted with an amazing number of talented people. – less
New and exciting
Indirect Account Manager (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJuly 21, 2014
The hardest part of the job is getting business owners to think the way I think and to change their business strategy to be more profitable.
Temporary Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXJuly 21, 2014
I loved working for this company, it prepared me to work on my own and learn how to handle the problems that came up on my own.

About Verizon

At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, – Read more