Verizon

Verizon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun and productive
Receptionist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2013
Pros: shared work
Cons: some dont put equal effort
Team work, I enjoy working in a team cause I share and gain skills
Amazing
Employee (Current Employee), New JerseyAugust 27, 2013
The only word I can use - Amazing! Supportive and always concerned about the employee.
Liked verizon despised teleperformance
Senior Technical Consultant (Former Employee), Thunder bay, onMay 9, 2013
Pros: working with others
Cons: management hours, lousy pay
Very depressing place to work, management completely out of touch and do not care.
great place and safe space for everyone
Receptionist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: had big place for dinning and rest area
Verizon wireless, was great place to work in with friendly staff members. It was very busy with more than 10 telephone lines and over 100 employees. I learnt to multi-task and be accurate at the same time. The hardest part of the job as receptionist was to memorize names for over 100 people. I enjoyed the multicultural and non- judgemental environment.
Verizon Wireless
Technical Support Coordinator (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: awesome benefits, awesome co-workers, awesome culture.
Cons: stressful job, work/life balance is hard, stressful at times, however wonderful career starter.
Awesome benefits, Awesome Co-workers, Awesome Culture. Stressful job, work/life balance is hard, stressful at times, however wonderful career starter.
Professional
Cellular Sales- Authorized Agent (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCSeptember 13, 2014
I met some great people working with Cellular Sales. The hardest part of my job at the time was managing being a single mother of a two year old. I learned a valuable lesson about time management and the importance of managing family and work. I enjoy working with the public and getting a great review from my customers.
MCI (Verizon) was the best work experience I had ever had!
Systems Analyst -Global Operations Support Team (Former Employee), Niles, Ohio and remotelySeptember 13, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, great managers, great benefits, great salary
Cons: sometimes the shifts, hours worked.
All of management and my co-workers were great! Professional, kind. It was the best people and the best place that I have ever worked.
Great benefits, not so great corporate culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: job security
Verizon has great benefits, and provides good salary over time. It appears that management advancement is not based upon accomplishments or technical ability, but more on who has best idea to save money, off shore jobs, and ways cut benefits.
look the other way!!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: free gifts once in a while
Cons: bad work schedule, answer phones all day
Bad culture, management and will literally cause health issues!!!!
great benefits
Customer Care (Former Employee), Irvine CaSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: learning technology
Cons: sitting down for eight hours
working for Verizon had great health benfits, retirement , along with employee phone program
Growing company in a very competitive market
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee), MidwestSeptember 12, 2014
LOVED helping the company grow to become a "big 6" for Verizon. Full P&L repsonibility for up to 15 locations in various locations.
Wireless Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Brookings, SDSeptember 12, 2014
Working for Zwireless is an enjoyable experience. The company tries its hardest to satisfy the needs of all its employees.

A typical day for me is troubleshooting issues with wireless devices. My main duties at the store is wireless sales. I am responsible for connecting with the customers to ensure they make the right decision with their wireless – more... solutions. – less
Productive work environment, In-house cafeteria
Project Manager (Former Employee), Ashburn, VirginiaSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: incentive bonuses each year
Cons: some lates nights to resolve issues
• Coordinate with sales team, onsite construction developers, property managers, review engineering designs and construction designs. Find solutions for troubles encountered, track timeline of fiber optic construction and installation. Coordinate with onsite technicians.
• Learn Project and Portfolio management and MS Project.
• Worked with team members – more... to complete projects on time and address concerns of customers.
• Working as technical advisor to Sales team to close deals
• Completing a Project successfully – less
very good place
SENIOR SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), morristown, tnSeptember 12, 2014
work life balance was very much lacking but the compensation and benefits are great
#1 Wireless Carrier
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee), Evansville, INSeptember 12, 2014
Lofty expectations will force your sales skills to evolve.
Casual and easy going work environment.
Technical Support (Former Employee), Augusta, GASeptember 12, 2014
I somewhat enjoyed working with Verizon. It was a casual environment where customer interests were taken very seriously. However, limited ability to move forward in the company. Good pay and benefits.
I could not have worked for a better company
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 11, 2014
Throughout the break up of the bell system; New England Telephone then NYNEX provided its employees training at their training facility. Courses covering technical services, sales and marketing and management courses.

With divestature looming the training I was provided helped me perform to the best of my ability.
Very productive work place
Clerk, Repair and Facility Provision Specialist (Former Employee), Sepluveda Blv, Mission Hills CA. 91342September 11, 2014
Pros: people a work are like family
Cons: laid off
I've work in different area, did a few clerk work cashier, dispatch and Network Facility. Everyone at Verizon was very helpful and we were like family, the hard part is leaving the company. I still do keep in touch with my few old co-workers.
Very good Job
Store Manager (Former Employee), Baldwin Park CASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: growth
Cons: no structure, little leadership
Perfect to have a career started in the retail side of the work force.
Slow business day place great co-workers
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LASeptember 10, 2014
A typical day at work is very slow being that some months are a lot slower than others, you never know how much your comission will be. I've learned to better work with customers and how to be more comfortable with them as well. Management is not the BEST but I learn what i need to. My co-workers have made this job a joy. The hardest part of my job – more... is not knowing if the clientel will increase. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with people all day so there is never a dull moment. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Verizon

At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, – Read more