Verizon Employee Reviews

Great Exposure to learn new technologies
Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, ANDHRA PRADESH, IN12 May 2017
I got an opportunity to learn and work on different technologies like Oracle PL/SQL, AngularJS along with Java / J2EE technologies. Encouraged to participate events likes VES Worldwide hack-a-thon evens.
summary
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Troy, MI13 March 2017
I already wrote a summary for verizon yet indeed is making me write another summary for verizon. This infact is becoming very annoying and tiresome, plus very irritating.
Pros
Good Job
Cons
Large work load
Fun work place
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Tijuana b.c.7 December 2016
Verizon fios technical support is a great place to work, I love helping out our customers making them feel good and welling too help them in any situation they have.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
I learned a lot about customer service, tech tier and customer satisfaction from this coorperation.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Utica, NY16 November 2016
Every day your Temper is tested when working with customers. Some are really really nice. And some are not as nice as others. But you have to remember to treat everyone with exceptional customer service no matter the situation.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Creative, intelligent and fun work place
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2016
At Verizon Telematics I have worked with very skilled and experienced professional teams of engineers, support staff, sales team, marketing team and management. Independence and team work are both fostered to maximize professional achievement and growth.
Pros
free lunchs and good team building activities
Overall very good.
Senior QA Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2016
Overall very good colleagues and very good management. Getting opportunity to work with colleagues who are expertise with different technologies and different cultures and different regions.
Directionless
Global Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 December 2015
As a sales executive there was no concrete and defined sales strategy for the global sales department to execute on. The strategy rather was left up to each individual sales executive in their territory.

Verizon hired very talented and intelligent people but failed to utilize them properly.

Products and services were often not what the market was looking for.
Pros
No micro-management
Cons
No sales strategy
Loving Environment
Database Developer (Former Employee) –  Dallas19 October 2015
Very friendly atmosphere and hardworking team
Excellent team work for every project and supporting environment.
The best part of the job is to learn from my colleagues.
Work Culture is not Good
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, AP27 September 2015
Management talks on Sig Sigma but teams are not practising Sig Sigma. Though 24/7 is not required but implementing by Management, it is effecting health. Overall company is good but it need some change in Delivery Management
Pros
Team Build
Cons
Night Work
Amazing percs
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CA12 May 2015
Great Job, you build the outcome of every day which is great you also get to use and sharpen sales tactics. Company backs you up great as well with different incentives.
Productive and fun place to work
Office Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2015
My co-workers and manager are so friendly,i loved my job and it was a pleasure going in to work.I have learnt to do account payable and also purchasing,that wasn't apart of my job routine but i volunteered
Information Security Specialist
Technical Mgr- Cyber Security (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, AP21 January 2015
What areas of the business have you been exposed to while working in audit?

I am in to IT Audits since last 10+ years. I got an opportunity to utilize my IT Audit SKILLS in different type of environments like Banking, Finance, Administrative and IT. Initially I used to assist Reserve Bank of India Auditors when I was with Andhra Bank. There I realized about my abilities and analytical strengths in Probing issues.

2. A typical day at work.

Most of the times people will be having different opinions and it is really challenging to co-ordinate all of them to achieve common goals. However, my strengths (adaptability, positive attitude, flexibility, understanding people) help me to overcome such challenging situations.

Successfully managed one such critical situation when I was in Infosys, Bangalore as Verizon’s Cyber Security Advisor. There was a mismatch in between our goals and Vendor goals, which created challenges.

I played crucial role in resolving the issue and building good relationship with Infosys representative. In fact, I have identified few security gaps in Infosys operations and requested him to mitigate the same. However, he is not ready to mitigate the gaps as he is not considering them as security risk. I was able to explain and convince him about the risk and how it’s going to affect the business.

Finally we build good working relationship and now he feels free to reach me for any support.

3. Build customer relationships.

In my present role I need to interact with customers/users on regular basis and need to maintain good relationship
  more... with them to ease my job.

Whenever I go for Audit, create good healthy and friendly atmosphere while chit chatting with customers during my first talk. I will also explain them how the security team will help them in ensuring compliance and safeguard their activities from information risk.

When we respect their role and make them understand the objective of the audit, they feel free to share and explain all their activities, practices etc., which helps me to identify the gaps easily.

Most of the times, customers will reach me directly prior to implement any new process to take my advise on Security point of view. That's how I build good relations.
fun place to work
Lead Client Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONT and Amsterdam/ Netherlands25 November 2014
Good work life balance and lot's of training available with chances to grow
technician in telecommunication. help desk
TELECOMUNICATION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  santo domigno , dom rep.15 November 2014
receive all call for solutions o problems. fix any problems with the connection of the router and cable.
Cons
8 hours
Sales Associate
Entry Level Sales Associate for Verizon (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2014
This was an amazing experience. In buffalo new York there was a job fair that attended right out of high school. I applied and was hired, the catch, It was across the border in Canada. I took the opportunity to experience a different country. I sold cell phone plans in store and did extremely well, but unfortunately my work visa got hung up and I returned back to Buffalo. This job made me discover my selling techniques and friendships.
Pros
abroad, pay, co-workers.
Telecom Giant
Software Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, AP27 August 2014
Verizon is one of the big players in the Telecom Domain. Working here i got to learn a lot about the latest technologies in Telecom. A very economically stable company to work for. Job security is high.
great environment to work in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, WI27 November 2013
A typical day at Verizon I would answer telephone calls from Customers and advice them of the progress of their rebates.
I learned to be patient in dealing with customers who were perturbed because their checks were not mailed to them. I also learned about rebates.
my co workers were friendly and easy to work with.
the hardest part of the job was trying to get the irate customers to calm down.
The most enjoyable part job was answering the phones not knowing who was on the other end of the line.
Pros
we got all the U.S Holidays off
Cons
not much health benefits
fun and productive
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 November 2013
Team work, I enjoy working in a team cause I share and gain skills
Pros
Shared work
Cons
some dont put equal effort
Amazing
Employee (Current Employee) –  New Jersey27 August 2013
The only word I can use - Amazing! Supportive and always concerned about the employee.
A great place to work
Analyst- System Development (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, AP16 April 2013
Verizon data services is a great place to work. It has an environment where in the employees have fun when working.
Pros
good breakouts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2