Verizon

Verizon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Innovation Par Excellence
Consultant (Current Employee), IndiaJune 9, 2014
Pros: work & family life balance is amazing
Cons: can pay better
Verizon is a dynamic Organization which strives to innovate in every facet of business operations to develop revenue generating streams while keeping the end customer and vendor partners happy. innovation in Technology is the core of the company. Awesome Organization.
fun and productive
Receptionist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2013
Pros: shared work
Cons: some dont put equal effort
Team work, I enjoy working in a team cause I share and gain skills
Fast paced, challenging work. Never boring
Quality Project Manager (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CONovember 4, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: long hours
I had an amazing team to work with at Verizon. The projects were always challenging and I was never bored at work. This environment kept me motivated and I was constantly learning.
Good workikng environment
Affiliate-Engineer (Current Employee), Muntinlupa, PhilippinesSeptember 12, 2013
Verizon is a good working environment where I learned how to deal people with different culture and personalities. Aside from the technical and management training provided by company, health benefits is also a plus.
Coworkers were nice
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 27, 2013
Great Benefits, great pay, the goal is to sell with integrity but that's not exactly what happens. 5 out of 7 Sales reps i worked with were liars and did not sell with integrity, some didn't even know the product well enough to sell it. they relied on fake stories and looks to sell to poor people who did not have a use for these products. Hated that – more... i would try to sell with honesty but was pushed to sell with lies. – less
Amazing
Employee (Current Employee), New JerseyAugust 27, 2013
The only word I can use - Amazing! Supportive and always concerned about the employee.
great place and safe space for everyone
Receptionist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: had big place for dinning and rest area
Verizon wireless, was great place to work in with friendly staff members. It was very busy with more than 10 telephone lines and over 100 employees. I learnt to multi-task and be accurate at the same time. The hardest part of the job as receptionist was to memorize names for over 100 people. I enjoyed the multicultural and non- judgemental environment.
Challenging job
Lead Database Architect and DBA (Former Employee), Ashburn, VAJuly 22, 2014
Verizon is a great place to work
Supporting Test/Dev and mission critical databases
Performance tuning and troubleshooting user and customer complains
open SR and follow up with oracle
fun exciting place to work with gym on premises
Account Executive (Former Employee), Warrendale, Pa.July 22, 2014
Pros: contest to win prizes
Cons: short breaks
high fast pace environment time zips by, management could be a little mmore supportive in terms on proper training. the hardest part of the job was requesting time off
Great company to work for.
Remote Voice & Data Technician (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILJuly 22, 2014
Worked as a Remote tester for voice and data network. used over 15- different data bases and software to preform my task of testing and installing DS0, DS1 voice and data networks.
Excellant work place for many years
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee), Bensalem PAJuly 22, 2014
I answered all incoming calls for 4 locations. The Phila, Baltimore, Chadds Ford, and Harrisburg offices. I worked with the customers on an everyday basis. I was at the front desk so I not only worked with customers on the phone but also in person as I greeted them on arrival. I also handled all mail both incoming and out going. This included FexEx. – more... I was responsible for all deliveries. This part of SuperMedia / Verizon sold yellow page advertising, I was also responsible for the book room. This meant unloading skids of phone books. I maintained all copy machines. I ordered supplies for the machines and repaired them as needed. I enjoyed my job for 25 years. The company downsized and positions were eliminated .

I enjoy working with people and solving problems. – less
Figured On Retiring From GTE/Verizon
Building Technician (Former Employee), Bloomington, IllinoisJuly 22, 2014
Pros: liked my job, was good at it.
Cons: management fired in-house team, went to contractors
Various responses to emergency HVAC failures, electrical & plumbing issues, routine maintenance. Teamwork was encouraged but seldom occurred.
Excellent Career, dynamic environment
Project Manager (Former Employee), New YorkJuly 21, 2014
Pros: college education, excellent benefits
Cons: 24/7 environment, on call, strike assignments
A typical day at Verizon, varied throughout my career. In 1986, we were called NYNEX, and I was introduced to my first professional experience. My position required me to interact directly with business customers as well as a heavily adminsitrative workload. My managers were essentil mentors and helped in the development of my skills.

I moved laterally – more... throughout the corporation, learning new skills and holding different titles. Executive Assistant, Manager, Project Manager, Subject Matter Expert, Specialist. With each and every new postiion, there was growth.

As I progressed into management, and the unfortunate pifalls of our economy, the hardest part of my job, was absorbing responsibilities of other managers when the corporation was forced to downsize. However, this was also a somewhat enjoyable aspect as well. Managers, such as myself, and my superiors, worked very cohesively and succeeded in meeting our goals for each quarter.

Overall, the "phone company" was an exceptional experience, one I am truly grateful for. I was able to otain my BA in business administration/management, learned many technical skills, and interacted with an amazing number of talented people. – less
New and exciting
Indirect Account Manager (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJuly 21, 2014
The hardest part of the job is getting business owners to think the way I think and to change their business strategy to be more profitable.
Temporary Wireless Consultant (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXJuly 21, 2014
I loved working for this company, it prepared me to work on my own and learn how to handle the problems that came up on my own.
fun place to work
Quality Assurance Analyst/Tier (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: everyday was an adventure and benefits started day 1
Cons: high turnover
Had fun everyday. Coming up with contests to motivate employees as well as new ways to train employees.
Good Experience with Business Users
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 21, 2014
• Analyze current system and process gaps in context of new business and functional requirements.
• Analyze business and functional requirements provided from the business and partner with technology resources to translate into technical requirements (RDD).
• Participate in design reviews and identify potential mitigation strategies for technical risks.
 – more... Develop expert knowledge on business processes, rules, and regulations. – less
friendly environment and good management
WebSphere Administrator (Former Employee), Warren, NJJuly 21, 2014
I still think its the best team I ever worked with ,
very active and sensible
fast pace call center environment
Data Consultant (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: ability to implement ideas
Cons: support of upper management
As the Data consultant. I was responsible for creating and developing data support team, for department of 550 employees. I created, developed, and designed the data center. Which housed products for hands on training, as well as developed training curriculum for products and procedures.
great place to work
core advisor (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJuly 21, 2014
awesome job, awesome individuals that work. I really enjoyed my job, and I learn so much while I was there

1 2 3 4 5

About Verizon

At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, – Read more