Verizon
5,391 reviews

Verizon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sales Associate
Entry Level Sales Associate for Verizon (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: abroad, pay, co-workers.
This was an amazing experience. In buffalo new York there was a job fair that attended right out of high school. I applied and was hired, the catch, It was across the border in Canada. I took the opportunity to experience a different country. I sold cell phone plans in store and did extremely well, but unfortunately my work visa got hung up and I returned – more... back to Buffalo. This job made me discover my selling techniques and friendships. – less
fun and productive
Receptionist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2013
Pros: shared work
Cons: some dont put equal effort
Team work, I enjoy working in a team cause I share and gain skills
Amazing
Employee (Current Employee), New JerseyAugust 27, 2013
The only word I can use - Amazing! Supportive and always concerned about the employee.
Liked verizon despised teleperformance
Senior Technical Consultant (Former Employee), Thunder bay, onMay 9, 2013
Pros: working with others
Cons: management hours, lousy pay
Very depressing place to work, management completely out of touch and do not care.
great place and safe space for everyone
Receptionist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: had big place for dinning and rest area
Verizon wireless, was great place to work in with friendly staff members. It was very busy with more than 10 telephone lines and over 100 employees. I learnt to multi-task and be accurate at the same time. The hardest part of the job as receptionist was to memorize names for over 100 people. I enjoyed the multicultural and non- judgemental environment.
Good place to work in
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: great benefits as well as leaders
Cons: work/balance is tough
great motivation at work as well as great co-workers. I leaned how to be a better person with customers and had a better opportunity to show my self driven skills as well as to work as a team.
good
Enterprise Sales Executive (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 29, 2014
great sales training, pay and benefits package. Leadership is a bit challenged.
Verizon Wireless
Senior Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Charleston, SCSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: money, benefits
Cons: schedules, lack of help
A Typical day at work was always fast paced the day always went by. Adhering to my schedule wasn't easy because of lack of help with the job I was taking about 200 to 350 calls per day when it should be like 100 to 200.

Verizon taught me how to work alone and handle and make the best decisions from the training we were given. They also taught me how – more... to value someone and also make them feel valued when speaking to them.

Management was always lacking on there part, floor support was the hardest to get at all the times. Working for the company we had to make fast decisions because management wasn't always available. We switch supervisors every 6 months, so some supervisors were awesome and some were challenging.

My coworkers were more like family because we had to be there to help one another in challenging times. When needed we always worked together and was there to help or answer any questions when needed.

The hardest part of the job was not having any support from management. Every supervisor was doing things there way and all ways were different. Some supervisors were helpful and most were not.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was knowing I was helping customers in the end. We got daily surveys on what customer thought about the person who they talked to and all my surveys were always sweet and very sincere. Customers remembered my name and said such nice things about me. I may not be with the company but I feel I did my very best in making sure every customer was happy. – less
VZW
Customer Service (Former Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 29, 2014
Great people, management styles sometimes difficult. Great benefits
Good
Sr. WebSphere Administrator (Former Employee), Township of Warren, NJSeptember 29, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
A very good place to work for job security
Technical Support (Current Employee), Hilliard, OhSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: company takes good care of it's employees
Cons: call center work isn't for everyone
I enjoy working at Verizon, I feel taken care of as an employee and well trained for my duties. A typical day includes taking inbound calls to assist customers with general account questions and basic troubleshooting of wireless devices and networks. I feel like Verizon is a good place to get your foot in the door to grow a career.
Nice place to work, Good compensation, attractive benefits
Sr Software Engineer (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDSeptember 29, 2014
I enjoyed working in Verizon. Got to learn a lot from software development to project management. Work culture is open and free. Management is reasonably fair with the employees.
Great place work
International A/P Supervisor (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKSeptember 28, 2014
Good management. Excellent Medical benefits. Overall great place to work.
Great job with many opportunity to grow
admin assistant (Former Employee), Providence, RISeptember 28, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: policy change every week
I enjoyed working at Verizon it gave me many chance to advance Great place to work for
Excellent work place with friendly staff
Customer Service, Sales, Consulting (Current Employee), Chandler, AZSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: there is no cap on how much you can make
Cons: lack of training
The job is simple enough to perform. Greeting customers, selling products, and creating business relationships. I enjoy my job, however there is very little room to grow or expand within the company.
Excellent Workplace
Implementation Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 27, 2014
Great co-workers and friends. Great Management and a Great Company
relocation & corporation moves resulted in change of job
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Pittsburgh PASeptember 27, 2014
interaction with inter company departments, review & correct outside customer accounts, using systems & contact with customer if necessary to clarify information
Great Place to work
Financial Service Rep. Call Center-Inbound (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 26, 2014
Through heavy inbound/outbound phone contact I am responsible
for customer-related collections during all stages of delinquent
Amazing Company
Device Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Basking Ridge, NJSeptember 26, 2014
This was probably my most beneficial internship experience to date. Verizon Wireless really knows how to run an internship program. I would recommend working their to everyone I know.
It was a pleasure working for Verizon although it could be stressfull.
Senior Engineer (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: worked from home, providing support to emea and asia pac.
Cons: worked weekends to bring up the system on new kit release.
Was involved with maintaining the Servers and responding to any issues with the applications and the systems they interfaced with. Worked on Microsoft SQL Server maintaining the databases in replication with in the center and across data centers for backup and disaster recovery. Took online classes learning Linux/Unix and Oracle SQL Server. Used Oracle – more... Developer studio to create queries and check issues with the databases. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Verizon

At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, – Read more