Verizon
6,074 reviews

Verizon Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun place to work
Lead Client Service Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONT and Amsterdam/ NetherlandsNovember 25, 2014
Good work life balance and lot's of training available with chances to grow
technician in telecommunication. help desk
TELECOMUNICATION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), santo domigno , dom rep.November 15, 2014
Cons: 8 hours
receive all call for solutions o problems. fix any problems with the connection of the router and cable.
Sales Associate
Entry Level Sales Associate for Verizon (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: abroad, pay, co-workers.
This was an amazing experience. In buffalo new York there was a job fair that attended right out of high school. I applied and was hired, the catch, It was across the border in Canada. I took the opportunity to experience a different country. I sold cell phone plans in store and did extremely well, but unfortunately my work visa got hung up and I returned back to Buffalo. This job made me discover my selling techniques and friendships.
fun and productive
Receptionist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2013
Pros: shared work
Cons: some dont put equal effort
Team work, I enjoy working in a team cause I share and gain skills
Amazing
Employee (Current Employee), New JerseyAugust 27, 2013
The only word I can use - Amazing! Supportive and always concerned about the employee.
Liked verizon despised teleperformance
Senior Technical Consultant (Former Employee), Thunder bay, onMay 9, 2013
Pros: working with others
Cons: management hours, lousy pay
Very depressing place to work, management completely out of touch and do not care.
great place and safe space for everyone
Receptionist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: had big place for dinning and rest area
Verizon wireless, was great place to work in with friendly staff members. It was very busy with more than 10 telephone lines and over 100 employees. I learnt to multi-task and be accurate at the same time. The hardest part of the job as receptionist was to memorize names for over 100 people. I enjoyed the multicultural and non- judgemental environment.
Bait and Switch
Business Account Executive (Current Employee), West Allis, WIJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: escalating quota, changes every month no matter what the market
I was recruited to do a specific task, work a M2M project it turns out I'd be selling phones. Hiring manager totally misrepresented the position and job.
Great enviroment and co-workers. Looked forward to going to work everyday.
Customer Sales Associate/Call Center (Former Employee), Oxnard, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great incentives.
answered multi-phone lines. Helped customers start, move and disconnect home phone service Tooke care of customers complaints and billing inquiries. Sent technicians out for for repairs at residence and businesses.
customer service all day long
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 26, 2015
Duties included taking calls and assisting customers with transactions that were done via a computer. Ability to multitask with answering customer questions, typing information onto screen, and researching info as customer needed. During my time at the company I was also given the privilege of training some of the newly hired representatives, and was a member of a team used to make new ways to provide skills for our call centers representatives (called Breakthrough Team)
Focus
Sales Agent - Customer service agent (Former Employee), Roy, UTJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: fun work place.
Cons: low pay.
It was for Focus Services. Not for Verizon. Customer service agent for inbound calls for Century Link, Verizon, and Direct TV. Helped customers with new accounts, bill inquiries, reviewed claims adjustments in addition to product upgrades. Very fast paced environment with extremely in depth knowledge of products, services and programs for Verizon, Century Link and Direct TV.
Retail Customer Service and Sales Associate
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits package
Cons: must be able to work in a fast-paced and noisy environment and able to multi-task, handling sales and service issues simultaneously at times.
I would recommend this type of sales position to anyone already familiar with wireless communications devices, regardless of age. A typical day for the Retail Customer Service and Sales Associate would include prospecting and growing small to mid-market business accounts and building a "sales pipeline" through cold-calling, and working side-by-side in-store with prospective customers to determine wireless product and service needs that will best suit their needs. The most difficult part of this position was resolving escalated issues, such as billing, and equipment repair and replacement. This position would NOT be a good fit for the individual who is not comfortable with working with the public in a retail sales environment.
OVERALL A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Engineer (Former Employee), TEANECK, NJJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: healthcare
Cons: job security
WONDERFUL PLACE TO WORK WITH ENJOYABLE COWORKERS. OVERALL A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
My IT Exp with Verizon
SR. JAVA/J2EE CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Richardson, TXJanuary 26, 2015
It was very friendly environment to work with this company.
COMMERCIAL DATA SYSTEMS ENGINEER (Current Employee), Southlake, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Each day at Verizon is different. We monitor over 400 servers daily. We face both hardware and software issues and failures. Tracing problems could sometimes be difficult but yet rewarding. I really enjoy working at Verizon Wireless.
Great company
Senior Information Analyst- IT Finance (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: executives knew you by name and would speak to you in the halls, elevator and lunch room - no matter your level in the company
Cons: alltel was acquired by verizon
Although the pay and benefits were less than their competitors, overall a great company to work for.
Not exclusive to Verizon, But Audio Visual Innovations
Lead Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FlJanuary 25, 2015
Especially proficiant in signal flow of audio, visual, and communication networks over many forms of media.
Cheated of Hours
Sales Consultant, Night Manager (Former Employee), Ramsey, MNJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: owner had 25 years of b2b experience
Cons: owner had 0 years of retail experience
the general manager would edit my time clock punches taking hours away from my pay checks, i have screen shots of sales recipts and internal documents to prove said accusations
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee), Orange, CTJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: n/a
A somewhat always changing environment, I learned a lot about sales, technology, and assisting various types of customer needs in a retail setting. Co-workers of mine have been great and I've seen many advanced while seeing others let go. The sales side of the job is great and is the essential part of working here, every month is a new start and mission. My favorite part of working at Verizon has been the technical side of things, from flip phones to tablets. I have watched and continue to watch the technology change.
It was a job that I did like to do but it was only temporary.
Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: good compensation for the work done.
Cons: i was a temporary worker.
Start each day trouble shooting cables, opening manholes and using testing equipent to fix the trouble. I learning how to trouble shoot, critical thinking, how to trust other employees, and to self manage. The coworkers were easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was lifting the manhole covers and working in all kinds of weather. I enjoyed working in the field, actually fixing trouble and it was a good work environment.

1 2 3 4 5

About Verizon

At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, – Read more