Verizon
5,522 reviews

Verizon Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sales Associate
Entry Level Sales Associate for Verizon (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: abroad, pay, co-workers.
This was an amazing experience. In buffalo new York there was a job fair that attended right out of high school. I applied and was hired, the catch, It was across the border in Canada. I took the opportunity to experience a different country. I sold cell phone plans in store and did extremely well, but unfortunately my work visa got hung up and I returned – more... back to Buffalo. This job made me discover my selling techniques and friendships. – less
fun and productive
Receptionist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2013
Pros: shared work
Cons: some dont put equal effort
Team work, I enjoy working in a team cause I share and gain skills
Amazing
Employee (Current Employee), New JerseyAugust 27, 2013
The only word I can use - Amazing! Supportive and always concerned about the employee.
Liked verizon despised teleperformance
Senior Technical Consultant (Former Employee), Thunder bay, onMay 9, 2013
Pros: working with others
Cons: management hours, lousy pay
Very depressing place to work, management completely out of touch and do not care.
great place and safe space for everyone
Receptionist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: had big place for dinning and rest area
Verizon wireless, was great place to work in with friendly staff members. It was very busy with more than 10 telephone lines and over 100 employees. I learnt to multi-task and be accurate at the same time. The hardest part of the job as receptionist was to memorize names for over 100 people. I enjoyed the multicultural and non- judgemental environment.
Daily Routine
Retail Representative (Former Employee), Olean, NYOctober 22, 2014
Sales goals were some what the hardest part of the month. just trying to make sure you hit you numbers. other wise overall good job to have.
Happy and Upbeat environment to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Livingston, MTOctober 22, 2014
I love this job more than any others that I have had. It is a fun and competitive place to work. I help people with phones all day and help them with their needs. My co-workers are helpful and give me all the time I need. I love being able to help the customers and let them leave with their lives a little easier.
Good Place to work
Sales Executive (Former Employee), FolsomOctober 21, 2014
I enjoyed my employment with Verizon Wireless. We had a lot of fun and made a lot of money
I enjoyed working in the downtown area and being close to home.
Directory Assistance Operator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: get togethers with co-workers
Cons: health care, benefits, income
My day at work would began and end with taking calls from customers, I learned to be sympathetic to their needs and understanding of the problems they may of had finding numbers or information that was important to them. Management did their job of making sure I had the material and tools to do the job that was expected of me. I enjoyed working with – more... my co-workers, we spend a lot of time together so it was important that we got along. The hardest part of the job was some times not being able to understand the customer but with time and patience it could be done. I enjoyed being able to turn an irate customer around and have them satisfied when they left the line. – less
Fantastic Pay and Benefits
Technical Support Rep (Former Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 21, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: customers, schedule can change "based on needs of business" at the drop of a hat
Depending on your branch (sales, service, etc.) work can be all-consumng. However, the benefits and pay are absolutely top notch. Overall, great place.
Overall great job
Data Coordinator Technical Support (Former Employee), Cranberry Twp., PAOctober 21, 2014
Verizon Wireless was a great company for which to work. The job constantly changed due to the changes in technology and was very interesting. The work environment was fun. Everyone at work felt as if we were one big family. It was too bad the company decided to close our center.
Customer support over the phone
Accounts Rep/Technical Support (Former Employee), Charleston, WVOctober 21, 2014
Answered question from customers about their bills, sold new products to new and old customers. Performed tech support for email issues and phone issues. Solved problems with customers service.
Relaxed work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAOctober 21, 2014
I really had a chance to work closely with the customers and gained invaluable experience which has increased my sales generated. Verizon has an pretty solid management team which in turns helps the store over all improve performance. The hardest part about my job were slow days, when we barely seen any productivity.
Amazing Organization
Government Enterprise Advisor (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALOctober 21, 2014
Pros: professional development
Cons: dumb policies
Work consisted of meeting the needs of our customer while establishing partnerships to support customer demand. I was developed personally and professionally and management was supportive. I had a healthy work life balance and I enjoyed my co workers. The hardest part of my job was when policies hindered me assisting a customer. The most enjoyable part – more... of the job was simply the possibilities that the organization had to order. – less
good company
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 21, 2014
the company as a whole is a good company to work for great environment
Great Benefits
Solution Specialist (Current Employee), Gaylord MichiganOctober 21, 2014
Pros: matches 6 % on 401 k
Cons: horrible hours to work
Great Pay but work/life balance is hard with a family. Closing shifts last well into 8pm or later. Co-Workers are awesome but management is all about numbers. They like to micromanage which can be annoying.
Productive Workplace
IT Systems Engineer II - Middleware Infrastructure (Current Employee), Township of Warren, NJOctober 20, 2014
Great teamwork atmosphere and proactive daily functioning
Great company
Technical Support Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TexasOctober 20, 2014
Pros: very big on advancement, employee development
Awesome company to work for. Excellent benefits, salary and had the freedom to innovate. Thinking outside the box was celebrated.
The culture has changed
Project Manger (Former Employee), Garden CityOctober 20, 2014
Great company to work for but long term commitments are not there any more. It provides a great opportunity for network building and developing a strong background in communication.
great company
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), Racine, WIOctober 20, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, environment
Cons: hours
the job was great, not for a family type person being that the hours are retail, if you can sell then you can make really good money, benefits are awesome,

1 2 3 4 5

About Verizon

At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, – Read more