Verizon
6,063 reviews

Verizon Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun place to work
Lead Client Service Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONT and Amsterdam/ NetherlandsNovember 25, 2014
Good work life balance and lot's of training available with chances to grow
technician in telecommunication. help desk
TELECOMUNICATION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), santo domigno , dom rep.November 15, 2014
Cons: 8 hours
receive all call for solutions o problems. fix any problems with the connection of the router and cable.
Sales Associate
Entry Level Sales Associate for Verizon (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: abroad, pay, co-workers.
This was an amazing experience. In buffalo new York there was a job fair that attended right out of high school. I applied and was hired, the catch, It was across the border in Canada. I took the opportunity to experience a different country. I sold cell phone plans in store and did extremely well, but unfortunately my work visa got hung up and I returned back to Buffalo. This job made me discover my selling techniques and friendships.
fun and productive
Receptionist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2013
Pros: shared work
Cons: some dont put equal effort
Team work, I enjoy working in a team cause I share and gain skills
Amazing
Employee (Current Employee), New JerseyAugust 27, 2013
The only word I can use - Amazing! Supportive and always concerned about the employee.
Liked verizon despised teleperformance
Senior Technical Consultant (Former Employee), Thunder bay, onMay 9, 2013
Pros: working with others
Cons: management hours, lousy pay
Very depressing place to work, management completely out of touch and do not care.
great place and safe space for everyone
Receptionist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: had big place for dinning and rest area
Verizon wireless, was great place to work in with friendly staff members. It was very busy with more than 10 telephone lines and over 100 employees. I learnt to multi-task and be accurate at the same time. The hardest part of the job as receptionist was to memorize names for over 100 people. I enjoyed the multicultural and non- judgemental environment.
Cheated of Hours
Sales Consultant, Night Manager (Former Employee), Ramsey, MNJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: owner had 25 years of b2b experience
Cons: owner had 0 years of retail experience
the general manager would edit my time clock punches taking hours away from my pay checks, i have screen shots of sales recipts and internal documents to prove said accusations
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee), Orange, CTJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: n/a
A somewhat always changing environment, I learned a lot about sales, technology, and assisting various types of customer needs in a retail setting. Co-workers of mine have been great and I've seen many advanced while seeing others let go. The sales side of the job is great and is the essential part of working here, every month is a new start and mission. My favorite part of working at Verizon has been the technical side of things, from flip phones to tablets. I have watched and continue to watch the technology change.
It was a job that I did like to do but it was only temporary.
Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: good compensation for the work done.
Cons: i was a temporary worker.
Start each day trouble shooting cables, opening manholes and using testing equipent to fix the trouble. I learning how to trouble shoot, critical thinking, how to trust other employees, and to self manage. The coworkers were easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was lifting the manhole covers and working in all kinds of weather. I enjoyed working in the field, actually fixing trouble and it was a good work environment.
okay first job
Solutions Manager (Current Employee), Bloomingdale, ILJanuary 24, 2015
ask you to do more than possible with deadlines that are not realistic with staffing in store. not bad for a first job, will be able to meet people depending on your personality. Lunch breaks are given regularly, hours and work life balance are not good as you will spend a lot of your time here
Verizon's uPerform System Administrator (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: not micro managed
Cons: sometime tight deadlines and long hours
A typical day at work consisted of monitoring the system / trouble shooting and developing course material
I gained a more in-depth knowledge of the upgrade process
Management was always there if you needed them but you were not micro managed
co-workers were great people - mostly contractors
Hardest part of the job was juggling deadlines when something went wrong with the system
Enjoyable part - Satisfaction of accomplishment
Good learning experience
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, COJanuary 23, 2015
Good learning experience. Learned how to network. Co-workers good.
Great with diversity and family oriented
Customer Service Pro (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 23, 2015
Great place to work. Benefits are great and they work with your schedule if you are in school or are needing accommodations for family. Management is always there to help, whether they are your direct manager or not. Always ready to feed the representatives with pot lucks and fun food days. Calls can be frustrating but there are many training classes to prepare you for those specific calls.
Strict procedure work environment
Cellular Technician (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: stubborn work environment
Was a great starting point to the telecommunications industry
Challenging, every changing always changing...very rewarding work
Team Lead (Current Employee), Ashburn, VAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: could work from home when needed
Cons: layoffs were always a real possiblity
Management trusted me to be responsible for many things: Team assignments, Capacity Planning, Release and Project Planning. I loved it all. Hardest part of this job was there was always layoffs, and you had to say good bye to some really great people and then have a plan to cover their work and keep your group moving forward meeting deadlines.
Verizon Wireless
Sr. Retail District Sales Trainer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: graet learning experience
Cons: no room for growth after i reached sr. trainer and the culture changed within the company
Great place to work, great experience and I learned a lot during my 11 years with the company.

I was able to go to school with some of the great benefits and work life balance was very good as well
Excellent work for helping others
Online DSL Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: helping others
Cons: dealing with management
A typical day at work was sitting at a desk taking calls and helping others. I learned a lot about customer service. The management at Verizon was seriously lacking in my opinion, one of the major reasons I left them in the first place. The hardest part about the job was dealing with management. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping others, especially customers that weren't all that tech savvy.
n/a
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee), PhoenixJanuary 22, 2015
-Troubleshoot customer devices quickly and efficiently.
-Provide outstanding technical support and ensure that customers are getting the most out of Verizon Wireless products and services.
-Also assist customers with online inquires and assist with billing questions.
Competitive Environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Hanover, MDJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free lunch, free nba&nfl ticket incentives, bonus
The environment at Verizon Wireless was very competitive, and motivating. My co-workers were all team-players and supportive of one another. The most enjoyable part of this job was being rewarded for all my hard work.

1 2 3 4 5

About Verizon

At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, – Read more