Verizon
5,866 reviews

Verizon Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun place to work
Lead Client Service Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONT and Amsterdam/ NetherlandsNovember 25, 2014
Good work life balance and lot's of training available with chances to grow
technician in telecommunication. help desk
TELECOMUNICATION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), santo domigno , dom rep.November 15, 2014
Cons: 8 hours
receive all call for solutions o problems. fix any problems with the connection of the router and cable.
Sales Associate
Entry Level Sales Associate for Verizon (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: abroad, pay, co-workers.
This was an amazing experience. In buffalo new York there was a job fair that attended right out of high school. I applied and was hired, the catch, It was across the border in Canada. I took the opportunity to experience a different country. I sold cell phone plans in store and did extremely well, but unfortunately my work visa got hung up and I returned – more... back to Buffalo. This job made me discover my selling techniques and friendships. – less
fun and productive
Receptionist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2013
Pros: shared work
Cons: some dont put equal effort
Team work, I enjoy working in a team cause I share and gain skills
Amazing
Employee (Current Employee), New JerseyAugust 27, 2013
The only word I can use - Amazing! Supportive and always concerned about the employee.
Liked verizon despised teleperformance
Senior Technical Consultant (Former Employee), Thunder bay, onMay 9, 2013
Pros: working with others
Cons: management hours, lousy pay
Very depressing place to work, management completely out of touch and do not care.
great place and safe space for everyone
Receptionist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: had big place for dinning and rest area
Verizon wireless, was great place to work in with friendly staff members. It was very busy with more than 10 telephone lines and over 100 employees. I learnt to multi-task and be accurate at the same time. The hardest part of the job as receptionist was to memorize names for over 100 people. I enjoyed the multicultural and non- judgemental environment.
Productive workplace with Integrity and flexible shift options
Customer Advocate (Former Employee), Irvine, CADecember 19, 2014
Pros: 401k match 6 percent and immediate health benefits and employee discounts on billing & accessories.
Cons: the quality of the customer service is poor over the phone november and december 2014
Learned so much in the telecommunications industry. Enjoyable work environment never boring. Flexible shift 8 hours or 10 hours depending on shift bid. They pay for performance which was very nice. The harder your work the more you make. Management has a very open door approach. No Union. Hardest part of the job was needing more complete training when – more... new systems launched. Service levels often did not allow time off the phones in order to be trained and learn about changes. We used our online resources to get answers to information we needed to know about. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping so many people with many different issues. I felt a sense of gratification every day I worked. Internally coworkers called it Verizon "Change" Wireless. For almost 14 years I enjoyed taking advantage of the opportunities to build my knowledge and gained multiple transferrable skills in the process. Customer Service representative were often served food and drink at our desks to enjoy . We had games like Bingo to win prizes. 401k plan match up to 6%. Immediate health coverage. Strayer College on campus to further education within the same location. Adoption assistance. We received recognition often on our performance these are all reasons among others that I wish the Irvine CA call center did not close. I very much enjoyed working there. – less
fun place to work
Net Developer (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 19, 2014
Pros: all
Cons: nothing
Takes care about each and every employee and consultant personally...
Best workplace ever!
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee), Altus OklahomaDecember 19, 2014
Pros: excellent compensation, upper management that cares about you.
Cons: work life balance could be better.
If you have a chance to work for Verizon, I highly recommend it! They expect you to put in work when it comes to your sales. You have to try. You have to know your product and sell it, even if you don't like it. (Except for the KIN 1 and KIN 2. Those were no. Just no.) I made so much money with Verizon, and I really learned a lot about myself professionally. – more... I grew up with alltel and VZW and I cherish the experiences that I gained from employment with them. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CaDecember 19, 2014
A typical day at work would include:
Assisting with complaints, orders, errors, account questions, billing, cancellations, etc. I've learned how to be a professional businessman while providing excellent customer service. The hardest part of the job is traveling to various businesses everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help – more... customers regain satisfaction with their service. – less
Busy and Seperatated
Systems Engineer I (Current Employee), Temple Terrace, FLDecember 19, 2014
This job is busy and has a decent level of disconnect from the big picture. There is an ability to work throughout the country which is good if you want to live in different locations, but bad if you want to work with your teammates. Even if you work in the office, you'll see 3 of the maybe 25 people that you interact with.
Always Changing Workplace
Solutions Manager (Current Employee), Maplewood, MNDecember 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Verizon is a great place to work if you like a fast paced, always changing environment. The atmosphere is up beat and the benefits are amazing!
VZW
Customer Service representative (Former Employee), South Boston, VADecember 18, 2014
this company definitely allows you to make money but you have to sacrifice a lot of your personal time and other things to get it. I feel this company is more suited for single people.
....................
Sales
Typing
Maintaining High CPH
Traing on all new Devices
Enjoyable job with great pay, despite over bearing management
Service Technician (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great pay
Cons: hectic work environment, extreme pressure to meet impossible expectations
a regular work week consists of installing 'FiOS' in homes for new customers, trouble shooting and repairing copper phone and 'FiOS' services including inside wiring as well as outside plant

direct management (first level) was always helpful and supportive

co-workers bonded well with everyone else

best part about the job for me personally was being – more... able to figure out what trouble a customer was having because it made the job fun and interesting everyday

it's a job that always has you learning new things everyday

hardest part of the job for me was running service lines in areas where I had to climb more than 18' – less
great company - innovative
Executive Director (Former Employee), njDecember 18, 2014
Pros: great leadership, technologies
Cons: work life balance
This is a great company. It has a very good work life balance and is very innovative in technology. Very passionate people around customer services and the products offered.

Leadership is based on 'situation leadership' allowing engineers to be empowered
A Geat Power Tech Company that is growing rapidly
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLDecember 18, 2014
Pros: helping people making a diffrence and latest technology
Cons: constant change, non competitive pay, no 401k retirement, no social or family life bec schedule always changing and no seniority
my review is a mediocre one because in the wireless industry your constantly walking on egg shells. There is no relax or down time for your self except your lunch break.

My typical day at Verizon is unpredictable for a usual retail sales job. The day consists of constant customer service needs , consulting and problem solving on top of paying attention – more... to emails and reports all day long.

I learned that you control your situation with the customer and their depending on you and you need to only rely and depend on your self because nobody is going to the job for you. I learned how to get better at communication and writing. I learned how to compete and drive and push myself to meet and exceed sales goals. Last thing I learned is that your attitude affects your customers , co workers and your outcome for that day.

Management is a big turn over. I have had 6 managers in the past now and its been a bad impression on me and the company. My last manager only last 3 mo. I will say that every manager was willing and helpful though.

My co - workers are pretty good for the most part. They all come from different lives and different stories and backgrounds. I really like my current co worker we actually built a business and friend relationship.

The hardest part of my job I think is to constantly be in the face of customers and people all day long and have to be their life saver no matter what. also that the wireless industry is always constantly changing and competing with products and numbers. I not only work everyday but I also fell like I go to school because were constantly training and learning about new technology and products. another thing I can say is that it seems like everyday we have to learn something new or have to meet a new goal or sell something new or compete with something new out there that Verizon doesn't have yet.

the most enjoyable part of my job I guess I can say is I learn about new technology or get to sample everyday. I get to see all the latest and touch before everybody else. I love to see how things are made and work together to become something. I enjoy helping people and making their day but sometimes you can get overwhelmed to. – less
productive
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee), ConvergedDecember 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
typical at work location ,good work environment .good to be a part of the organisation
Reward based Company
Credit Order and Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), Franklin, TNDecember 17, 2014
Pros: bonuses, insurance benefits, job security
Cons: limited advancements
Fast pace environment. The company is very generous in rewards for tenured employees. The longer you work there the better Verizon treats you. However, constant change and the inability of leadership to keep up adds stress to the job. Lots of grey areas in terms of finding out direct answers and problem solving for the customer.

1 2 3 4 5

About Verizon

At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, – Read more