Verizon

Verizon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Innovation Par Excellence
Consultant (Current Employee), IndiaJune 9, 2014
Pros: work & family life balance is amazing
Cons: can pay better
Verizon is a dynamic Organization which strives to innovate in every facet of business operations to develop revenue generating streams while keeping the end customer and vendor partners happy. innovation in Technology is the core of the company. Awesome Organization.
fun and productive
Receptionist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2013
Pros: shared work
Cons: some dont put equal effort
Team work, I enjoy working in a team cause I share and gain skills
Fast paced, challenging work. Never boring
Quality Project Manager (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CONovember 4, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: long hours
I had an amazing team to work with at Verizon. The projects were always challenging and I was never bored at work. This environment kept me motivated and I was constantly learning.
Good workikng environment
Affiliate-Engineer (Current Employee), Muntinlupa, PhilippinesSeptember 12, 2013
Verizon is a good working environment where I learned how to deal people with different culture and personalities. Aside from the technical and management training provided by company, health benefits is also a plus.
Coworkers were nice
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 27, 2013
Great Benefits, great pay, the goal is to sell with integrity but that's not exactly what happens. 5 out of 7 Sales reps i worked with were liars and did not sell with integrity, some didn't even know the product well enough to sell it. they relied on fake stories and looks to sell to poor people who did not have a use for these products. Hated that – more... i would try to sell with honesty but was pushed to sell with lies. – less
Amazing
Employee (Current Employee), New JerseyAugust 27, 2013
The only word I can use - Amazing! Supportive and always concerned about the employee.
Liked verizon despised teleperformance
Senior Technical Consultant (Former Employee), Thunder bay, onMay 9, 2013
Pros: working with others
Cons: management hours, lousy pay
Very depressing place to work, management completely out of touch and do not care.
great place and safe space for everyone
Receptionist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: had big place for dinning and rest area
Verizon wireless, was great place to work in with friendly staff members. It was very busy with more than 10 telephone lines and over 100 employees. I learnt to multi-task and be accurate at the same time. The hardest part of the job as receptionist was to memorize names for over 100 people. I enjoyed the multicultural and non- judgemental environment.
very fun
Telemarketer (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXJuly 23, 2014
It was fun to work with many different people. The schedules they had us on were very hard because they were split shift but the management would work with you.
Not a good atmosphere
Financial Specialist (Former Employee), Boardman, OHJuly 23, 2014
Pros: occasional free lunch
Cons: work life balance, pay
I did not like working for Verizon. They treat their employees like their customers. Like a number.
Great job for a people person who does not like to be cooped up in an office
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 23, 2014
Pros: no manager over your shoulder decent pay
Cons: sales pressure
Great job for a people person who does not like to be cooped up in an office
It's "okay"
Senior Device Specialist (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHJuly 23, 2014
Pros: vacation time, co-workers
Cons: customers, reps bug you on lunch, overworked
It's retail. However, you will be asked to stay longer than normal, you will be asked to work overtime, you will be asked to come back from lunch early. Customers food the Verizon stores. It isn't normal. It doesn't matter how many reps you have in the store at one time, you will get slammed. I have had people throw items at me, I have received a phone – more... that was once in a portojohn and I even watched a woman get tasseled in front of me because her actions (customer). Cellular retail is not for the faint of the heart, it will break you and you will be exhausted. It is a great buffer to a resume but I would not make it a career. – less
install and repair phone lines and work with customers
Splice Service Technician (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: none really loved my job
team work good training and working with customers problem solving and thinking about the best way to complete the job.
Good company, hourly pay should be more
Coordinator Retention Finance Specialist (Current Employee), Franklin, TNJuly 22, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: hourly rate
the bonus were great, with the money being collected, they could give more
Challenging job
Lead Database Architect and DBA (Former Employee), Ashburn, VAJuly 22, 2014
Verizon is a great place to work
Supporting Test/Dev and mission critical databases
Performance tuning and troubleshooting user and customer complains
open SR and follow up with oracle
fun exciting place to work with gym on premises
Account Executive (Former Employee), Warrendale, Pa.July 22, 2014
Pros: contest to win prizes
Cons: short breaks
high fast pace environment time zips by, management could be a little mmore supportive in terms on proper training. the hardest part of the job was requesting time off
Great company to work for.
Remote Voice & Data Technician (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILJuly 22, 2014
Worked as a Remote tester for voice and data network. used over 15- different data bases and software to preform my task of testing and installing DS0, DS1 voice and data networks.
Excellant work place for many years
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee), Bensalem PAJuly 22, 2014
I answered all incoming calls for 4 locations. The Phila, Baltimore, Chadds Ford, and Harrisburg offices. I worked with the customers on an everyday basis. I was at the front desk so I not only worked with customers on the phone but also in person as I greeted them on arrival. I also handled all mail both incoming and out going. This included FexEx. – more... I was responsible for all deliveries. This part of SuperMedia / Verizon sold yellow page advertising, I was also responsible for the book room. This meant unloading skids of phone books. I maintained all copy machines. I ordered supplies for the machines and repaired them as needed. I enjoyed my job for 25 years. The company downsized and positions were eliminated .

I enjoy working with people and solving problems. – less
Figured On Retiring From GTE/Verizon
Building Technician (Former Employee), Bloomington, IllinoisJuly 22, 2014
Pros: liked my job, was good at it.
Cons: management fired in-house team, went to contractors
Various responses to emergency HVAC failures, electrical & plumbing issues, routine maintenance. Teamwork was encouraged but seldom occurred.
Excellent Career, dynamic environment
Project Manager (Former Employee), New YorkJuly 21, 2014
Pros: college education, excellent benefits
Cons: 24/7 environment, on call, strike assignments
A typical day at Verizon, varied throughout my career. In 1986, we were called NYNEX, and I was introduced to my first professional experience. My position required me to interact directly with business customers as well as a heavily adminsitrative workload. My managers were essentil mentors and helped in the development of my skills.

I moved laterally – more... throughout the corporation, learning new skills and holding different titles. Executive Assistant, Manager, Project Manager, Subject Matter Expert, Specialist. With each and every new postiion, there was growth.

As I progressed into management, and the unfortunate pifalls of our economy, the hardest part of my job, was absorbing responsibilities of other managers when the corporation was forced to downsize. However, this was also a somewhat enjoyable aspect as well. Managers, such as myself, and my superiors, worked very cohesively and succeeded in meeting our goals for each quarter.

Overall, the "phone company" was an exceptional experience, one I am truly grateful for. I was able to otain my BA in business administration/management, learned many technical skills, and interacted with an amazing number of talented people. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Verizon

At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, – Read more