Verizon
5,395 reviews

Verizon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sales Associate
Entry Level Sales Associate for Verizon (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: abroad, pay, co-workers.
This was an amazing experience. In buffalo new York there was a job fair that attended right out of high school. I applied and was hired, the catch, It was across the border in Canada. I took the opportunity to experience a different country. I sold cell phone plans in store and did extremely well, but unfortunately my work visa got hung up and I returned – more... back to Buffalo. This job made me discover my selling techniques and friendships. – less
fun and productive
Receptionist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2013
Pros: shared work
Cons: some dont put equal effort
Team work, I enjoy working in a team cause I share and gain skills
Amazing
Employee (Current Employee), New JerseyAugust 27, 2013
The only word I can use - Amazing! Supportive and always concerned about the employee.
Liked verizon despised teleperformance
Senior Technical Consultant (Former Employee), Thunder bay, onMay 9, 2013
Pros: working with others
Cons: management hours, lousy pay
Very depressing place to work, management completely out of touch and do not care.
great place and safe space for everyone
Receptionist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: had big place for dinning and rest area
Verizon wireless, was great place to work in with friendly staff members. It was very busy with more than 10 telephone lines and over 100 employees. I learnt to multi-task and be accurate at the same time. The hardest part of the job as receptionist was to memorize names for over 100 people. I enjoyed the multicultural and non- judgemental environment.
Fun work enviorment
Cellular Sales (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: no set limit to how much money you could make
Cons: unsure about what my paycheck would look like.
In a typical work day I was able to interact with a wide verity of people. I learned how to solve various technical problems as well as improve on my customer service relations. While we were considered our own managers, we did have team leaders who would help guide us or be available when we were unsure of how to solve a problem. The hardest part of – more... the job is the emotional aspect of dealing with upset or angry customers. Also having to accept that people would "deact" which means to cancel service before a certain time period, in which case we would be financially responsible for that and the cost would come out of our paychecks, which were commission based only. The enjoyable part of the job were my fellow coworkers. People often commented on how we always seemed to be having a good time, and honestly we were. I enjoyed working with every single person there, and I miss seeing them on a daily bases. – less
Working in 5 large regional data centers.
Network engineer (Former Employee), Ashburn, VASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: my first data center, a lot of things to learn: f5 load balancers
Cons: had to move to metro dc.
Supporting end users of a 400 sites and 5 regional data centers.
My first work in a large data center; F5 load balancers
Good managers to work for.
Great team of engineers to work with.
Nothing was really hard about the job, enjoyed every minute.
Very large network, learning something new everyday.
Fast pace.
Bilingual Customer Service (Former Employee), Moline, ILSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits.
Cons: company is closing customer service positions.
As a key holder part of my duty was setting registers count money and making sure that the store its ready for customers.
Strong customer service and trouble shooting skills.
Friendly and professional atmosphere.
Not be able to help the customer.
When the customer left the store with a smile.
Wonderful job for a person without children
Retail Sales Rep (Former Employee), TNSeptember 29, 2014
Excellent company, benefits, and salary/commission. However, you will work yourself to death (70 hours a week is realistic)--and you can say goodbye to your family and friends. This is a wonderful job for a young, single person without children. Or even an older person whose kids are graduated.

If you do have small children, stay away! You'll miss – more... your kids growing up; you'll miss everything. – less
Good place to work in
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: great benefits as well as leaders
Cons: work/balance is tough
great motivation at work as well as great co-workers. I leaned how to be a better person with customers and had a better opportunity to show my self driven skills as well as to work as a team.
good
Enterprise Sales Executive (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 29, 2014
great sales training, pay and benefits package. Leadership is a bit challenged.
Verizon Wireless
Senior Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Charleston, SCSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: money, benefits
Cons: schedules, lack of help
A Typical day at work was always fast paced the day always went by. Adhering to my schedule wasn't easy because of lack of help with the job I was taking about 200 to 350 calls per day when it should be like 100 to 200.

Verizon taught me how to work alone and handle and make the best decisions from the training we were given. They also taught me how – more... to value someone and also make them feel valued when speaking to them.

Management was always lacking on there part, floor support was the hardest to get at all the times. Working for the company we had to make fast decisions because management wasn't always available. We switch supervisors every 6 months, so some supervisors were awesome and some were challenging.

My coworkers were more like family because we had to be there to help one another in challenging times. When needed we always worked together and was there to help or answer any questions when needed.

The hardest part of the job was not having any support from management. Every supervisor was doing things there way and all ways were different. Some supervisors were helpful and most were not.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was knowing I was helping customers in the end. We got daily surveys on what customer thought about the person who they talked to and all my surveys were always sweet and very sincere. Customers remembered my name and said such nice things about me. I may not be with the company but I feel I did my very best in making sure every customer was happy. – less
VZW
Customer Service (Former Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 29, 2014
Great people, management styles sometimes difficult. Great benefits
Good
Sr. WebSphere Administrator (Former Employee), Township of Warren, NJSeptember 29, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
A very good place to work for job security
Technical Support (Current Employee), Hilliard, OhSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: company takes good care of it's employees
Cons: call center work isn't for everyone
I enjoy working at Verizon, I feel taken care of as an employee and well trained for my duties. A typical day includes taking inbound calls to assist customers with general account questions and basic troubleshooting of wireless devices and networks. I feel like Verizon is a good place to get your foot in the door to grow a career.
Nice place to work, Good compensation, attractive benefits
Sr Software Engineer (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDSeptember 29, 2014
I enjoyed working in Verizon. Got to learn a lot from software development to project management. Work culture is open and free. Management is reasonably fair with the employees.
Great place work
International A/P Supervisor (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKSeptember 28, 2014
Good management. Excellent Medical benefits. Overall great place to work.
Great job with many opportunity to grow
admin assistant (Former Employee), Providence, RISeptember 28, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: policy change every week
I enjoyed working at Verizon it gave me many chance to advance Great place to work for
Excellent work place with friendly staff
Customer Service, Sales, Consulting (Current Employee), Chandler, AZSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: there is no cap on how much you can make
Cons: lack of training
The job is simple enough to perform. Greeting customers, selling products, and creating business relationships. I enjoy my job, however there is very little room to grow or expand within the company.
Excellent Workplace
Implementation Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 27, 2014
Great co-workers and friends. Great Management and a Great Company

1 2 3 4 5

About Verizon

At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, – Read more