Verizon
5,574 reviews

Verizon Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sales Associate
Entry Level Sales Associate for Verizon (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: abroad, pay, co-workers.
This was an amazing experience. In buffalo new York there was a job fair that attended right out of high school. I applied and was hired, the catch, It was across the border in Canada. I took the opportunity to experience a different country. I sold cell phone plans in store and did extremely well, but unfortunately my work visa got hung up and I returned – more... back to Buffalo. This job made me discover my selling techniques and friendships. – less
fun and productive
Receptionist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2013
Pros: shared work
Cons: some dont put equal effort
Team work, I enjoy working in a team cause I share and gain skills
Amazing
Employee (Current Employee), New JerseyAugust 27, 2013
The only word I can use - Amazing! Supportive and always concerned about the employee.
Liked verizon despised teleperformance
Senior Technical Consultant (Former Employee), Thunder bay, onMay 9, 2013
Pros: working with others
Cons: management hours, lousy pay
Very depressing place to work, management completely out of touch and do not care.
great place and safe space for everyone
Receptionist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: had big place for dinning and rest area
Verizon wireless, was great place to work in with friendly staff members. It was very busy with more than 10 telephone lines and over 100 employees. I learnt to multi-task and be accurate at the same time. The hardest part of the job as receptionist was to memorize names for over 100 people. I enjoyed the multicultural and non- judgemental environment.
Great Culture
Store Leader (Current Employee), Indian Trail, NCOctober 28, 2014
great culture and business relations, time off was fantastic
Loved working for the company
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Sebring, FLOctober 28, 2014
Operations Sales Lead, included shipping and receiving inventory, inventory counts, and
inspecting paper work. Assisted in on the job training of new hires and current employee
during various operational changes and equipment releases. Maximized sales
opportunities by using Perfect Sales Techniques Assisted customers with account and
service issues – more... including contracts, billing issues, payments, and equipment Obtained sales
leads by prospecting Small Businesses. – less
great if you can handle being micromanaged
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee), Winona, MNOctober 28, 2014
Pros: awesome money
Cons: worried about getting fired everyday for something else
I was in 3 different stores. everyone 180 degree change. overall good company as long as you like working 7 days a week, open to close and being on your feet all day.
Amazing company to work for
Technical Coordinator - Corporate Office (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits
I enjoyed the entire time I worked for VZW. My only reason for leaving at the time was medical reasons and my doctor was not ready to release me to return to work at the end of my STD.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
field tech (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 28, 2014
Pros: never a bouring day.
Cons: always worked same area for 36 years.
COMPANY WENT FROM.NYTEL/NENEX/BELL ATLANTIC/TO VERIZON.ALWAYS HAD ADVANCEMENT FOR EMPLOYEES AFTER WORK ACTIVE SPORT EVENTS AND LEAGUES FOR SOFT BALL,BASKETBALL,BOWLING,AND OUTER BOROUGH COMPATION AND LONG ISLAND.
Secure Work Environment
Customer Specialist (Current Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 28, 2014
Cons: hours are terrible, customer abuse, management is terrible
Good things about Verizon is there is a secure work environment, the benefits are okay.

Cons
Hours are terrible
Management is terrible
Business Ethics terrible
Its all about who you know and who likes you for advancement opportunities
Customer Abuse
They do not believe I perfection, your best is never good enough
Job security is based mostly on customer – more... surveys. If you don't give the customer what they want, even if it is outside of your job description, and you are given a bad or "dropped survey" it is always your fault no matter what. Very high turnover rate – less
Customer serrvice/ Sales
Verizon Wireless CS rep / Sales (Former Employee), DenverOctober 28, 2014
With them I wold explain the different between that phone. would help nevigate through the phone and sale the products.
Fun and fast paced environment, rough hours and hard to reach quotas
Retail Sales Operations (Former Employee), Fairview Park, OHOctober 28, 2014
Excellent benefits, great pay for a retail environment, excellent training opportunites for all things wireless, typically fun environment, management can micro-manager at times, the hardest part is meeting and exceeded quotes to make a decent paycheck, but overtime is usually accepted to assist in hourly pay. I met some of my best friends at this company – more... and would go back in a heart beat if it wasn't for the retail hours and unpredictable schedule. – less
Fast paced work environment. Never a dull slow moment!
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), SCOctober 27, 2014
Pros: would work there again without a doubt.
Cons: very stressful situations, deadlines and everychanging. company also provided a gym to release the stress.
Company appreciates its employees and provides them with great training, supervision and benefits. On the phone the majority of the time. Also had meetings to go to and preparations to make for upcoming special sales activities. This job taught me that I can handle just about anything.
Contracted Employee
Traffic Account Executive (Former Employee), TelecommuteOctober 27, 2014
Pros: good salary
Great opportunity for advancement. Worked independently from home.
Cutting edge technology
Multimedia technician (Current Employee), Westwood, NJOctober 27, 2014
Verizon is a well managed company. Thrived in day to day operations in both training and supervisory role.Daily contact with Verizon management, vendors and customers afforded valuable experience.
A good job
Fiber Customer Support Analyst (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDOctober 27, 2014
If you can follow direction and adjust to constant change, you'll be fine.
great job
Financial Representative (Current Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 27, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: outbound calls
Verizon is a great company with great benefits. my job is fairly easy . I work in financial services.
Productive and fun place to work.
Customer Support Analyst (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 27, 2014
Pros: commission on sales even if your'e not in sales, friendly staff, lots of opportunities for advancement
Cons: sales quotas for tech support, but i hear they don't do that any more.
Training was excellent. My first job in tech support and I really knew what I was doing when I hit the floor. When I didn't understand something, a manager was totally willing to help and very friendly, no matter who it was I asked. The pay was great, and being able to take paid sick days or vacation days off on a whim was a great perk. I felt like – more... the company cared about my well-being and I equally cared about the company. Co-workers were friendly. Hardest part of the job was doing sales and understanding the systems, but I hear that they've stopped pushing sales so hard in the tech support department. It's hard to sell things to angry people. TWC compensates its employees with holiday pay, loads of cable-related merch and even commission on sales across any department. – less
Nice Place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 27, 2014
Is not bad. Day to day things typically the same. Technology is my passion so I loved being around it all day.

1 2 3 4 5

About Verizon

At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, – Read more