Verizon Employee Review

You are on your own
Unix system administration (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA4 July 2012
My review is a bit stilted in that I am in a company that was bought by MCI then MCI was bought by Verizon and we just rode along with the deal. Once we were Verizon we were sucked dry; a once very profitable area we saw them dump many unprofitable clients on us from their hosting and other divisions that could not support those accounts. Gradually we became unprofitable due to their gross mismanagement. It was a sad progression. Also, they did a re-org about every 6 months to a year and shuffled us around each time.
Pros
big corporation; standard benefits
Cons
managers are clueless; pay is below market

Other Verizon Employee Reviews

Retail Sales
Customer Support Rep/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, OH24 July 2017
Verison was ok at times sometimes it was tough and sometimes it was ok. IT really depended on management. There were a lot of changes almost every week and a very poor work life balance
Solid Job
Helpdesk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON27 June 2017
My work with Verizon at the time was excellent even though I was an agency worker. It was interesting supporting employees from across the US. It was challenging working in the changing world of IT and advertising.
Pros
People
Cons
Agency work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2