Verizon
5,712 reviews

Verizon Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
technician in telecommunication. help desk
TELECOMUNICATION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), santo domigno , dom rep.November 15, 2014
Cons: 8 hours
receive all call for solutions o problems. fix any problems with the connection of the router and cable.
Sales Associate
Entry Level Sales Associate for Verizon (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: abroad, pay, co-workers.
This was an amazing experience. In buffalo new York there was a job fair that attended right out of high school. I applied and was hired, the catch, It was across the border in Canada. I took the opportunity to experience a different country. I sold cell phone plans in store and did extremely well, but unfortunately my work visa got hung up and I returned – more... back to Buffalo. This job made me discover my selling techniques and friendships. – less
fun and productive
Receptionist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2013
Pros: shared work
Cons: some dont put equal effort
Team work, I enjoy working in a team cause I share and gain skills
Amazing
Employee (Current Employee), New JerseyAugust 27, 2013
The only word I can use - Amazing! Supportive and always concerned about the employee.
Liked verizon despised teleperformance
Senior Technical Consultant (Former Employee), Thunder bay, onMay 9, 2013
Pros: working with others
Cons: management hours, lousy pay
Very depressing place to work, management completely out of touch and do not care.
great place and safe space for everyone
Receptionist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: had big place for dinning and rest area
Verizon wireless, was great place to work in with friendly staff members. It was very busy with more than 10 telephone lines and over 100 employees. I learnt to multi-task and be accurate at the same time. The hardest part of the job as receptionist was to memorize names for over 100 people. I enjoyed the multicultural and non- judgemental environment.
Great environment, good money
Solutions Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas NV.November 20, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, people
Cons: work life balance
Really like working for the company. They reward when you do well and hold accountable when you do not perform. The benefits are the best I have had.
Eager to learn and work
1st level manager (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 20, 2014
Pros: team player, reliable and available to work any schedule.
Cons: detail oriented and will not hesitate to address customer's needs
Telecommunications management professional with over 15 years of comprehensive experience in a multi-site, multi-host, networked environment. Has extensive knowledge of network technologies, business principles, and processes. An understanding, innovative individual who has an excellent sense of team work to get results by instilling commitment, trust, – more... fairness, and loyalty. Effective leader follow directives, and company policies to accomplish tasks and work assignments. Key strengths include:

 Project Management  Data Center Operations OCO/MCO
 Staff Management & Development
 Financial Planning & Management
 Budget Development  Vendor Management
 Staff Training & Development
 Network Management
TECHNICAL SKILLS

Operational knowledge of WFA-C, WFA-DO, V-FORCE, ETMS, PC Controller, TCOMs, TIRKS,
V-Repair, Microsoft Office applications, AMTS, Labor Relations Data Base, Microsoft Office Suite – Operational use
 UNIX/ETMS/AMTS/MS DOS/NOQI/CCP/TCP-IP
 OC192/OC48/OC12/OC3/OC1/DS3/DS1/DS0
 Ethernet/Gig Optical systems/CISCO-Wellfleet Routers/Overture 1400/CSU-DSU – less
Customer Service
Credit Oder and Review Representative (Former Employee), OhioNovember 20, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: not know how to stop helping our customers
Back to back calls processing credit applications. Sometime taking payment Checking applications and orders. Time management is extremely important in any customer service role. Weather as a supervisor or representative. Its extremely important. The hardest part of customer service and just not stop always wanting to do your best for the clients or – more... customer. – less
Big call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 20, 2014
Pros: weekends off
Cons: short breaks
Verizon Wireless customer service duties dealt with a lot of high volume calls and incoming calls, answering questions for customers calling about discounts on their accounts. Very loud call center
Excellent Learning Environment
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Basking Ridge, NJNovember 19, 2014
Verizon supports continued education and provides the tools necessary to develop and advance your career.Verizon makes it a point to continue to better themselves as they work towards being a world class Finance organization. I would recommend anyone interested in learning how to work with Financial Statements and Financial modeling to apply to Verizon.
Excellent company to work for!
Customer Financial Services Senior Trainer (Former Employee), Bellevue, WANovember 19, 2014
Pros: awesome benefits from first day, fun & professional culture, competitive pay
Cons: some politics (but you can't get away from that)
I really enjoyed working for Verizon Wireless. They are an innovative company on the forefront of wireless technology. They value their employees and customers.

I looked forward to waking up in the morning to help build the culture, educate/train new employees and continue to develop existing.
Good Employer who offered trained employees continually
Central Office Equipment Installer, (Former Employee), Manchester, NHNovember 19, 2014
Pros: decent wages and benefits
Cons: many supply chain and engineering issues cause disruptions and delays
As a COEI technician, I would receive a spec from engineering to do an installation (or removal, modification etc). Often times I would do a pre-start walkthru to familiarize and/or correct different aspects of the job. I would then write a MOP detailing the work items and submit it for approval. Once approved, material would be delivered and staged – more... in an approved location. Next I would inventory the material, and make any requests for specialty tools that might be required. Work was performed individually or in teams, depending on the particular requirements of each job. Some jobs take weeks to complete, others only hours or days. As part of job completion, I would power, test, and turn-up, stencil and bar code as required. End of job paperwork and a final walkthru and then on to the next job.

I enjoyed the independence the job provided, as well as the variety of different locations and work performed. – less
Fast Pace Work Environment
Assistant Retail Manger (Former Employee), Silverdale, WANovember 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits and compensation of pay
Cons: not a great atmosphere for work/life balance
Assisting about 30 customers per day with form fitting the right cellular products to their wants and needs.
Train and motivate employees in new policies, procedures, products, and services.
•Meet and exceed a challenging monthly sales commission quota
•Monthly and weekly meetings with sales reps to strategize the goals they have set to make quota.
Analyzing – more... reports for the business and myself to know the areas of success and opportunities.
Weekly and Monthly Inventory of all products.
Cold Calls to reach potential new business clients, set up appointments, and create proposals to earn their business. Sell the customer on “Why” they should choose Verizon Wireless for their wireless needs.
Piloting and creating new positions throughout the company

I was constantly learning. With each new customer I had to learn how to overcome challenges, as well as properly fit their wants and needs into a program that suites them.

I was part of the management staff and we strive to help our sales rep become successful at reaching their goals.

I had great co-workers who were team oriented.

The most difficult part of the job was getting a positive work/life balance.

The most enjoyable part of the job was my contribution in community outreach set up booths at different events to gain new customers. As well as helping the community with events to gain awareness on certain issues. – less
Large Company with room for growth
Fiber Network Field Technician (Current Employee), Victorville, CANovember 19, 2014
Pros: good pay, vacation, personal days
Cons: extremely tight budgets mean no replacements of necessary tools and equipment
Verizon is an overall great company. Lately though the company has been making big cuts across the board. They've closed multiple call centers, laid off management and hourly employees. Benefits started great at 100% paid but has fallen more in line with other companies where you have to pay a portion. Management receives no retirement pension and hourly – more... employees will likely lose that soon as well. – less
Great Company, Great Pay, Very Competitive
Retail Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 19, 2014
Great everything but if your not competitive then its not for you.
work/life balance sometimes there is none unless you move to the higher positions
Oracle PL/SQL Developer (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 19, 2014
This is one of the company where we can learn many productive things. Environment was very friendly and supportive.
Great management. They trusted your work and let you run it like your business
Sales Support Management (Current Employee), Richardson, TXNovember 18, 2014
Pros: working from home
Cons: no co-worker face to face time
A typical day started with a call to review everyone's work load and make sure that no one was overloaded. I learned, expecially by working from home, that I can manage myself and be more productive than ever. The hardest part was that you didn't have much co worker interaction, only via the phone or instant messaging.
they treated employees wonderfully
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), wilmington, ncNovember 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: hours
Taking inbound calls. Handling all of the customers needs from billing to troubleshooting devices
It has been a great company to work for
Product Manager, Verizon Mobile Commerce (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYNovember 18, 2014
Verizon is a company with many great career opportunities. The work culture is creative and highly energized.

1 2 3 4 5

About Verizon

At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, – Read more