OVERVIEW OF JOB FUNCTION:
The Network and Systems Analyst will perform activities which consist of defining/validating the hardware and software environments of project specifications in a networking environment as well as troubleshoot or recommend network infrastructure improvements. Concerned with the "big picture" of a project in addition to the technical aspects and must consider details like cost and schedules. Working in an environment that is technically challenging, and that allows to show creativity and problem-solving abilities.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create network infrastructures designed for the need of the testing environment, maintaining it by researching for network discrepancies.
Work closely with the development team to plan, design and validate system components, integrations with third-party products, and large systems.
- Re-create or stage large scale deployments to manage escalations from the field and develop testing techniques to find system performance limits and bottlenecks.
- Contribute to the constant improvement of Nextiva features, usability and technical transfer processes by producing and maintaining relevant documentation. You will participate in creating and maintaining technical notes, deployment guides and other relevant procedures that will play a crucial part in Nextiva deployment and customer support.
- Interface with Technical Services & Support and Software Test Group to develop and eliminate roadblocks and communication barriers that may affect product quality and usability.
- Research and introduce new third party products, both software and hardware that will expand Nextiva feature set and add business value to future Verint product offerings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field of study.
- Minimum 3 years pertinent experience in an IT Infrastructure or System Engineering environment.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft OS platforms and technologies, LAN/WAN networking concepts and protocols, distributed client/server systems, and database technologies.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills (especially English written skills), as well as very strong problem solving and time/equipment management skills.
- Excellent understanding of standard hardware/software interfaces and hardware system design. Must be very familiar with third party technologies from major brands, as well as upcoming software and hardware technologies. The following list is an example of desired experience:
Installation, administration and maintenance experience with Windows 2003/2008/2008 R2, Linux and MS SQL.
Good understanding of DNS and Active Directory.
Knowledge of L2/L3 switching, forwarding, STP domains and link aggregation.
Knowledge to create and configure port based, protocol-based and tagged VLANs.
Knowledge of routing protocols (RIP and OSPF)
In-depth knowledge of IGMP including v2.
Experience using network and protocol analyzers for troubleshooting purposes.
Installation and configuration experience with external storage units from HP, Nexsan and Dell etc.
Good knowledge of networking products (switches and routers) from major players like Cisco, Extreme and HP etc.
- Ability to deliver quality results in a timely manner in a dynamic and ever changing role.
- Fluent in French and English.
Take the next step! Visit our career opportunities at Verint www.verint.com/careers
Indeed - 8 months ago
Verint offers a cool and high tech environment. Our products are leader on the market and sold worldwide to more than 10,000 organizations...