VeriFone

VeriFone Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company
IT TEAM LEAD (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 14, 2015
VeriFone is great company to work for, the pay, benefits are great, I missed working for VeriFone
for my 3 years experience as manager I deal with great executive manager, great HR, I really enjoyed working for them
People and Products are Truly Awesome
Manager, Engineering Projects (Former Employee), Rocklin, CAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: great people, great locations, great benefits
Cons: lack of profit sharing, lack of strategic product road map, no cohesive tie-ins with products hardware and software "families"
- A typical day would go by fast and be filled with a diverse set of tasks & challenges to tackle, whether designing and developing products and accessories, working with marketing on custom requirements, chairing teleconferences with people in multiple countries and time zones, 3D printing prototypes for design validation, or checking on existing experiments and hardware qualification testing statuses and apparatuses.

- I learned to never be complacent and to always be adding value, as well as how to build team trust and lead by example.

- Management is continuously improving and always sensitive to employees' personal circumstances.

- Co-workers are talented, hard-working, and remain true genuine friends, and very innovative and adaptive to constant change and competing priorities.

- With a globally-distributed team, the hardest part of the job would be trying to avoid working around the clock 24/7, as the world never stops turning and the work is seemingly endless, which is tempting to work late into the wee hours to stay one step ahead, but exhausting and a threat to the work/life balance. Also, a culture of constantly being available for helping and mentoring others can also be distracting from ones own commitments getting completed.

- Most enjoyable, without a doubt, is the creation of new and unique secure payment technology that everyone around the world uses intuitively because of our massive design forethought and effort to delight end-users and merchants alike.
Global payment provider
Product Support Specialist (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 9, 2015
8 hour work day
learned new technology for payment systems
management great to work with
co-workers great
hardest part of job is keeping up with the new technology
most enjoyable part of job is working for Verifone
Oracle PL/SQL Consultant (Former Employee), Rocklin, CAJanuary 27, 2015
great place to work, very friendly environment
great management
everyone is a teamplayer at that company
Poor management
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: steady work hours
No training, poor management, no life/wok balance. Load work is too much. No employee perks.
Productive workplace
Software Design Engineer (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: bad communication
VeriFone is definitely a roller coaster of a company to work for. My days greatly vary depending on the task. From mundane paperwork and waiting on reviews, to long hours of thought provoking problems, VeriFone has challenged me in a variety of ways.

Depending on which step of the lifecylce a product was in, the typical day at work varies. In early planning stages, the typical day involves hours of analysis, planning, and reviewing. The implementation phase is usually a blast, unless dealing with some obscure convoluted part of the system. QA and field maintenance can sometimes be the most stressful and most rewarding, depending which way a problem swings.

There is an interesting range of co-worker personalities. Most are nice to work with, but there are a few more difficult souls.

The most enjoyable part of the job is flexibility. VeriFone makes it easy to find a balance of life outside of work. Things can get pretty hectic, though (deadlines, field issues).

I've had a pretty enjoyable experience at verifone. Just depends on what part of the system you get to work on.
Productive & fun work place
Software QA Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KANovember 20, 2014
Pros: outing, hoh, flexible work timings.
Cons: cafetaria
Its a awesome compnay to work at, homely environment with team members just like a family.

Got to learn how the payment works, EMV spec & lots more. Management was supportive & helpful in terms of learning opportunites, it also kept its emplyees happy with day outing, team building activity & so on.

My co-workers were just as a family.

The hardest part of the job is to work tremendously under stress at times during major releases.

And not to miss the most enjoyable part of the job is our endless conversation with our neighbours, the lunch time & the coffee breaks with the whole team.
Amesome company to work for.
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Woburn, MaNovember 9, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: it is now closed the waysystems part
Very busy with customers.
A lot about software and hardware.
The best management that I have ever worked with.
Enjoy very much the people I worked with.
Was trying to see why the product was not working.
Was helping a customer and having them happy in the end.
Daily production assignments, banquet meetings, special orders.
Technical Account Rep (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great food, always learning about food, advancement opportunities are there if willing to relocate, good team environment
Cons: long hours and quick turn arounds are required, short of staff sometimes
Review daily production and banquet requests. Create work schedule for team. During line up give out assignments to team members and ensure they have the proper skills, recipes and products required to finish tasks. Go over special orders for weddings, Club Lounge guests or special occasions. Attend banquet meetings to review menus. Place orders for daily production team and outside vendors.
A True Learning Experience
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 4, 2014
Pros: great medical benefits, flexible schedule, co-workers, location, independent
Cons: hourly rate, # of hours, lack of appreciation
A typical day for me can either be crazy and hectic or pretty laid back depending on how close I am to deadline.

I have learned how to prioritize and manage my time so that I can meet my mandatory deadlines for my check disbursements. I have also learned how to work with others in terms of presenting data in a manner which is easy and straight forward to understand.

The most enjoyable part of my job are working with certain people on a day to day basis. I work with a wonderful group of people in my local office. The hardest part of my job is having to work with management that is on the east coast that only have a overview of my individual job and what is required for my job to be completed.
Idiots pool
Helpdesk (Former Employee), FlOctober 3, 2014
Pros: just a paycheck
Cons: everything
If you want to be treated like a child and work with incompetent people and technology from the 80,s.You will love it.
Family Oriented company
Senior Accounts Payables Analyst (Former Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 18, 2014
VeriFone is a fine company to work for. I had many challenges but still enjoyed meeting them. The people at VeriFone were very kind to me. The helped me grow within my department. I was very sad to leave, but I understand life needs to keep going.
Excellent
Accounts Payable Analyst (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLAugust 5, 2014
VeriFone is a great place to work. The communication skills relative to management are high level. No day is the same. I enjoy a variety of responsibilities and tasks.
Large Global Company - Great colleagues
Sales Support (Current Employee), Ashford, ENGJuly 2, 2014
I work with some great people who are enthusiastic and make the working week great
fun
warehouse operative (Former Employee), Bourne End, ENGMay 27, 2014
Pros: holidays
Cons: overtime
Booking in units and dispatching plts to customers the workers i got on with
To much micro management
Electrical Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Long Island City, NYMay 21, 2014
Pros: a lot of overtime
Cons: high turn over ratio
No incentive to stay and not attentive to employees need. No real chance for advancement.
One of My Top Regrets of Life is Working for VeriFone
marketing (Former Employee), AlpharettaApril 27, 2014
Pros: you become close to some co-workers the way soldiers in combat do.
Cons: the company is dying and will be eaten by younger and faster tech companies.
My manager lied to me before I started my first day at VeriFone. By the end of my first week I had heard horror stories of employees breaking down with stress related issues. I should’ve left then, but I was committed to helping the failing company do better. I ignored my gut and paid for it.
Working at VeriFone is like a bad relationship that gave warning signs early. I ignored those warnings and ended up in an unhealthy relationship. I've never worked in a place that uses fear to motivate employees: fear of being fired or laid off, fear of verbal attacks, fear of constant snide remarks, fear of being reorganized, and fear of taking the blame for poor management decisions that result in more failure.
VeriFone is too far behind to ever catch up in the fast moving tech market and is slowly dying. The desperation, or maybe the remainders of the people that caused it to fail, make this a horrible, horrible place to work.
All the reviews you can find about working here are real. This is not a good place to be. If you hate your family and enjoy 60 – 70 hour work weeks that result in being told you still didn't do a good job then VeriFone is the place for you.
Bad corporate culture
Senior Network/Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Roswell, GAApril 27, 2014
Hard to get your job done when outside influences render your department ineffective.
hard worker and good employes relations
Técnico de Instalación de POS (Former Employee), GuaynaboiMarch 19, 2014
Pros: it was a daytime job
Cons: a lot of hours working
Every day I go from Vega Baja to Guaynabo and take my route through the island to do field service as a technician of POS (atm machines). Sometimes it's a new installation, others are swap, when its new clients you have to give them a training. If it's a regular client you have to do troubleshooting to fix the terminal of POS or change it for a new one.You have to drive a lot of miles and have a good communication with the clients but at the end of the day I feel satisfied that I accomplished my duties.
Worst place I ever worked
Technician (Former Employee), Long Island City, NYMarch 13, 2014
This job was the worst place I ever work, other than it being 9 Am to 5 Pm was the only good thing about this position, management was overbearing and hard to work for.

1 2 3

About VeriFone

VeriFone doesn't mind long check-out lines, but it does try to make them move faster. The company is a leading supplier of electronic – Read more