VeriFone

VeriFone Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Large Global Company - Great colleagues
Sales Support (Current Employee), Ashford, ENGJuly 2, 2014
I work with some great people who are enthusiastic and make the working week great
fun
warehouse operative (Former Employee), Bourne End, ENGMay 27, 2014
Pros: holidays
Cons: overtime
Booking in units and dispatching plts to customers the workers i got on with
To much micro management
Electrical Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Long Island City, NYMay 21, 2014
Pros: a lot of overtime
Cons: high turn over ratio
No incentive to stay and not attentive to employees need. No real chance for advancement.
One of My Top Regrets of Life is Working for VeriFone
marketing (Former Employee), AlpharettaApril 27, 2014
Pros: you become close to some co-workers the way soldiers in combat do.
Cons: the company is dying and will be eaten by younger and faster tech companies.
My manager lied to me before I started my first day at VeriFone. By the end of my first week I had heard horror stories of employees breaking down with stress related issues. I should’ve left then, but I was committed to helping the failing company do better. I ignored my gut and paid for it.
Working at VeriFone is like a bad relationship that gave – more... warning signs early. I ignored those warnings and ended up in an unhealthy relationship. I've never worked in a place that uses fear to motivate employees: fear of being fired or laid off, fear of verbal attacks, fear of constant snide remarks, fear of being reorganized, and fear of taking the blame for poor management decisions that result in more failure.
VeriFone is too far behind to ever catch up in the fast moving tech market and is slowly dying. The desperation, or maybe the remainders of the people that caused it to fail, make this a horrible, horrible place to work.
All the reviews you can find about working here are real. This is not a good place to be. If you hate your family and enjoy 60 – 70 hour work weeks that result in being told you still didn't do a good job then VeriFone is the place for you. – less
Bad corporate culture
Senior Network/Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Roswell, GAApril 27, 2014
Hard to get your job done when outside influences render your department ineffective.
hard worker and good employes relations
Técnico de Instalación de POS (Former Employee), GuaynaboiMarch 19, 2014
Pros: it was a daytime job
Cons: a lot of hours working
Every day I go from Vega Baja to Guaynabo and take my route through the island to do field service as a technician of POS (atm machines). Sometimes it's a new installation, others are swap, when its new clients you have to give them a training. If it's a regular client you have to do troubleshooting to fix the terminal of POS or change it for a new – more... one.You have to drive a lot of miles and have a good communication with the clients but at the end of the day I feel satisfied that I accomplished my duties. – less
Worst place I ever worked
Technician (Former Employee), Long Island City, NYMarch 13, 2014
This job was the worst place I ever work, other than it being 9 Am to 5 Pm was the only good thing about this position, management was overbearing and hard to work for.
Turnover north of 200% Sweatshop conditions, mass exodus happening
Senior Systems Engineer MSO (Current Employee), Alpharettta, GAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: you were allowed to go to the bathroom, and have drinks of water
Cons: everything else.
Front line managers were good, and they "got it" but were so beaten down by senior level managers incompetence that they couldn't do anything. 60 hours a week is the bare minimum, anything less than that and you are looked down on. 80+ hours is expected. You are expected to go home and sit in front of your computer all night, just in-case. Priorities – more... change 2-3 times an hour so you can't actually get anything done. This place has some of the worst under staffing conditions I have ever seen. New "Senior Manager" put in charge of operations, project managers, and apps team has 3 months management experience previously, that he got pushed out of for being so bad at it. He has no issues treating employees like dirt and towing the corporate line on that he gets promoted with no qualifications for the job. His first order of business was to stop work from home the day after the big snow storm. Literally entire department all departments in MSO are actively looking for other jobs, mass exodus again. I won't even get into the other manager in R&D that have run off close to 20 people including engineers, directors, and managers in the past 3 years due to his constant political games and incompetence all ignored. Multiple IT employee surveys ripping the conditions have gone ignored. HR is asleep at the wheel. You are better off being a trash man than come work here, flipping burgers would be a better career decision. Stay far, far, far away from this place. – less
Kept Growing
Admin (Former Employee), Honeydew, GPFebruary 22, 2014
always busy, kept you thinking, i learnt working in a team and also taking on individual projects, invoiving, administration.
helloo
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), spainJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: depend
Cons: 15
Warehouse Worker with great physical strength and thorough understanding of warehouse procedures and inventory control.
- A multi-skilled, talented and confident Welder with a practical background of successfully welding & fabricating stainless steel and various other metal components.
who can relate well with people at all levels and has the flexibility – more... of working well as part of a team and also individually. Now looking for a suitable vacancy
Three years of dedicated experience in warehouse setting
- Able to operate forklift and pallet jack
- Highly skilled in receiving incoming material and goods from vendors and suppliers
- Hands on experience in verifying quality and quantity of materials by checking merchandise against packing list
- In depth knowledge of maintaining inventory records and ensuring identification of damaged goods

8 years experience of working in construction
- Safety conscious & able to ensure a safe working environment to work in.
- Able to work at heights on scaffolds etc.
- Able to work from technical drawings.
- Experience in Mig, MMA and Tig welding. – less
In transition
Technical Project Manager (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: low pay
The people are very friendly but under intense pressure to complete tasks.
Great Place to work
Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: great teammates
Cons: communcation for lower level employees is lacking
VeriFone is a great place to work. The communication skills relative to management are high level. No day is the same. I enjoy a variety of responsibilities and tasks.
About my experience in working Company
JUNIOR COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Chennai, TNNovember 5, 2013
I came for technical engineer job and i develop myself and i promoted to coordinator,after that my end i gave more productivity to company.
Unique value proposition
Director, National and Digital Media Sales (Current Employee), New yorkSeptember 18, 2013
VeriFone has a unique value proposition in the industry making it nice to sell to clients objectives
Bad Company - Stay Away
Former Employee (Former Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 30, 2013
Long hours, little respect and supervisors who take credit for what you have accomplished, but blame you for their mistakes. Money was good, but stress level very high. Many employees have sent out resumes. Turn over extremely high for this industry especially in the Finance Department.
Management full of screamers who like to humiliate subordinates.
Great and fun to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), clearwater flAugust 16, 2013
I totally enjoyed working for this company ,the staff were very eager to find job placement
Good experience
Electronics Technician/Assembler/C.P.U Programmer (Former Employee), Queens, NYAugust 13, 2013
Doing a variety of duties each day as required according to the supervisors direction.
productive and fun workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee), Lincoln, CAAugust 12, 2013
great place to work, very friendly environment
great management
everyone is a teamplayer at that company
Payment Solution Company
Senior QA Test Technician (Current Employee), PhilippinesAugust 3, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Good working environment
Good co-workers
Good management
Productive and enjoyable company.
PcCharge Sales Support Representative (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJuly 28, 2013
A typical day at work is assisting customers with isues. Providing sales with information to complete orders and data entry. Great management and pleasant co-workers.

About VeriFone

VeriFone doesn't mind long check-out lines, but it does try to make them move faster. The company is a leading supplier of electronic – Read more