Veolia Water

enjoyed meeting Induction people
enjoyed safety culture
Time mangement
Water treatment technicien (Former Employee), Narbonne, A9September 15, 2014
First job in water treatment.

Lot of experiences thanks to other workers.

Good experiences
Depends on position and company within Veolia
Process Engineer/Commissioning Field Engineer (Former Employee), Cary, NCJune 8, 2014
Pros: a lot of good people
Cons: promotions, based on friendships, not job performance, unqualified, people promoted as supervisors when others with seniority and better qualifications are passed up.
A great place to work. Very diverse atmosphere with new technologies. Good place to start a career.
Enjoyable Atmosphere & Great Colleagues
Document Controller (Current Employee), Modderfontein, GPMay 13, 2014
I usually start my at about 6:30.
First things first, read and attend to all e-mails that need immediate attention.
Start the updating of registers
Send out transmittals (When needed)
Make sure that all documents that leave the company via document control have the proper format, headings, correct grammar and spelling.
Start the hand over for the various – more... projects (When needed)
I have a foreign manager, but have found that it is enjoyable to work for him. My co-workers all have a sense of humour, but when we work we work hard.
I think the hardest part of my work is to get people to understand that to keep track of our documentation it has to come through document control.
The most enjoyable part of my work is getting something approved or getting a great review on something that I have worked hard on. – less
Very Productive and friendly work environment
Pipe Welder (Former Employee), Vandalia, OHMay 4, 2014
Veolia Water was a very good place to work. It kept me very productive and it was very laid back work, very enjoyable. Co-workers and upper management were very professional and friendly. Sometimes the tasks were challenging, but that is always something to look forward to in this career field. I learned better techniques and welding knowledge from – more... this company and it was a pleasure. – less
A very differnet envirorment
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Jackson, MIMarch 27, 2014
Coming from the air force to veolia water was interesting.Most of the other workers were ex navy since it was a power plant.I learned a lot while i was there.
Productive atmosphere full of opportunities to advance environmental/ health and safety experience
o Safety Coordinator/Plant Operator (Current Employee), Yukon, OKMarch 11, 2014
A typical day at work involves conducting water and waste water lab tests to ensure compliance with the Department of Environmental Quality, performing preventive maintenance on plant equipment, and monitoring and logging operational data.
GRADE WASTER WATER OPERATOR
grade II wastewater technician (Current Employee), Burlingame, CAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: great schedule 4/10
Cons: cost of living is high in area.
I MANAGE A GT, GBT, BP/ CENTRIFUGE.AND DIGESTER. I MANAGE EITHER LOCALLY OR REMOTELY USING SCADA. I COLLECT GRAB SAMPLES THROUGH OUT THE DAY AND PERFORM LAB TEST TO DETERMINE NORMAL OPERATIONS. MAINTAIN PUMPS, VALVS, WEIRS, CLARIFIERS AND RELATED EQUIPMENT. DAILY ROUNDS THROUGHOUT PLANT AND RECORD EQUIPMENT INFORMATION. PULL RAGS AT LIFT STATION AND – more... DERAG BAR SCREENS – less
keeping hard working and responsible worker under Stress,bully and Duress
Supervisor-Operator at Ultraviolet Plants (Former Employee), Edinburgh, SCTFebruary 16, 2014
discrimination all of capable and competent Workers by incompetent and noncapable management and workers,bio hazard and risk to public health by wrong process managing,lazy workers are back stabbing each other and fighting for overtimes,not for life environment like me...nobody feels responsible!!I was fired because of this "sewage Klan"no fancy to – more... see me to passing all of the samples during last 4years!!!ENVY????? – less
It is a sewage plant
Electrical Supervisor (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: the smell
The people were good to work with, but I didn't like New Orleans. A typical work day was troubleshooting the SCADA system for problems with communication between devices and the control room.
Management was like any other place, It had good & bad points. Hardest part of the job was dealing with human waste. The most enjoyable part of the job was the – more... people. – less
AP/Billing Department - Horrible Place to Work - RUN!!!!!!
Billing Specialist/Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: manager / supervisors / upper management / hr
The manager was so insecure that she would not do her part of the job to service our internal customer. She would change things in the system and say that an employee did it. Per the supervisor, if the manager do not like you she will not do what's needed to finish your work. The manager is a control freak and will allow the supervisors to belittle – more... the staff. No need to go to Human Resources they are a joke they are for the managers, they do not care about the employees. The manager is so nasty and does not allow staff to grow, she lies on the employees and talk down to staff. The hardest part of the job is to look at management and know that she do not have the employees best interest at heart. The manager wants to sabotage the department. Upper management puts a blind eye on the situation and will not intervene. Poor upper management leadership leads to poor managers leads to poor supervisor leads to POOR Company to work for - RUN!!!!! – less
productive and fun place to work
Water Plant Operator (Former Employee), Durban, ZNDecember 25, 2013
Pros: free luch
Cons: changing of sand and carbon filters
Good day
Purification of municipal water to treated water.
management was okay.
Co-workers were good
Starting plant at in the morning .
The work was ok but the Mangement is ruining the company.
Production Manager (Former Employee), Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaOctober 30, 2013
Worked for this company in Saudi Arabia. The Management is dominated by Palestinian/Jordanians. They made sure every other nationality left the company. The Managing Director employed his brother in law as Country Manager, his Syrian nephew who cannot speak English as facilities manager. At the time i left the company they had more Jordanians than the – more... Jordanian Embassy in Riyadh.
When Veolia bought the previous company METITO. It was the leader in Water Treatment in the Gulf region but those guys are running the company to ground while Paris is clueless.
The competition is having a good time guys!

Paris H/Q please check those guys in Riyadh. – less

January 29, 2014

I have heard you cannot work in Saudi Arabia for this company unless you are Jordanian/Palestinian or Syrian. Where are the people from H/Q to do something about this?

March 10, 2014

Am not sure if Veolia Paris is aware of what is going on at Veolia Saudi Arabia. A good Multinational company well respected all over the world is given a bad name by Palestinians and Jordanians who have made good Engineers from India,Philipinese, South Africa and Kenya leave the company. I was very disappointed by how the company was ruined by the choice of Managing Director from Jordan. The worst possible choice!

Productive, knowledge based, diversity
Electrical Engineering Manager (Current Employee), Preston, ENGOctober 23, 2013
Pros: supports form managers, diversity of work
Cons: long hours (ocassionally)
Typical bid an design management role in growing business.
good job
Production Technician (Former Employee), Oswego, NYOctober 3, 2013
saftey was top proiority treatd very well was very easy going atmosphere . plant was very well maintanied.
Global Network
Project Manager (Former Employee), Paris, A8August 29, 2013
Global Opportunities, many opportunities for staff development
ok
Plant Operator (Former Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 7, 2013
Pros: hasmaz
Cons: shorten life span
work was always challenging what I learned was more lab experience management was willing to show me new job co-workers worked as a team to do the job every day the most challenging part of my day was when a pump or part of plant wood brake the best part of my day was after start up when every thing started up with no problem
more enthusiam in a grave yard
SHEQ (Former Employee), DonaghadeeApril 17, 2013
Pros: money for old rope
Cons: alienation, had to pay expenses out of your own pocket, no management support
most of what went on was like the secret squirrel society with very little communication and everyone living in their own little world and with no one having a clue who done what or why most of all those in control.
I Enjoyed learning about Waste Water with Veolia
Grade I Operator (Former Employee), Arvin, CAJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: paid lunches
Cons: but if an emergency was to arise you have to drop you lunch immediately and handle problem.
My typical Day at Veolia started with morning stretches with co-workers and discussing previous day water flows. Then we would talk about plan of attack and each worker would be assigned a task or duty that would last him or her the whole day.
Good
Network Administrator (Former Employee), Paris, A8October 10, 2012
The pay is not great at all, and the benefits only become available if you start working 30+ hours a week. The work environment is great, because you get to work with great people. And as for job security, it is high and is based on how often you call in (they use a point system).

About Veolia Water

Veolia ES Solid Waste Services is cleaning up in the waste management market. A unit of Veolia Environmental Services North America, – Read more