Veolia Water Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
was a great place to work
sub-contractor (Former Employee), Cornwall, Aylesbury and AberdeenJanuary 21, 2016
Before being made redundent was a fantastic place to work,
Varied jobs and allowed to progress within the company. 5 star
great company
Operator III (Former Employee), Chalmette, LAJanuary 1, 2016
Pros: job security and pay
Cons: healthcare
I enjoyed all 12 years with the company. they seem to love the service they provide to there customer. In my 12 years i was never denied a vacation or time off,my supervisor was one of the best he really worked with each employee.
Veolia Water is a solid firm to work with.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Virgin IslandsNovember 18, 2015
Pros: Professional
Cons: None
Veolia Water is a great firm that I worked with on a Contract basis building Waste Water Treatment Plants in St. Thomas and St Croix.

They treat everyone fairly and with respect.
A great team working together for a common cause
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Fairfield, NSWSeptember 18, 2015
Pros: Great team to work with, new facilities including indoor and outdoor eating areas and a BBQ
Cons: Work is very reliant on the climate - once the drought breaks staff demand drops significantly.
My role here occurred during the construction, commissioning and first 6 months of operation of a new plant. As a result everyone was on new ground, and that lead to a great atmosphere of mutual learning from each other. The boss often shouted lunch, or we had a BBQ on site.

While my role was a stable 8-4, most of the team took turns at being on call, hence I couldn't give 5 stars for Work/Life Balance, but this is the nature of a plant that can't be easily shut down and restarted. It was better, I'm sure, than most in that Veolia arranged remote monitoring so the staff could monitor the plant from home, as long as they lived close enough to come in if things went wrong.

Pay was reasonable for me as a contractor (through a labour hire company), but the permanent staff were paid extremely well.

The poor job security was based not only on my being on a fixed term contract (even though it was extended repeatedly) but because there were widespread layoffs throughout the organisation when the drought broke and many plants went from an operational phase to a non-operational, minimal maintenance phase.
Was a lousy place to work management weak
Industrial Wastewater Plant Operator (Former Employee), Bettendorf, IASeptember 3, 2015
Management could cuss at you tell you were an A@@ hole management encouraged employees to screw over fellow employees human resources would not help they would just tell you to go back to your supervisor they were located in different state
Productive and well organized work place
Technical Consultant (Current Employee), Jeddah, KSAAugust 27, 2015
Productive and well organized work place
cooperative multicultural organization,
open chance to communicate with broad band of clients and expertise
plant operator and process K O H
Plant Operator (Former Employee), Lemont, ILMay 12, 2015
Pros: the company has great benefits
Cons: mandated overtime of 12 hour days and many 6 day work weeks
the plant is geared for 2 shifts and the management was NOT able to keep employees.
the work load and responsibility is too great for 1 employee
Its big Organisation
Senior Shift Engineer (Current Employee), Hong KongApril 21, 2015
A big operation and Maintenance Team , I Utilize my Knowledge and experience and develope the organisation Ultimately my career also improved.
Provides a challenging and rewarding experience.
maintenance I&E technician (Current Employee), Calvert, ALApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great to work for.
Cons: Wages not comparable for same position in this area.
I am a member of the maintenance team where we provide Instrumentation and Electrical support for the Waste Water Treatment facility in Thyssen Krupp Steel Mill.
Extremely Productive Environment-
Water Quality Analytical Chemist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: no bonus
Great place to learn new skills and apply them. Great manager staff that will help you succeed in becoming a more innovative thinker. increase skill sets. Freedom to learn new methods and get involved.
Appreciate mini breaks throughout the day.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Oak Creek, WIFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: plenty of work to keep everyone busy.
Cons: need more employees.
Great place to work, enjoyed the friendship. Learned more every day because everyone can learn something new, coming to work was enjoyable; co-workers were cooperative.
Great company to work for
Senior 3D Piping Designer (Current Employee), Plainfield, ILDecember 4, 2014
I would go back. Great people. Team work. Helping each other. I would work there if I were a junior looking for work. One of the best companies I ever worked for.
Implementation of safety standars
HSSE Lead (Former Employee), Muscat, MASeptember 26, 2014
work hard
help to employees
enjoyed meeting Induction people
enjoyed safety culture
Time mangement
Water treatment technicien (Former Employee), Narbonne, A9September 15, 2014
First job in water treatment.

Lot of experiences thanks to other workers.

Good experiences
Depends on position and company within Veolia
Process Engineer/Commissioning Field Engineer (Former Employee), Cary, NCJune 8, 2014
Pros: a lot of good people
Cons: promotions, based on friendships, not job performance, unqualified, people promoted as supervisors when others with seniority and better qualifications are passed up.
A great place to work. Very diverse atmosphere with new technologies. Good place to start a career.
Enjoyable Atmosphere & Great Colleagues
Document Controller (Current Employee), Modderfontein, GPMay 13, 2014
I usually start my at about 6:30.
First things first, read and attend to all e-mails that need immediate attention.
Start the updating of registers
Send out transmittals (When needed)
Make sure that all documents that leave the company via document control have the proper format, headings, correct grammar and spelling.
Start the hand over for the various projects (When needed)
I have a foreign manager, but have found that it is enjoyable to work for him. My co-workers all have a sense of humour, but when we work we work hard.
I think the hardest part of my work is to get people to understand that to keep track of our documentation it has to come through document control.
The most enjoyable part of my work is getting something approved or getting a great review on something that I have worked hard on.
Very Productive and friendly work environment
Pipe Welder (Former Employee), Vandalia, OHMay 4, 2014
Veolia Water was a very good place to work. It kept me very productive and it was very laid back work, very enjoyable. Co-workers and upper management were very professional and friendly. Sometimes the tasks were challenging, but that is always something to look forward to in this career field. I learned better techniques and welding knowledge from this company and it was a pleasure.
A very differnet envirorment
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Jackson, MIMarch 27, 2014
Coming from the air force to veolia water was interesting.Most of the other workers were ex navy since it was a power plant.I learned a lot while i was there.
Productive atmosphere full of opportunities to advance environmental/ health and safety experience
o Safety Coordinator/Plant Operator (Current Employee), Yukon, OKMarch 11, 2014
A typical day at work involves conducting water and waste water lab tests to ensure compliance with the Department of Environmental Quality, performing preventive maintenance on plant equipment, and monitoring and logging operational data.
GRADE WASTER WATER OPERATOR
grade II wastewater technician (Current Employee), Burlingame, CAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: great schedule 4/10
Cons: cost of living is high in area.
I MANAGE A GT, GBT, BP/ CENTRIFUGE.AND DIGESTER. I MANAGE EITHER LOCALLY OR REMOTELY USING SCADA. I COLLECT GRAB SAMPLES THROUGH OUT THE DAY AND PERFORM LAB TEST TO DETERMINE NORMAL OPERATIONS. MAINTAIN PUMPS, VALVS, WEIRS, CLARIFIERS AND RELATED EQUIPMENT. DAILY ROUNDS THROUGHOUT PLANT AND RECORD EQUIPMENT INFORMATION. PULL RAGS AT LIFT STATION AND DERAG BAR SCREENS