Veolia Water Employee Reviews

Ever changing environment with new challenges daily
Wastewater/ Power & Energy Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 22, 2016
Very exciting work environment that is continually changing. I enjoy the many different facets of the job, working with Human Relations, Safety, Maintenance, purchasing and many more highly qualified individuals.
Pros
Mentally stimulating environment
Cons
no room for advancement opportunities
Boring and long days (12s)
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAFebruary 16, 2016
It takes 3 months to accumulate 1 sick day. Accumulating vacation only takes 2 months to get 1 day. Terrible. There is no training curriculum at all. Very poor leadership from management; a supervisor continues to drive away operators but the supervisor stays employed, get the hint Veolia. I'm working on getting a new job and wouldn't recommend this job to anybody.
Pros
work half the year
Cons
vacation, sick time, poor leadership from management
Flexible work environment
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARApril 3, 2016
My job consisted of working 2-3 hours a week testing the heating and cooling systems for Harding University. Although the hours were low, my supervisors were very helpful and left me to do my job. The workplace was small but private which let me focus on my work.
Pros
Set my own work schedule
Cons
Low hours
Good place to find out what the industry is like
Operator (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAJuly 21, 2016
It's a good company,for some. For other's your success in the company is solely based on who you know and not your work performance.
Pros
Your working
Cons
No structure in the work place
great company
Operator III (Former Employee) –  Chalmette, LAJanuary 1, 2016
I enjoyed all 12 years with the company. they seem to love the service they provide to there customer. In my 12 years i was never denied a vacation or time off,my supervisor was one of the best he really worked with each employee.
Pros
job security and pay
Cons
healthcare
Veolia Water is a solid firm to work with.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Virgin IslandsNovember 18, 2015
Veolia Water is a great firm that I worked with on a Contract basis building Waste Water Treatment Plants in St. Thomas and St Croix.

They treat everyone fairly and with respect.
Pros
Professional
Cons
was a great place to work
sub-contractor (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, Aylesbury and AberdeenJanuary 21, 2016
Before being made redundent was a fantastic place to work,
Varied jobs and allowed to progress within the company. 5 star
Was a lousy place to work management weak
Industrial Wastewater Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IASeptember 3, 2015
Management could cuss at you tell you were an A@@ hole management encouraged employees to screw over fellow employees human resources would not help they would just tell you to go back to your supervisor they were located in different state
Productive and well organized work place
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jeddah, KSAAugust 27, 2015
Productive and well organized work place
cooperative multicultural organization,
open chance to communicate with broad band of clients and expertise
Provides a challenging and rewarding experience.
maintenance I&E technician (Current Employee) –  Calvert, ALApril 14, 2015
I am a member of the maintenance team where we provide Instrumentation and Electrical support for the Waste Water Treatment facility in Thyssen Krupp Steel Mill.
Pros
Great to work for.
Cons
Wages not comparable for same position in this area.
plant operator and process K O H
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Lemont, ILMay 12, 2015
the plant is geared for 2 shifts and the management was NOT able to keep employees.
the work load and responsibility is too great for 1 employee
Pros
the company has great benefits
Cons
mandated overtime of 12 hour days and many 6 day work weeks
Extremely Productive Environment-
Water Quality Analytical Chemist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 25, 2015
Great place to learn new skills and apply them. Great manager staff that will help you succeed in becoming a more innovative thinker. increase skill sets. Freedom to learn new methods and get involved.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
no bonus
Appreciate mini breaks throughout the day.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIFebruary 26, 2015
Great place to work, enjoyed the friendship. Learned more every day because everyone can learn something new, coming to work was enjoyable; co-workers were cooperative.
Pros
plenty of work to keep everyone busy.
Cons
need more employees.
GRADE WASTER WATER OPERATOR
grade II wastewater technician (Current Employee) –  Burlingame, CAFebruary 27, 2014
I MANAGE A GT, GBT, BP/ CENTRIFUGE.AND DIGESTER. I MANAGE EITHER LOCALLY OR REMOTELY USING SCADA. I COLLECT GRAB SAMPLES THROUGH OUT THE DAY AND PERFORM LAB TEST TO DETERMINE NORMAL OPERATIONS. MAINTAIN PUMPS, VALVS, WEIRS, CLARIFIERS AND RELATED EQUIPMENT. DAILY ROUNDS THROUGHOUT PLANT AND RECORD EQUIPMENT INFORMATION. PULL RAGS AT LIFT STATION AND DERAG BAR SCREENS
Pros
great schedule 4/10
Cons
cost of living is high in area.
keeping hard working and responsible worker under Stress,bully and Duress
Supervisor-Operator at Ultraviolet Plants (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, SCTFebruary 16, 2014
discrimination all of capable and competent Workers by incompetent and noncapable management and workers,bio hazard and risk to public health by wrong process managing,lazy workers are back stabbing each other and fighting for overtimes,not for life environment like me...nobody feels responsible!!I was fired because of this "sewage Klan"no fancy to see me to passing all of the samples during last 4years!!!ENVY?????
Very Productive and friendly work environment
Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHMay 4, 2014
Veolia Water was a very good place to work. It kept me very productive and it was very laid back work, very enjoyable. Co-workers and upper management were very professional and friendly. Sometimes the tasks were challenging, but that is always something to look forward to in this career field. I learned better techniques and welding knowledge from this company and it was a pleasure.
It is a sewage plant
Electrical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 27, 2014
The people were good to work with, but I didn't like New Orleans. A typical work day was troubleshooting the SCADA system for problems with communication between devices and the control room.
Management was like any other place, It had good & bad points. Hardest part of the job was dealing with human waste. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
benefits
Cons
the smell
I Enjoyed learning about Waste Water with Veolia
Grade I Operator (Former Employee) –  Arvin, CAJanuary 17, 2013
My typical Day at Veolia started with morning stretches with co-workers and discussing previous day water flows. Then we would talk about plan of attack and each worker would be assigned a task or duty that would last him or her the whole day.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
but if an emergency was to arise you have to drop you lunch immediately and handle problem.
Enjoyable Atmosphere & Great Colleagues
Document Controller (Current Employee) –  Modderfontein, GPMay 13, 2014
I usually start my at about 6:30.
First things first, read and attend to all e-mails that need immediate attention.
Start the updating of registers
Send out transmittals (When needed)
Make sure that all documents that leave the company via document control have the proper format, headings, correct grammar and spelling.
Start the hand over for the various projects (When needed)
I have a foreign manager, but have found that it is enjoyable to work for him. My co-workers all have a sense of humour, but when we work we work hard.
I think the hardest part of my work is to get people to understand that to keep track of our documentation it has to come through document control.
The most enjoyable part of my work is getting something approved or getting a great review on something that I have worked hard on.
Depends on position and company within Veolia
Process Engineer/Commissioning Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 8, 2014
A great place to work. Very diverse atmosphere with new technologies. Good place to start a career.
Pros
a lot of good people
Cons
promotions, based on friendships, not job performance, unqualified, people promoted as supervisors when others with seniority and better qualifications are passed up.