PURPOSE: To perform any maintenance repair functions associated with and/or required on the company fleet as directed. Maintains such records as required for the purpose of costing, inventory control, scheduling and tracking of equipment maintenance on all work performed The Service Person will take direction, guidance and training from the mechanic who shall be responsible for inspection and verifying the work completed meets all required standards.
- Maintain records of maintenance performed, parts and supplies used. Ensure vehicle operators have access to necessary supplies such as fuel, oil and other fluids
- Ensure chemicals are stored in accordance with WHMIS requirements and procedures. Ensure compliance with environmental and occupational safety and health requirements. Maintain adequate security precautions for facility, fleet, tools and equipment under their care.
- Should understand the mechanics of the vehicle maintenance system so as to ensure the efficiency of processing work orders/information required
- Assist in performing scheduled and emergency maintenance to fleet in accordance with established practices under mechanics supervision.
- Assist in performing brake, & safety & inspections in accordance with Ministry and company standards under a mechanics supervision
- Assist in performing emergency road breakdown repairs. May provide trouble shooting advice to vehicle operators.
- Assist in performing inspections and repairs to wheelchair or other ramps, under a mechanics supervision. Ensure safety equipment associated with devices and restraints are in good working order
- Perform repairs and assist in the maintenance of buildings and property
- May assist in inclement weather in ensuring fleet starts and is in proper condition to meet service hours.
- Maintain clean and safe workplace
- Assist in the maintenance of the stock room clean and organized
- Participate in inventory counts
- General knowledge or familiarity with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and the regulations that apply to this work.
- Above average knowledge in the use of garage/shop equipment - i.e. tire machine, wheel balancing machine, pressure washer, vehicle hoists, tow motors, etc.
- Must have minimum of one year related experience in the Automotive industry, specifically towing, moving and recovery of vehicles, as well as, minor vehicle repairs (i.e. light bulbs, oil and filter changes, tire repairs, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned by Maintenance Manager or Maintenance Supervisors
Conditions of Employment:
Must have minimum of one year related experience in the bus or automotive industry, as well as minor vehicle repairs (i.e. light bulbs, oil and filter changes, tire repairs, etc.)
High School - Courses in parts management/inventory control or willing to attend courses to gain these skills
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE:
Experience with gasoline and diesel preferred. In some locations, hydraulic and pneumatic and air conditioning experience would be an asset. Must hold a valid driver’s license and have the ability to be trained to a CZ qualification... Must be able to properly complete written work orders and communicate with management, dispatch and drivers. Must have strong communication/organizational skills. Basic computer skills are required
- Garage & Office environment
Indeed - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard
Transdev is a leading public transport company, delivering high quality transport services around the world.
Our teams use our wealth of...