Our client is seeking an Operations Controller to add to their team. The successful candidate will have strong technical skills and will have successfully completed their accounting designation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzing and processing data in order to explain tendencies, variations and deviation
- Analyzing budget and strategic plan performances
- Preparing and presenting monthly financials (sales profits, volumes sold, price variation impacts, production costs, profitability, productivity, expenses vs. budget forecasts)
- Prepare sales forecasts, budget expenses and capital needs on a regular basis
- Monitor investment costs and expenses and measure profitability of operations
- Regularly update financial forecasts, identifying deviations, analyzing causes and taking necessary corrective measures
- Analyze various investment possibilities with respect to profitability levels and determine necessary financing compared with costs
- Provide relevant data to guide management decisions and define profitability standards for projects and follow up on projects to ensure project forecasts are being met
- Verification of billing accuracy and compiled costs
- Ensure strict conformity to contracts regarding pricing, billing method and other contractual terms
- Oversee monthly billing process and ensure follow up on accounts receivable
- Communicate financial results in a clear and concise manner for the team, identify methods for improved profitability and propose strategies to maximize the use of assets and reduce costs
- Work closely with team members to constantly improve financial processes
- Develops financial systems and efficient procedures to meet the needs of the group for a more efficient analyses of performance
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar position, preferably in an industrial field
- CMA, CA or CGA accounting designation
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (Finance / Accounting) or Engineering (an MBA is an asset)
- Knowledge of computerized systems, strong Excel skills
- Strong communication skills, team player with the desire to grow within an organization
An excellent opportunity awaits the successful candidate. If you feel this could be the perfect fit, please send your resume.
All applications will be kept in the strictest of confidence.