Our client provides world-class products and services for the industrial and commercial process applications in Western Canada. They are looking to add a Director of Finance and Administration to their rapidly growing team. The position is based in Calgary and reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
The sucessful candidate has managed a variety of functional teams, including Information Services, Accounting & Finance, Inventory and Research and Development. The environment in which the successful candidate excels is one with an open door, open mind and collaborative approach.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete budgeting, reporting and cash flow forecasting for the Executive Team.
- Oversee Inventory Management and the reconciliation of same.
- Take the lead in documenting procedures as it relates to functional responsibilities.
- Manage a team in excess of 4 direct reports (20 total reports) including Information Services, Accounting & Finance, Inventory and Research & Development
- Establish and maintain relationships with individuals or business customers or provide assistance with problems these customers may encounter.
- Establish procedures for custody or control of assets, records, loan collateral, or securities to ensure safekeeping.
- Examine, evaluate, or process loan applications.
- Prepare financial or regulatory reports required by laws, regulations, or the company Executive.
- Recruit staff members and oversee development of the direct reports.
- Review collection reports to determine the status of collections and the amounts of outstanding balances.
- Preparation and review of quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met.
- Prepare all supporting information for the external auditors as necessary.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation.
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate.
- Handling department specific legal communication/requirements and contract management.
- A professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA).
- A minimum of 5-10 years’ experience as a Director of Finance in a company in excess of $250 million in revenue. A Manufacturing and/or Distribution environment would be preferred.
- Strong technical accounting skills US and CDN GAAP.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and internal stakeholders by providing financial expertise and advice that supports the achievement of the business objectives.
- Experience in acquisitions and amalgamation of financial systems.
- Experience in legal correspondence/requirements, contract management and reviewing/developing terms & conditions.
- Integration of multiple systems including but not limited to Enterprise Resource Planning (E.R.P.) and C.R.M. (Customer Relationship Management) programs.
- Capable of managing special projects and analysis as requested by and required for the organization.
- Ability to easily communicate with all levels in the organization.
- Displays excellent interpersonal and communications skills. Highly self-motivated individual with ability to also motivate others.
- Ability to mentor team members on effective processes, controls and best practices related to the financial operations and modern controllership principles and practices.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Displays a passion for continuous learning and development.
- Wants to work in an environment that rewards initiative, fosters open communication and practices a ‘Work Hard – Play Hard’ approach to life
The position offers a base salary and a generous compensation package. If you are looking for a secure and highly regarded company as well as the ability to grow personally and professionally then the is the position for you.
Interested candidates should submit their resume.
Indeed - 10 months ago
Venture Staffing is a full-service staffing agency servicing Calgary and the surrounding area. We specialize in Accounting & Finance,...