Our client provides world-class products and services for the industrial and commercial process applications in Western Canada. They are looking to add a Director of Finance and Administration to their rapidly growing team. The position is based in Calgary and reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
The sucessful candidate has managed a variety of functional teams, including Information Services, Accounting & Finance, Inventory and Research and Development. The environment in which the successful candidate excels is one with an open door, open mind and collaborative approach.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete budgeting, reporting and cash flow forecasting for the Executive Team.
- Oversee Inventory Management and the reconciliation of same.
- Take the lead in documenting procedures as it relates to functional responsibilities.
- Manage a team in excess of 4 direct reports (20 total reports) including Information Services, Accounting & Finance, Inventory and Research & Development
- Establish and maintain relationships with individuals or business customers or provide assistance with problems these customers may encounter.
- Establish procedures for custody or control of assets, records, loan collateral, or securities to ensure safekeeping.
- Examine, evaluate, or process loan applications.
- Prepare financial or regulatory reports required by laws, regulations, or the company Executive.
- Recruit staff members and oversee development of the direct reports.
- Review collection reports to determine the status of collections and the amounts of outstanding balances.
- Preparation and review of quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met.
- Prepare all supporting information for the external auditors as necessary.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation.
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate.
- Handling department specific legal communication/requirements and contract management.
- A professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA).
- A minimum of 5-10 years’ experience as a Director of Finance in a company in excess of $250 million in revenue. A Manufacturing and/or Distribution environment would be preferred.
- Strong technical accounting skills US and CDN GAAP.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and internal stakeholders by providing financial expertise and advice that supports the achievement of the business objectives.
- Experience in acquisitions and amalgamation of financial systems.
- Experience in legal correspondence/requirements, contract management and reviewing/developing terms & conditions.
- Integration of multiple systems including but not limited to Enterprise Resource Planning (E.R.P.) and C.R.M. (Customer Relationship Management) programs.
- Capable of managing special projects and analysis as requested by and required for the organization.
- Ability to easily communicate with all levels in the organization.
- Displays excellent interpersonal and communications skills. Highly self-motivated individual with ability to also motivate others.
- Ability to mentor team members on effective processes, controls and best practices related to the financial operations and modern controllership principles and practices.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Displays a passion for continuous learning and development.
- Wants to work in an environment that rewards initiative, fosters open communication and practices a ‘Work Hard – Play Hard’ approach to life
The position offers a base salary and a generous compensation package. If you are looking for a secure and highly regarded company as well as the ability to grow personally and professionally then the is the position for you.
Interested candidates should submit their resume.
Venture Staffing is a full-service staffing agency servicing Calgary and the surrounding area. We specialize in Accounting & Finance, Land,...