- The I.T. Support Specialist is responsible for maintaining all aspects of the computer systems, servers, and computer stations within the facility and any related and appropriate projects. Takes care of cell phones as required.
- The I.T. Support Specialist should possess an excellent understanding of computer hardware and related software, network administration and peripheral devices such as printers and scanners.
- Grade 12 diploma
- Appropriate community college or university degree in a computer related field or suitable work experience
- Working knowledge of company installed computer programs and network
- Excellent communications skills and technical skills on latest hardware/software.
- Minimum 3-5yrs experience in an IT / Network field
- Responsible for knowing, upholding and enforcing the Health and Safety Policy and for working in a safe manner and reporting all unsafe or unhealthy conditions and /or acts.
- Complies with Flex|N|Gate policies and procedures.
- Creating and deleting users
- Assigning and changing permissions to users
- Creating shares for individuals and groups
- Maintaining DNS (Domain Name Service)
- Maintaining DHCP services
- Monitoring network utilization
- Installation of the Server operating systems
- Monitoring server resources and reliability
- Upgrading necessary software and hardware
- Replacing broken parts
- Configuring new systems
- Upgrading old systems
- Maintain spare parts stock
- Purchasing PCs, servers and replacement parts(3 quotes for every purchase)
- Monitoring efficiency of the e-mail server
- Cleaning and filtering spam messages (Barracuda)
- Installation of clients
- Training for new employees
- Accessibility over the Internet worldwide (OWA)
- Creating and deleting users
- Installation, maintenance and upgrades
- Monitoring mailboxes: size, access
RAS-VPN (Remote access)
- Configuration for the remote access to the network
- Security monitoring
- Users training
- Daily, weekly, monthly and yearly backups
- Maintenance of intranet
- FTP server maintenance and security
- Firewall troubleshooting, maintenance and upgrades
- Router troubleshooting, maintenance and upgrades
- Internet traffic monitoring and maintain bandwidth
- Maintain and update on Antivirus software
- Monitor WAN connections
- Manage licensing of all software
- Printer installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
Maintain CMS devices
- Support all shop floor scanners, terminals, PCs and label printers
- Maintain and troubleshoot RF devices
- Provide support for MS Office products, and any existing or new products purchased by Flex-N-Gate
Documentation of Procedures
- Develop and maintain a documentation book for installation of various software and backup procedures.
Maintain Spare Parts Inventory
- Maintain a spare parts inventory.
- IT staff is required to provide support 24 x 7
Indeed - 8 months ago
Ventra Plastics Windsor is a division of Flex|N|Gate.
For more information on this and other opportunities, please visit our Corporate...