Ventana Construction Corporation is a general contractor and construction manager that has been operating in British Columbia since 1987. We work hard to establish strong relationships with our clients, architects, consultants, sub-trades and we are known for providing the highest level of service possible to each of our clients from the initial consultation all the way through to occupancy.
We are looking for a Construction Safety Officer to join our growing safety team.
As CSO, you will support the Project Superintendent on-site throughout the construction phase. Your primary responsibility will be to promote a culture of jobsite safety, where safety is everyone's responsibility. You will have a proven track record of successfully managing safety operations at large scale commercial, industrial and / or multi-unit residential projects. You will be adaptable and resilient to changing environments with an ability to manage the unexpected. You will be focused, results-driven and have highly developed interpersonal and communication skills and is able to interact effectively with everyone, both internally and externally.
The right candidate will have a good attitude and work ethic and must be willing to assist the superintendent with miscellaneous manual work and light carpentry.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Certified Construction Safety Officer (CSO)
- Occupational First Aid Level II (OFA 2)
- Experienced at conducting thorough site inspections
- Proactive in identifying hazards and implementing corrective measures
- Good knowledge of WorksafeBC regulations, policies, guidelines and standards
- Able to keep detailed and accurate safety records
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptable and able to use good judgement
If you take pride in your work, and are committed to promoting safety in the workplace then we're interested in hearing from you.