About the Role
We are looking for Systems Engineers highly experienced in managing and building systems for cloud based deployments. Using the latest in open source technologies, you will design and build infrastructure which will have a direct impact on how global companies use and manage their financial data. Our technology enables companies around the world to manage their spreadsheets, data and workflow in a centralized cloud based application.
At Vena you will be responsible for scaling, managing and instrumenting our internal and external infrastructure. You will work in small teams with Software Development Engineers to enable innovative features, tools and automation. As a Systems Engineer no two days are exactly the same, one day you could be involved in investigating critical issues in the application, while another instrumenting automation into our continuous deployments or building custom monitoring into our cloud application to detect issues before they become a problem.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field and/or equivalent practical experience;
- 3 years relevant work experience, including programming/scripting skills in various languages.
- 6 years relevant work experience, including in a high-volume or critical production service;
- Deep experience with SQL and NoSQL database environments;
- Strong background in working with AWS or Azure;
- Deep understanding of REST, HTTP and networks;
- Passion for technology and continuous learning;
- Strong background in various programming languages (Java, PHP, C, etc.);
- Proven technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience;
- Excellent analytical skills, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Vena Solutions delivers the most flexible performance management solution available for budgeting, forecasting, planning, reporting, analytics, and other mission-critical finance and accounting processes to large and mid-market companies globally.
Vena’s unified web-based software platform embraces all the power and flexibility of Microsoft Excel® yet provides powerful workflow management, control and reporting capabilities.
This unique approach is complemented by a dedicated consulting, advisory and training team. The result is fast time to benefit, lower cost of ownership, and a solution that is easily managed by clients.