Vena Solutions delivers the most flexible performance management solution available for budgeting, forecasting, planning, reporting, analytics, and other mission-critical finance and accounting processes to large and mid-market companies globally.
Vena’s unified web-based software platform embraces all the power and flexibility of Microsoft Excel® yet provides powerful workflow management, control and reporting capabilities.
This unique approach is complemented by a dedicated consulting, advisory and training team. The result is fast time to benefit, lower cost of ownership, and a solution that is easily managed by clients.
About the Role
Can you build large-scale, Linux or Windows based services in a highly-available, enterprise environment? If so, then we want to hear from you! We're looking for a Systems Administrator/Engineer with experience working with Linux or Windows OS/services administration and scripting/automation. In this position you will help architect, implement and support solutions for Vena’s global infrastructure, working with AWS and other Amazon tool sets. To be successful in this position you should be skilled in Linux or Windows, core infrastructure services (Email, Web, etc), scripting/automation, as well as have a customer-centric focus and be comfortable taking initiative.
- Architect, execute and manage Vena software builds for test and production environments;
- Build, optimize and manage Vena’s hosted SaaS presence;
- Improve the scalability and reliability of our AWS deployment;
- Maintain the health, stability and security of our growing production cluster ;
- Produce, enhance and execute our deployment automated scripts;
- Install, upgrade and augment server and application monitoring;
- Work in concert with the development teams to troubleshoot production issues;
- Collaborate with development and QA to tune our production cluster;
- Work closely with Product Development, QA and Product Management to build a robust and
scalable product and service offering with high customer satisfaction.
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and/or
- 2+ years’ experience in Systems Administration;
- Strong Windows or Linux, etc
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS);
- Competent scripting ability;
- 2+ years’ experience managing databases and application servers;
- Experience in security and hardening of systems;
- Ability to analyse systems and running applications for performance and monitoring;
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Strong organizational capability.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Local candidates only. No agencies please.