About the Role
A Vena Database ETL Developer designs, develops and supports Corporate Performance Management (CPM) solutions. You will assist with data analysis, construct technical designs, develop ETL applications, communicate with team members and external clients and support existing ETL applications.
You thrive in a fast-paced, client-centric, entrepreneurial environment. Ideally, you love a challenge and are innovative, creative, analytical and proactive in building solutions to our client’s complex situations.
- Design, develop and support all database objects required for reporting and integrations
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of data and applications through analysis, coding and writing clear documentation
- Perform relational and multi-dimensional modeling and schema creation
- Development of cube dimensions, measure groups, calculations and any data management code for the positioning schemes
- Design all extraction and integration processes
- Implement execution framework, including reporting, auditing and alerting
- Perform data analysis and propose and ensure transformation covers all data possibilities including managing data anomalies
- Provide in-depth troubleshooting skills to assist in resolving errors and performance issues in both ETL and reporting databases
- Develop detailed test plans so that unit and integration testing is comprehensive and meets all possible data outcomes
- Develop and maintain data movement rules, so that the ETL process is clearly defined at every level and data lineage is clearly communicated to business users
- Remain current on integrated product developments that translate to environmental or code modifications
- Lead the ongoing development of technical best practices for data movement, data quality, data cleansing and other ETL-related activities.
- Provide technical knowledge of Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) solutions for CPM projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to lead meetings with technical peers regarding the solution designs.
- Ability to perform ETL development, and supervise and guide ETL development activities of other developers
- Ability to write complex SQL queries
- Support current implementations
- Ability to write .NET C# code on an as needed basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or closely related field
- 4+ years’ experience in ETL application development
- 2+ years’ experience in ETL design
- 3+ years’ experience in a BI (Data Warehouse and cube) role
- 3+ years’ experience with primary RDBMS
- Expert knowledge of MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS and their capabilities
- Experience in writing and maintaining C# .NET code
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to understand system functionality, process and architecture at a technical and
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Heavily process-oriented
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong, proven individual and team player
- Expert knowledge of Excel
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Oracle Essbase
- Knowledge of SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards
At Vena Solutions, our mission is to help smart companies better manage their data, spreadsheets, and files. Our Software-as-a-Service...