Looking for an exciting career in technology?
VEMCO is the world leader in the design and manufacture of underwater acoustic telemetry transmitters and receivers used in tracking fish and marine mammals. Our company and our industry are growing and this is an exciting time to get involved!
Currently we are seeking an entry level Technical Support Specialist to join our Customer Support team. If you have a technical background, enjoy challenging work and are interested in the health of our oceans and fisheries, we would welcome an opportunity to meet with you.
This is an entry level position. You will report to the Manager of Customer Support. You will be responsible for responding to incoming customer support inquiries form new and existing customers. The type of issues will be extremely varied from helping a customer with their study design or data analysis, to explaining how our equipment works, to facilitating repair and replacements. As an organization, we believe in continual improvement and an important part of your role will be to implement and grow an internal product knowledge database. This database of information will be used to better serve our customers as well help us define the new products of our future.
Required experience and knowledge:
- 2 years post-secondary technology or science education. The Vemco product line is based on the science of acoustic telemetry and electronics and as a technical support rep you will be required to understand and utilize these basic principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Superb grammar and spelling are an absolute must!
- Excellent organizational skills – you will be required to juggle many high priority issues in a fast paced environment
- A knack for technology – you’ll get to play with many cool products!
- Excellent teamwork skills - you’ll need to rely on the knowledge and expertise of many of your co-workers
VEMCO offers an attractive total compensation package to the selected candidate. VEMCO/AMIRIX has been named one of the Top 25 places to work in Atlantic Canada - Why? Because we know how to work and have some fun too!
Interested applicants should submit their resume and covering letter by Feb 8, 2013.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.