This would be an ideal position for a chef or baker interested in following the culinary arts in a little different direction. Good timing and sensory skills are critical to being a good artisan coffee roaster.
Terms of Employment: Hourly
Anticipated Start Date: as soon as possible
We are seeking a quality focused, efficient, organized person for roasting, packaging, and filling orders specialty roasted. Must be proficient with computer software, operating equipment, physically demanding lifting and moving heavy weights, work well within a small team, and be able to complete tasks independently. Drivers Licence (G). Read, Write, Speak English.
Experience: Min 1 year
Key responsibilities and accountability:
1. Green coffee sample evaluation, roasting, grading and cupping.
2. Production roasting to profiles.
3. Printing, filling and packaging retail and wholesale orders.
4. Quality control.
5. Preparing coffee for cupping, brewing and espresso.
5. Cleaning and regular maintenance of equipment and facility.
6. Inventory control and forecasting.
7. Receiving and shipping via courier, Canada Post, and light truck.
Note: applicant must be able to taste and drink coffee.