Reporting to the Manager, Business Development, this is an exciting opportunity to become part of an experienced team of individuals responsible for the development of the Velvet’s assets.
- Work with G&G and operations in developing the yearly and long term capital, operating and production forecasts subject to the constraints of the corporate business plan
- Evaluate and revise development plans, production volumes, capital expenditures and operating expenditure forecasts, timing and economics as required. Ensure that development plans are executed in accordance with the business plan.
- Screen development projects; run economics and risk analysis to confirm the economics meet the corporate economic goals
- Identify and evaluate acquisition/swap opportunities within the core areas
- Perform regional studies (including analyzing competitor data) to improve the understanding of competitor activities, economics, technology and development plans.
- Recommend new ideas or technology to continuously improve development strategies and economic performance of the drilling programs
- Generate risked production profiles and economic type curves for the inventory drilling locations
- Manage and report on quarterly reserve changes for the corporation
- Participate and manage yearly reserves evaluation, reconciliation, management reports and NI 51-101 reporting with independent reserve evaluators
- Liaise with joint venture partners and regulatory agencies as required to ensure success of development plans
- Manage ERCB and other government applications for oil and gas development approval, GPP, holdings etc.
- B.Sc.in Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in exploitation or operations engineering and experience working within an integrated team including Geology, Geophysics and other Engineering disciplines.
- Experience in acquisition evaluations considered an asset.
- Proficiency in Excel, Accumap and Value Navigator or related software would be an asset.
- Self-starter and be able to handle multiple projects at various stages concurrently.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
We offer a competitive compensation package with performance incentives and comprehensive health benefits.
Indeed - 8 months ago
Velvet Energy Ltd. is a private oil and gas exploration company, focused on oil and liquids-rich natural gas in the Deep Basin of Alberta....