Velocity Supply Chain Solutions established operations in Canada in 1997 to provide Transportation and Supply Chain Management services to large petrochemical, utility and industrial corporations.
Velocity Supply Chain Solutions is an industry leader in providing Supply Chain Management solutions including, procurement, inventory management, logistics, and warehousing services to customers across Western Canada. We take care of our customer logistic needs in urban, rural and very remote areas. We do this by both consolidating freight and scheduling deliveries and providing expedited or hotshot services to locations near major centres and locations hundreds and thousands of miles away.
Velocity Supply Chain Solutions is recruiting for a Warehouse Materials Coordinator - Fort McMurray, AB
This position is a 7 days on shift (12 hours daily), 7 days off shift rotation and fly in/fly out (FIFO) from Edmonton, Calgary or Saskatoon to the worksite. Camp accommodation (room and meals) are provided for.
May include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for issuing and distributing material to Suncor Ft Hills operations, as well as shipping and receiving materials as per established Receiving Control Plans
- Forklift operations - loading and unloading trucks, storage of material on racks, yard, etc
- Responsible for the storage of materials in appropriate locations and under appropriate conditions to maximize shelf life and protect from loss
- Play a key role in identifying, reporting, and quarantining non-conformances
- Responsible to ensure all warehouse facilities and equipment are maintained in good operation condition
- Actively participate in and contribute to the Business Controls of the operation
- Responsible for the safe/correct utilization of all tools, equipment and material associated with the position
- Must ensure compliance with TDG, WHMIS, OH&S, and any other regulatory requirements
- Minimum of 1 –3 years warehouse receiving experience
- Forklift experience 3 years - (gas and electric powered)
- experience in the use of a variety of material handling equipment
- SAP experience
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – written and oral
- A willingness to learn new skills and work independently or in team environment
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time effectively
- Valid Alberta Driver’s License
- TDG/WHMIS training and familiarity with OH&S and MSDS
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, and Outlook, inventory control software
Candidates must pass Drug and Alcohol Testing as well as Medical and Functional Testing.
BENEFITS WE OFFER:
Competitive Salary & Benefits package, Employer-Matched RRSP Contributions, and the opportunity to work in a rewarding and challenging environment with a wealth of opportunity for personal & professional growth!
Velocity Supply Chain Solutions is a “Safety First” work environment that gives respect to all employees, offers exceptional opportunities for career advancement and recognizes and rewards the accomplishments of all employees.
* We require everyone to apply on-line or fax with your resume *
We thank all applicants for their interest however only selected candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies, please.