Vector Marketing Employee Reviews

amazing
Sales (Former Employee) –  Canada25 January 2018
great place to work lots of fun great people very flexible chance to make a lot of money and learn lots of the basics of sales would for sure recommend
great chance to build skills and confidence with sales
Senior Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON14 January 2018
Great way to experience sales for an unexperienced individual. There are a lot of educational conferences, and there is a great atmosphere for fostering success. I appreciated building on my skills and weaknesses. Definitely helped me with initiative. This job gave me some great experience for running my own business, and working with clients. On the other hand, your paychecks will be mainly commission based, which starts low for your first few sales. Be prepared to work for every dollar.
Pros
great way to build sales experience
Cons
paychecks are dependent on sales
Job was okay
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 January 2018
This job was okay as my first job as a teenager, it gave me good customer service and provided knowledge on sales. It was difficult having to set up meeting and appoints with people.
Hated it!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 January 2018
When I started I thought it wasn't bad getting a good pay but the way they treat their sales reps is extremely disappointing. If you don't make a sale in a long time they take away your base pay which I'm pretty sure is illegal considering it's guaranteed....ect.
Flexible and good experience
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2017
I had a great time working at Vector Marketing. Working hours are very flexible and the environment is great. It was an overall good learning experience for me.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Distance
Very flexiable workplace
Representative for Cutco (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB6 November 2017
This had a very flexibale hours and was a great experience. the culture at this workplace was great, i got to learn new things, people there were so nice and respectful and cared for you a lot.
Pros
flexiable hours
Cons
payment wasnt so good
Fun to do, not for everyone
July Part Time Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2017
Was a great company to work with, the ability to advance is amazing, however i didn't have the morality to do what their sales plan was. Just wasnt for me.
Commission or wage
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC6 November 2017
It's great that there was a wage available if didn't make a minimum commission each week. The bonuses for hitting certain commissions was excellent. You get what you put into it.
Great people and tons of fun!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2017
The employees you meet are fantastic and you really get a sense of a workplace family/friends. Managers are very encouraging and show real passion for employees. Only cons are building your own customer base through who you know and recommendation limiting some from their true potential. The base pay is actually per appointment not per hour so unless you can make 40 appointments a week and keep all under an 1 to provide time for travel from one to client to another base pay is off the radar.
Pros
Fantastic management, very friendly staff, great training
Cons
Having to find your own customer base and arrange own appointments.
sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 October 2017
if your into self starting and cold calling then this is the job for you. You basically run your own business and the time you put it the more successful you will but it can be demanding setting up meetings with people you dont even know
Pros
free training
Cons
no expenses
Loved the focus on personal growth and development
Costa Mesa district manager / Owner operator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach CA26 October 2017
By far the most fun I've ever had at a job. Traveling with fun and amazing people was awesome. Challenging yet rewarding work. Great product and tons of potential to grow.
Pros
Super fun culture
Cons
Takes over your life
Amazing Culture with draw backs
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC25 October 2017
Vector Marketing is an incredible place to work. The company culture is really energetic and positive which is infectious and appealing. There is a huge opportunity to build wealth and to build an incredible future. In some cases Managers can be too pushy or think they are being supportive but not thinking in terms of what is best for the individual staff member. Upper management is really great and cares about individuals when this attitude applies to direct managers (which I experienced in many cases) this is an incredible plcce to work.
Productive and Excellent Vision Ahead for the representatives
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
I still didn't start to work but I'm currently under training and I would love to say that the manager is very sweet and responsive. She did not make me feel like I'm just a beginner.
Na
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB4 October 2017
I learned and have grown from this job. But other then that I am wanting bigger and a better positive work place for myself. Grateful for the 3 years there but glad to be gone.
Productive Workplace
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 October 2017
Professional business field. Good for entry level work. They teach you the basics of direct selling.You need more people in order to sell more products.
Easy going and do it yourself environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 September 2017
Vector was a good experience because working for them helped me become more proactive and confident as a sales representative as you have to find your own clients and try to sell them the vector product.
Pros
Made me very comfortable in sales
Cons
No guaranteed amount of hours a week, so your pay is up to how much you sell
A rewarding experience, but not for everyone.
Assistant Manager / Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 August 2017
I joined Vector Marketing and was interested about the prospect of making commission. Many were turned off, because you have to make an initial investment, but I decided to run with it. I ended up doing extremely well in my initial weeks and was on track for management. I signed on as an assistant manager, but found that although the experience was great, I preferred my time as a sales rep, since it was a bit more laid back. The constant pressure to sell can be overwhelming to some, and I was honestly just fortunate to have a network of people who could both afford and were interested in the products: really well-made knives! I'd recommend this job to anyone driven to sell a genuinely great product, but beware of the pressure and circumstances that may hinder you.
If you don;t have a car, you would have a disadvantage!
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON31 July 2017
A typical day at work would be going tot the office, learning the tasks, receiving the supplies, preparing for the client interviews at their houses, receiving commission based on how many knives you sold, an how many leads.
Pros
Commission, and sometimes free products.
Cons
If you don't have a car there is a major disadvantage!!!
Redundant, goal oriented workplace
Recruiting Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 July 2017
A typical day at work consists of answering phone calls and scheduling interviews. Without the receptionist, there is technically no company. So it is a lot of responsibility.
Fun but exhausting
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 July 2017
Vector Marketing is responsible to sell and expose Cutco Cutlery to the United States and Canada. The work life at the office is good, and management tries to make everyone know each other. Vector Marketing makes a good opportunity to grow within positions.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
You make your own appointments and receive based on that

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vector Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.