Vector Marketing Employee Reviews

Fun to do, not for everyone
July Part Time Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2017
Was a great company to work with, the ability to advance is amazing, however i didn't have the morality to do what their sales plan was. Just wasnt for me.
Commission or wage
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC6 November 2017
It's great that there was a wage available if didn't make a minimum commission each week. The bonuses for hitting certain commissions was excellent. You get what you put into it.
Great people and tons of fun!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2017
The employees you meet are fantastic and you really get a sense of a workplace family/friends. Managers are very encouraging and show real passion for employees. Only cons are building your own customer base through who you know and recommendation limiting some from their true potential. The base pay is actually per appointment not per hour so unless you can make 40 appointments a week and keep all under an 1 to provide time for travel from one to client to another base pay is off the radar.
Pros
Fantastic management, very friendly staff, great training
Cons
Having to find your own customer base and arrange own appointments.
sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 October 2017
if your into self starting and cold calling then this is the job for you. You basically run your own business and the time you put it the more successful you will but it can be demanding setting up meetings with people you dont even know
Pros
free training
Cons
no expenses
Amazing Culture with draw backs
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC25 October 2017
Vector Marketing is an incredible place to work. The company culture is really energetic and positive which is infectious and appealing. There is a huge opportunity to build wealth and to build an incredible future. In some cases Managers can be too pushy or think they are being supportive but not thinking in terms of what is best for the individual staff member. Upper management is really great and cares about individuals when this attitude applies to direct managers (which I experienced in many cases) this is an incredible plcce to work.
Productive and Excellent Vision Ahead for the representatives
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
I still didn't start to work but I'm currently under training and I would love to say that the manager is very sweet and responsive. She did not make me feel like I'm just a beginner.
Na
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB4 October 2017
I learned and have grown from this job. But other then that I am wanting bigger and a better positive work place for myself. Grateful for the 3 years there but glad to be gone.
Productive Workplace
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 October 2017
Professional business field. Good for entry level work. They teach you the basics of direct selling.You need more people in order to sell more products.
Easy going and do it yourself environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 September 2017
Vector was a good experience because working for them helped me become more proactive and confident as a sales representative as you have to find your own clients and try to sell them the vector product.
Pros
Made me very comfortable in sales
Cons
No guaranteed amount of hours a week, so your pay is up to how much you sell
A rewarding experience, but not for everyone.
Assistant Manager / Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 August 2017
I joined Vector Marketing and was interested about the prospect of making commission. Many were turned off, because you have to make an initial investment, but I decided to run with it. I ended up doing extremely well in my initial weeks and was on track for management. I signed on as an assistant manager, but found that although the experience was great, I preferred my time as a sales rep, since it was a bit more laid back. The constant pressure to sell can be overwhelming to some, and I was honestly just fortunate to have a network of people who could both afford and were interested in the products: really well-made knives! I'd recommend this job to anyone driven to sell a genuinely great product, but beware of the pressure and circumstances that may hinder you.
If you don;t have a car, you would have a disadvantage!
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON31 July 2017
A typical day at work would be going tot the office, learning the tasks, receiving the supplies, preparing for the client interviews at their houses, receiving commission based on how many knives you sold, an how many leads.
Pros
Commission, and sometimes free products.
Cons
If you don't have a car there is a major disadvantage!!!
Redundant, goal oriented workplace
Recruiting Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 July 2017
A typical day at work consists of answering phone calls and scheduling interviews. Without the receptionist, there is technically no company. So it is a lot of responsibility.
Fun but exhausting
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 July 2017
Vector Marketing is responsible to sell and expose Cutco Cutlery to the United States and Canada. The work life at the office is good, and management tries to make everyone know each other. Vector Marketing makes a good opportunity to grow within positions.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
You make your own appointments and receive based on that
Good job
Sales (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 July 2017
Based off of commission mostly but if you dont make a sale you will still get paid for your time. Goes through references only. So you know someone who knows them.
Pros
Paid no matter what
Cons
Hard product to sell
Informal and impersonal yet practical workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 July 2017
Although I welcomed the new skills I developed and enjoyed the chance to meet new people, I found that Vector Marketing's scripted methods of sales denied me a genuine connection with customers.
Pros
Flexible hours, and relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Deceptive wages, and tries to get you to sell products to friends
Great sales experience
Sales Associate & Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 July 2017
Amazing, if not the best sales training and coaching you can get out there. The commissions for sales was very high. If you can handle sales, the sky is the limit for how much money you can make.
Pros
High commissions
Cons
Sales can be difficult
Summer Student Position
Field Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 June 2017
I worked at Cutco for 2 summers, one as a sales rep and one as a field assistant manager. Both summers I sold, yet never saw my friends.Good experience for someone looking to make quick money and advance their career. The company says flexible, but I felt like I was working all the time.
Pros
Good pay, Great people, Entrepreneurial teaching
Cons
No worklife balance, Typical ups-and-downs of sales
Great student opportunity
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON29 June 2017
Working with vector is the ultimate student opportunity; their performance based reward and advancement business model motivates students to push themselves to their limits and rewards them according to their hard work.
Pros
flexible
Cons
long unpaid meetings
Pretty Good
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 June 2017
I haven't worked long for them but they seem alright. Good community, flexible hours. The products were quality too. All in all, a pretty decent place to work.
Great work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC20 June 2017
making calls to set up appointments, spend time to build rapport with the customers, help the customer with any questions they may have about the product.
building relationships with both customers and coworkers is a great skill to have, as well as how to start conversations.
management is great and highly supportive towards employee goals. any questions you have they will answer to the best of their ability.
building a network is one of the hardest parts of this job but highly necessary to move forward.
being able to meet people and increase social skills is the best part of this job.
Pros
highly supportive team
Cons
hard to build a network

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vector Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.