Vector Marketing Employee Reviews

A rewarding experience, but not for everyone.
Assistant Manager / Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 August 2017
I joined Vector Marketing and was interested about the prospect of making commission. Many were turned off, because you have to make an initial investment, but I decided to run with it. I ended up doing extremely well in my initial weeks and was on track for management. I signed on as an assistant manager, but found that although the experience was great, I preferred my time as a sales rep, since it was a bit more laid back. The constant pressure to sell can be overwhelming to some, and I was honestly just fortunate to have a network of people who could both afford and were interested in the products: really well-made knives! I'd recommend this job to anyone driven to sell a genuinely great product, but beware of the pressure and circumstances that may hinder you.
If you don;t have a car, you would have a disadvantage!
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON31 July 2017
A typical day at work would be going tot the office, learning the tasks, receiving the supplies, preparing for the client interviews at their houses, receiving commission based on how many knives you sold, an how many leads.
Pros
Commission, and sometimes free products.
Cons
If you don't have a car there is a major disadvantage!!!
Redundant, goal oriented workplace
Recruiting Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 July 2017
A typical day at work consists of answering phone calls and scheduling interviews. Without the receptionist, there is technically no company. So it is a lot of responsibility.
Fun but exhausting
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 July 2017
Vector Marketing is responsible to sell and expose Cutco Cutlery to the United States and Canada. The work life at the office is good, and management tries to make everyone know each other. Vector Marketing makes a good opportunity to grow within positions.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
You make your own appointments and receive based on that
Good job
Sales (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 July 2017
Based off of commission mostly but if you dont make a sale you will still get paid for your time. Goes through references only. So you know someone who knows them.
Pros
Paid no matter what
Cons
Hard product to sell
Informal and impersonal yet practical workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 July 2017
Although I welcomed the new skills I developed and enjoyed the chance to meet new people, I found that Vector Marketing's scripted methods of sales denied me a genuine connection with customers.
Pros
Flexible hours, and relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Deceptive wages, and tries to get you to sell products to friends
Great sales experience
Sales Associate & Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 July 2017
Amazing, if not the best sales training and coaching you can get out there. The commissions for sales was very high. If you can handle sales, the sky is the limit for how much money you can make.
Pros
High commissions
Cons
Sales can be difficult
Summer Student Position
Field Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 June 2017
I worked at Cutco for 2 summers, one as a sales rep and one as a field assistant manager. Both summers I sold, yet never saw my friends.Good experience for someone looking to make quick money and advance their career. The company says flexible, but I felt like I was working all the time.
Pros
Good pay, Great people, Entrepreneurial teaching
Cons
No worklife balance, Typical ups-and-downs of sales
Great student opportunity
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON29 June 2017
Working with vector is the ultimate student opportunity; their performance based reward and advancement business model motivates students to push themselves to their limits and rewards them according to their hard work.
Pros
flexible
Cons
long unpaid meetings
Pretty Good
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 June 2017
I haven't worked long for them but they seem alright. Good community, flexible hours. The products were quality too. All in all, a pretty decent place to work.
Great work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC20 June 2017
making calls to set up appointments, spend time to build rapport with the customers, help the customer with any questions they may have about the product.
building relationships with both customers and coworkers is a great skill to have, as well as how to start conversations.
management is great and highly supportive towards employee goals. any questions you have they will answer to the best of their ability.
building a network is one of the hardest parts of this job but highly necessary to move forward.
being able to meet people and increase social skills is the best part of this job.
Pros
highly supportive team
Cons
hard to build a network
"What you put in is what you get out"
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 June 2017
This is a job primarily aimed at students, but could frankly be done by anyone. The job and company it self are legit but have some sketchy aspects to them. The job is to sell knives, not door to door, but to close family and friends. Earnings are a flat amount payed per client appointment and commissions earned from the sale of the product. The bulk of your earnings are probably going to come from commissions, which increase over your sales career. This job has the potential to make you a very handsome amount of dough, but the truth is that this job is not for everybody and few will excel in this work and make big money. Management loves to micromanage and expects you to call them before and after appointments and let them know if a client appointment changes. You're required to have weeks of scheduling prepared ahead of time and continually inform them of your plans. Given that this is a sales job the workplace culture is mainly centered around receiving incentives for selling lots of product, participating in selling competitions with prizes, and pressure from management to sell sell sell. Management teaches you to sell and demand you follow their exact teachings and not to alter them in the field.
Pros
Potential to earn big money
Cons
Your work life spills into your personal life
fun work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 June 2017
The company owner and co-workers were very supportive and understanding. Great place to prove myself and very competitive to work at. great team play.
Good flexibility and pay hard to get hours/ clients
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 June 2017
I learned positive marketing skills that will benefit me in the long run. The most enjoyable part was meeting all these new people. then after making your relationship more based of friendship rather then business
Fun work place
Amazing products
Fun prizes
Job security
Flexible working hours
You get what you put into your work
Vector
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB4 June 2017
When I was recruited for the Vector position. I was a sales representative for helping customers in choosing good cutlery. It was fun to being presentations for everyone, but I did not know it was a commission job.
fun but unorganized workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 May 2017
The only part I found worth becoming an employee there was the 3 day training course they had us do before we could start selling their products. It helped me learn some new things and gain some skills, along with adding experience to my resume. The staff are also super kind. I didn't work there for very long because of all of the unorganized schedules and unorganized off-date paydays.
Pros
friendly people and open schedule
Cons
unorganized
Decent for side cash
Assistant office manager and sales representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 May 2017
Vector does honk its own horn more than i appreciated; however, the business and managerial skills that i have created for myself because of the position i held in Vector have been detrimental to my success moving forward and the development of both my social and sales skills have more then paid for the negative comments i COULD say about this company.

If you want to put your son or daughter on a path to success, Vector is the place to start for their first job.
Pros
Free Cutco
Cons
Expected to volunteer hours
Terrible, scamming, did not pay for what they said they would
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 May 2017
Terrible work place. Management wants you to succeed but the workplace is a pyramid scheme. Must place money in the beginning to join, no paid training. Very awful
Great working Environment
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 May 2017
Everyone I have encountered at this job has been absolutely amazing. I have only worked here 1 year and have gained way more meaningful work experience than I have in all my years or working at past jobs. I would recommend this job to all of my friends. As long as you're motivated, have a great attitude, and a great work ethic, you can be successful here.
Pros
Environment & Pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vector Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval