Vector Aerospace

Vector Aerospace Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A constantly growing company.
Final Inspection Assistant (Current Employee), Slemon Park, PESeptember 4, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits, wages, vacation. several times a year they usually provide a lunch for all employees.
Cons: i'm leaving.
I have been with this company for almost 17 years, it's with heavy heart that I'm leaving. The only reason why I'm leaving is to move to Fort Mac Murray, there has just come a time that I need to try new and hopefully better things.This company has certainly grown alot since i've been there. They treat their employees with high respect and salary and – more... benefits are pretty top notch for PEI.
They have gone thru a couple of name changes, first they used to be Atlantic Turbines Inc, then changed to Vector Aerospace. – less
Superior benefits, vacations, rrsp top ups.
Millwright (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJune 3, 2013
Pros: great benefits and perks, staff gym, cafeteria, internet cafe, clean environment, no outside work.
Cons: 85 km one way commute, rate of pay was not competitive with industry standards.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Vector Aerospace, a great employer, good benefits all around.
One drawback, whilst I enjoyed my job, I felt I was not challenged enough.
When I asked for a raise I was told because I did not have my MRO (maintenance repair and overhaul) qualification, therefore I could not get a raise, even though I was hired on as a – more... Millwright not an MRO tech.
When I found a new job and gave my 2 weeks notice, my manager asked me if they gave a raise would I stay? I found that very interesting.

As a whole, I would recommend the company as a good employer, a good retirement job for someone.

If I had a shorter commute I would have let some things not bother me, but the commute of 1 hr in the morning and sometimes upto 4 hrs on the way home, kind of made the little things snowball. – less
Some of the people are nice
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, Ontario, CanadaOctober 29, 2012
Pros: nice people
Cons: no healthy management styles
There is zero work/life balance here. I'd like to be able to learn more but it's always a catch up.
Productive and great enviroment to work
Precision Machinist (Former Employee), Charlottetown PEAugust 22, 2012
Machining airplane parts to the correct specs to overhaul a engine to put it back in the fleet
much to learn and great experience with tight tolerances on machining work
co workers were very helpful in helping you in any way they could
everything was enjoyable to me in the job