Vector Aerospace Employee Reviews in Canada

Leading helicopter company in the industry
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCOctober 18, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Decent overtime work to learn more about industry and helicopters. Very experience co-workers with friendly attitude towards new comers and learned about aviation systems.
Nice place to work for
Customer Service Rep. (Former Employee) –  Richmond BCApril 4, 2015
Nice place to work for. Great technical group of people. Learned how to interact with customers. Hardest parts was to report & learn reporting style for 3 managers at any given time
productive and enjoyable work environment
Pattern Maker and Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCFebruary 13, 2015
Management asked for productivity, wanted my opinion regarding what was in my responsibility. I was there because of my background, skills, and experience. I used this to best the situation of the company.
I enjoyed working with the management and employees.
Cons
long distance to travel.
Plating, Cleaning, Painting and Engine disassembling
Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VancouverMarch 23, 2014
Currently work in full time for aeronautic maintenance company as process technician about 6 years.

The jobs are focusing on Plating (Cd/Ni/Cu/Ag), Cleaning and Painting,

Also have experience on engine (GT-58) disassembling .

Have got the training certificate for plating (by SIFCO), WHMIS,Human Factors (by CCAA), HPIAM ( by CAMC).
Pros
good benefit
Cons
no union
A constantly growing company.
Final Inspection Assistant (Current Employee) –  Slemon Park, PESeptember 4, 2013
I have been with this company for almost 17 years, it's with heavy heart that I'm leaving. The only reason why I'm leaving is to move to Fort Mac Murray, there has just come a time that I need to try new and hopefully better things.This company has certainly grown alot since i've been there. They treat their employees with high respect and salary and benefits are pretty top notch for PEI.
They have gone thru a couple of name changes, first they used to be Atlantic Turbines Inc, then changed to Vector Aerospace.
Pros
excellent benefits, wages, vacation. several times a year they usually provide a lunch for all employees.
Cons
i'm leaving.
Superior benefits, vacations, rrsp top ups.
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCJune 3, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Vector Aerospace, a great employer, good benefits all around.
One drawback, whilst I enjoyed my job, I felt I was not challenged enough.
When I asked for a raise I was told because I did not have my MRO (maintenance repair and overhaul) qualification, therefore I could not get a raise, even though I was hired on as a Millwright not an MRO tech.
When I found a new job and gave my 2 weeks notice, my manager asked me if they gave a raise would I stay? I found that very interesting.

As a whole, I would recommend the company as a good employer, a good retirement job for someone.

If I had a shorter commute I would have let some things not bother me, but the commute of 1 hr in the morning and sometimes upto 4 hrs on the way home, kind of made the little things snowball.
Pros
great benefits and perks, staff gym, cafeteria, internet cafe, clean environment, no outside work.
Cons
85 km one way commute, rate of pay was not competitive with industry standards.
Some of the people are nice
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario, CanadaOctober 29, 2012
There is zero work/life balance here. I'd like to be able to learn more but it's always a catch up.
Pros
nice people
Cons
no healthy management styles
Productive and great enviroment to work
Precision Machinist (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown PEAugust 22, 2012
Machining airplane parts to the correct specs to overhaul a engine to put it back in the fleet
much to learn and great experience with tight tolerances on machining work
co workers were very helpful in helping you in any way they could
everything was enjoyable to me in the job