Vector Aerospace

Vector Aerospace Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A constantly growing company.
Final Inspection Assistant (Current Employee), Slemon Park, PESeptember 4, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits, wages, vacation. several times a year they usually provide a lunch for all employees.
Cons: i'm leaving.
I have been with this company for almost 17 years, it's with heavy heart that I'm leaving. The only reason why I'm leaving is to move to Fort Mac Murray, there has just come a time that I need to try new and hopefully better things.This company has certainly grown alot since i've been there. They treat their employees with high respect and salary and – more... benefits are pretty top notch for PEI.
They have gone thru a couple of name changes, first they used to be Atlantic Turbines Inc, then changed to Vector Aerospace. – less
Superior benefits, vacations, rrsp top ups.
Millwright (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJune 3, 2013
Pros: great benefits and perks, staff gym, cafeteria, internet cafe, clean environment, no outside work.
Cons: 85 km one way commute, rate of pay was not competitive with industry standards.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Vector Aerospace, a great employer, good benefits all around.
One drawback, whilst I enjoyed my job, I felt I was not challenged enough.
When I asked for a raise I was told because I did not have my MRO (maintenance repair and overhaul) qualification, therefore I could not get a raise, even though I was hired on as a – more... Millwright not an MRO tech.
When I found a new job and gave my 2 weeks notice, my manager asked me if they gave a raise would I stay? I found that very interesting.

As a whole, I would recommend the company as a good employer, a good retirement job for someone.

If I had a shorter commute I would have let some things not bother me, but the commute of 1 hr in the morning and sometimes upto 4 hrs on the way home, kind of made the little things snowball. – less
Some of the people are nice
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, Ontario, CanadaOctober 29, 2012
Pros: nice people
Cons: no healthy management styles
There is zero work/life balance here. I'd like to be able to learn more but it's always a catch up.
Productive and great enviroment to work
Precision Machinist (Former Employee), Charlottetown PEAugust 22, 2012
Machining airplane parts to the correct specs to overhaul a engine to put it back in the fleet
much to learn and great experience with tight tolerances on machining work
co workers were very helpful in helping you in any way they could
everything was enjoyable to me in the job
Head of Repair of Spares (Former Employee), Gosport, ENGMarch 25, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours
A company that recognise hard work, and are willing to promote from within, and provide all the relevant training to help you progress your career. A great team spirit, where everybody tries to assist their work colleagues.
Decent pay and benefits for permanent staff
Asset Managing (Current Employee), GosportFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: blame culture
Busy production environment
Experience gained invaluable
Management average
Co-workers are fun and hard working
N/A
Engineer (Current Employee), Gosport, ENGJanuary 19, 2014
Excellent place to work.
Great people to work with.
Hardest part of job - lack of documentation
Steep learning curve
Administration Assistant (Former Employee), GosportSeptember 7, 2013
This role enabled me to learn how to work solely and be confident in myself. I joined the company and within three months I was promoted. My superior left the company and I was in charge of my department. I had tp train new employees, implement my own systems and manage two offices. this job required a lot of organisation and initiative
like anywhere else
Mechanic (Current Employee), Harlingen, TXMay 16, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: up and downs
they are working on the problems.
very dog eat dog world
simple work
Good workplace and fantastic team members
Factory Worker (Former Employee), Croydon, SurreyMarch 31, 2013
Pros: subsidised canteen
Typical days work would start at 6.30am through until 4.30 pm, the main objective in this job was to strip the aeroplane blades of grease and paint.

I also had to check them for cracks. Once this check had been completed I recoated and hardened which were then able and ready to be fitted on the planes.
Good employer
Fitter/Metal Worker (Current Employee), CroydonAugust 27, 2012
Good employer for the last 15 years. Learned a lot and enjoyed the work that I did and how it supported the Royal Air Force in the work that they do.