Vecova Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive , routine and repetitive work
Cart Retriever (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 5, 2015
Pros: Friendly and customer service
Cons: unruly and rude passengers
Productive routine and repetitive work, customer service, clears carts from terminal side, parkade and airlines. I work eight hours a day with a team of cart retrievers clearing and providing baggage carts to passengers. Sometimes I have co workers who work well as a team and some who work well independently. The hardest part of the job is clearing carts from the parkade levels from P1-P7 and clearing carts from the employee and discount lots.

Never argue with your supervisor on how long you were on breaks, they seem to be always right and I hate it when they time you on how long you have been gone, It is so unfair for the supervisors and other co workers to be on an hour break with the boss and you being myself be the only one on the floor working in your area plus covering for the co worker that's on break.

The best part of the job is helping another passenger load their bags on the cart and leading them showing them their airline or the place to where they are going.
Normal experience
Team Leader (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 24, 2014
This agency is like most other agencies in Calgary. There is not a lot of advancement opportunities due to long term employees.
Helping people who really need your help
Supportive Roommate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: i got to work at home
Cons: i did not get a lot of free time when my friends and family were available.
Very satisfying and especially fullfilling.
I really learned my patience level.
My co-workers were so supportive and helpful.
The hardest part was probably communication sometimes.
The most enjoyable part is feeling that you can make a positive difference in an individual's life.
Well established organization with strong ethics and great training.
Community Resource Practitioner (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 3, 2013
Pros: the clients, co-workers, training, hours and location
Cons: watching clients age, government cutbacks, minimal advancement opportunities, wage
A typical day consists of; supporting adults with developmental disabilities in their daily living, activities and teaching them life skills. Staff teach and model values to their clients each and every day. I learn to be patient and non-judgemental towards those less fortune than myself. The training is impeccable with high standards, which is so valued and appreciated. I can approach and talk to my management about any issues I may have. Everyone works together as a team with the same goals in mind for each individual client. My co-workers are easy to work with and also share the same high standards as myself. The hardest part of my job is seeing my clients struggle with things like communication and aging mobility issues. My clients are the most enjoyable part of my job.