Vecova Employee Reviews in Canada

Very unhealthy work environment (group home)
Ultra Complex Needs / Group Home (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 18, 2016
When I started at this company, I felt like I am home. Very great management support, overall stuff amazing. Clients so much fun. Loved to go to work. Than was in group home, where all was good until 2-3 people were hired and work become a high school drama. It wasn't about clients anymore, team work, it was all about telly tale. telling on each other. Mean behavior. Management support was poor. Many good staff left due to unhealthily environment.
I really loved and enjoyed my job and the rest of the coworkers were amazing to work with. Hardest part was to step up to those 2-3 people who were bullies but nothing was done or maybe was done something later on.
The company as Vecova is amazing. Great leaders there, amazing staff and support, but when you get to group homes, that is totally a different story. Everything depends on who clicks in and who is not.
Pros
amazing clients, supportive coworkers
Cons
favoritism from supervisors toward individual staffs, communication not good
dangerous work environment
employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 28, 2015
pay was not good and management was poorly skilled, bottle depot is disgustingly under payed and over worked. thank god for good supervisors there, i would of never returned...good supervisors were fired and replaced with an idiot.
Pros
good pay
Cons
16hr days and impossible deadlines
Well established organization with strong ethics and great training.
Community Resource Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 3, 2013
A typical day consists of; supporting adults with developmental disabilities in their daily living, activities and teaching them life skills. Staff teach and model values to their clients each and every day. I learn to be patient and non-judgemental towards those less fortune than myself. The training is impeccable with high standards, which is so valued and appreciated. I can approach and talk to my management about any issues I may have. Everyone works together as a team with the same goals in mind for each individual client. My co-workers are easy to work with and also share the same high standards as myself. The hardest part of my job is seeing my clients struggle with things like communication and aging mobility issues. My clients are the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
the clients, co-workers, training, hours and location
Cons
watching clients age, government cutbacks, minimal advancement opportunities, wage
Normal experience
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 24, 2014
This agency is like most other agencies in Calgary. There is not a lot of advancement opportunities due to long term employees.
Helping people who really need your help
Supportive Roommate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2014
Very satisfying and especially fullfilling.
I really learned my patience level.
My co-workers were so supportive and helpful.
The hardest part was probably communication sometimes.
The most enjoyable part is feeling that you can make a positive difference in an individual's life.
Pros
i got to work at home
Cons
i did not get a lot of free time when my friends and family were available.