Social Media Outreach Designer
Operating since 1969, Vecova provides a wide range of supports and services for individuals with disabilities and diverse needs. We exist to create a society where persons with disabilities are integral valued members. A leader in the disabilities field, Vecova is about to embark on a new mission to further develop our innovative Services, industry-leading Research and successful Social Enterprises.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Social Media Outreach Designer will help raise the profile of Vecova by leading the development of a database for external outreach, creating social media content and supporting staff with social media training. This is an ideal position for someone who does their best work when they are delivering practical research and are challenged creatively.
- Researching and developing a stakeholder database
- Creating social media content that may include:
o Story telling with persons with disabilities
o Interviews with local celebrities, community organizations etc.
o Designing visually engaging content/stories representing a unified voice for Vecova
- Providing basic social media training support to key employees
- The successful candidate will ideally have a Bachelor’s degree, is undertaking a degree or has demonstrated experience in Public Relations, Disability Studies, Social Psychology, Journalism, Art and Design or a related discipline
- High organization skills, demonstrated ability to apply skills using MS Word, Excel or other content management system
- Aptitude in photography, video and written storytelling, graphic design skills would be considered an asset
- High standard of interpersonal, visual and written communication skills
- Demonstrated high level of motivation, self-directed work and research skills
- Prioritizing competing workloads and working with tight deadlines
Compensation & Other Details:
- Term, Part-time, Flexible hours
- 144 hours over a 3 month term
If you’re someone who is highly self-motivated and thrives in an environment that enables you to exercise your organizational skills while working creatively, we would love to hear from you.
- Please submit a cover letter and resume with the position title in the subject line to the provided email.
- Position competition will close on Nov 25, 2013
3304-33 Street NW
Calgary, AB T2L 2A6
Fax: (403) 284-1146
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.