Recreation Assistant Manager
Vecova Recreation Centre offers a wide variety of activities for the whole family, including Red Cross swimming classes in our warm salt water pool, fitness classes, children’s parties, summer camps and a host of other activities. Our creative work environment is a great place to demonstrate your enthusiasm and innovative approach to community recreation.
We currently have two full time opportunities for Recreation Assistant Managers. This role is a key member of Vecova’s Recreation leadership team, providing leadership and mentorship to a diverse and dynamic team of Aquatic personnel. We are looking for two experienced leaders with demonstrated strengths in aquatic leadership, program coordination, program delivery and customer service.
- Minimum three years’ lifeguard and swim instructor experience
- At least one year experience in a recreation leadership role (Aquatic Shift Leader, Senior Customer Service)
- Program development experience
- Working knowledge of “CLASS/ActiveNet” computer software is considered an asset
- Preference will be given to candidates with a degree or diploma in Recreation, Kinesiology or a related field
- National Lifeguard- pool certification
- Water Safety Instructor
- Standard First Aid and CPR Training including AED
- Pool Operations
The two positions are 37.5 hours per week, which will work on an 8 week rotating schedule that will require evening and weekend shifts. The starting wage is $ 24.00 per hour. Vecova offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits program as well as staff development and training opportunities.
Interested candidates are invited to send your resume to Vecova Recruitment. Please indicate the position title in the subject line. This competition will close on May 30th 2014.
3304-33 Street NW
Calgary, AB T2L 2A6
Fax: (403) 210-1836