Vecova is a non-profit, service and research agency supporting persons with disabilities to live, learn and work in their community. Working at Vecova means being valued for the important work you do. We offer a supportive team environment, flexible schedules, competitive wages and benefits, career development and extensive training.
Vecova has full-time opportunity for a self-motivated, flexible individual to join our team in a Community Resource Practitioner position that will provide support to clients in a group home setting. This is a 35 hour position with day-time hours scheduled Monday through Friday. Additionally, an approved driver is required for this role.
As an integral part of our dedicated Services team, this role is responsible for providing high-quality services and supports to adults in a variety of settings including community living, employment, community access, medical and personal care. In addition to providing excellent client services, these roles require strong organizational skills and the ability to establish collaborative and effective working relationships with others.
Community Resource Practitioner - Position Code P101
- diploma or degree in Community Disability Services Studies or a related field; Foundations in Community Disability Studies or related post-Secondary education
- a minimum of two years’ experience working with individuals with disabilities
- experience and comfortable providing medical and personal care to individuals with disabilities
- demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite applications and comfortable working with computers
- a combination of education and experience will be considered
- approved driver with adequate insurance is required
- Please submit a cover letter and resume with the position code in the subject line to the recruitment email.
Competition will close August 15, 2013. Email applications are preferred.
3304 - 33rd Street NW
Calgary AB T2L 2A6
FAX#: (403) 284-1146
Attention: Recruitment Administrator
Thank you to all applicants; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.