YourLink Inc. (a subsidiary of Vecima Networks Inc.) is one of Saskatchewan’s largest provider of high-speed wireless Internet solutions to rural and remote communities. YourLink’s Saskatchewan wireless broadband network provides high-speed internet and TV services to nearly 12,000 subscribers in more than 200 communities and rural regions in Saskatchewan.
YourLink is seeking a Windows System Administrator with a passion for customer service, excellent communication skills and a positive attitude, and who has the ability to operate effectively in a dynamic, high energy environment in order to bring the best possible services to our newest customers.
The Windows System Administrator will be required to monitor and maintain users over the network, managing things like an individual user's server space, access rights, login availability and other security settings.
Personal abilities required for this position include:
- Excellent analytical skills to solve problems quickly
- Excellent communication skills to efficiently exchange information with clients as well as managers
- Planning skills to organize complex tasks and provide input into future state designs
- Post secondary education in University or Technical School
- At least 3 to 5 years experience in a similar role as a tier 2/3 support person
- Knowledge and support of Windows and Linux Environments
- Familiarity with RAID disk technologies
- Familiarity with network infrastructure
- Knowledge of server applications
- An understanding of Patch Management Software
- Familiarity with backup software and strategies
- PHP, C# and SQL
Duties to include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Provide server support in a Linux/Windows environment
- Provide desktop hardware and software support
- Provide Windows Exchange Email Server support
- Upgrade and replace server hardware
- Some programming and Database work will be required
We offer an entrepreneurial environment with a short chain of command, rapid response to problems and ideas. Our aim is to grow our business dramatically over the next few years.
Criminal Background Checks will be required upon accepting employment with YourLink Inc.
YourLink will reimburse the full amount upon acceptance of the Criminal Background Check.
YourLink Inc. has a competitive compensation and benefits package, and strives to provide a challenging work environment that can foster skill development and personal career growth for all employees.
Applicants are requested to forward the following information with their application:
- Salary expectations
- Marks (for recent graduates)
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.