Vecima Networks Inc. is a growing public company with over $80 million in annual revenues and approximately 600 employees. We are a world-class designer and manufacturer of advanced broadband wired and wireless products, and our products are used by major international companies in more than 30 countries to deliver Digital TV, Video-on-Demand, and Broadband Internet service.
We are fuelled by the innovation, leadership and passion of today’s top talent. Join Vecima and work in an environment that values teamwork and communication, rewards innovation and achievement, and fosters growth and opportunity in your career.
This position will be located in our Victoria, BC office. The position reports directly to the CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Marketing of all Vecima’s cable products in North America (and/or throughout the world)
- Leading the company’s ongoing growth as a leading platform vendor to cable operators
- Finding and analyzing relevant markets and defining new product strategy and vision to position Vecima as a trusted supplier to the industry
- Establishing the product management and marketing foundation (strategic positioning, pricing, messaging, etc.) behind each major product capability ensuring the company receives maximum return on its development investments
- Establishing strong marketing practices on processes for pricing and forecasting for standard product sales
- Working with sales to optimize our go-to-market capabilities, including partner channel development
- Building a solid product planning process and mentality that completely engages and leverages the other key functional (i.e. engineering, sales, business development) leaders of the company
- Developing a clear product plan that supports the vision and reflects an adequate balance between responding to existing customer demands and creating the capabilities required to move into new market segments
- Building and managing a team of high performing product management and marketing personnel
Position Specific Competencies/Skills Required:
- Demonstrated leadership success building teams, enabling sales and successfully launching, managing and growing products
- Ability to clearly articulate a market space and position a product/company into the “magic quadrant” with appropriate research data
- Has a track record of relationship-building among industry media and analyst community
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interface at all levels internally and externally. Exudes credibility and confidence
- Understands strategic sales: multi-departmental sell, long cycle, capital budget items
- A strategic mindset
- Ability to influence others and work collaboratively in order to produce results across multiple functional teams
- Financial analysis capabilities to bring quantitative analysis to complex decisions
- Technical depth to define priorities and trade-offs with a strong engineering team
- Must be able and willing to travel on a regular basis
Highly Desirable Experience, Knowledge and Abilities:
- 10+ years of product management and marketing experience in a fast-growing environment with significant knowledge of process management, product development methodologies (gating, MRDs/PRDs) and business case development for new products & services
- Previous success in a senior marketing role
- Has successfully positioned at least one high-tech company as a leader in the market
- Experience within the networking, MSO and service provider markets will be a bonus but not mandatory
- Experience marketing products from concept all the way to release of a product and subsequent evolution
- Prior work experience in a global role a strong plus
- Prior experience working in technology companies of various sizes and growth profiles
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- MBA highly preferred
As per company policy, Criminal Background Checks are required prior to accepting employment with Vecima Networks Inc. Vecima Networks will reimburse the full cost of the Criminal Background Check upon acceptance of the content.
Vecima Networks Inc. has a competitive compensation and benefits package, and strives to provide a challenging work environment that can foster skill development and personal career growth for all employees.
If you are looking for a challenging career move as VP Marketing, we want to hear from you!
Applicants are requested to forward the following information with their application:
- salary expectations
Please visit our website at www.vecima.com